Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
I am tired of you word games that somehow are always exceedingly negative.

My God is the same 1 God Creator as everyone else in all of existence.

Where is the confusion in that?

There is none, it's just you running in circles accomplishing nothing good.

Yet you say you aren't technically an atheist and then say it's all pretend. Which is it?

It's like I said. You are blind to the obvious, and willfully so.

Those instances that I tryed to help you are done.
Change while you can, or join the fellowes of the fire. In your particular case... I'm indifferent, unfortunately.

You win.
Enjoy it.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Pops -

Would you agree that if I demanded a person show me that Purple Invisible Dragons do not exist, they would be right in asking me first to demonstrate that such a concept is even real? How can you set about disproving my claim of PIDs if I can't even define for you exactly what I mean by that?

Your belief in God is so strong that you cannot imagine that a person would not know what you mean by the concept, so you feel silly having to explain it. A believer in PIDs might feel the same way. Yet the onus remains on them to demonstrate the specifics of their concept before any human being on earth could POSSIBLY start to work on the disproof. It's not "rhetorical games", it's how it works.

We are not just throwing a phrase out there when we say that "we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do; when you truly understand why you disbelieve all those other gods, you will understand why I disbelieve yours."

Do you believe in Zeus? Why not? It's a serious question.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 01:08 AM
(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am tired of you word games that somehow are always exceedingly negative.

Then stop being a cunt. Drinking Beverage

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My God is the same 1 God Creator as everyone else in all of existence.

The followers of all other religions with creation stories, including those with stories that don't involve divine creation by a single deity, would all disagree with you; and I have no more reason to take anything you say more seriously than they do, because you have no better evidence in support of your claims.

Don't like it? Then quite bitching and make with the evidence.

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Where is the confusion in that?

You're the only one here who doesn't understand your burden of proof.

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is none, it's just you running in circles accomplishing nothing good.

Thank you for summarizing your entire posting history here in one sentence.

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yet you say you aren't technically an atheist and then say it's all pretend. Which is it?

We're all atheists in regard to gods we don't believe in, most of us here just take if one god further than everyone else.

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's like I said. You are blind to the obvious, and willfully so.

Thou doth project too much.

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Those instances that I tryed to help you are done.

*tried

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Change while you can, or join the fellowes of the fire. In your particular case... I'm indifferent, unfortunately.

*fellows

(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You win.
Enjoy it.

Thank you.

What enjoyment is there in beating a quadriplegic at tether-ball? You are no challenge to be enjoyed in triumph, merely a fly to be swatted off a backside.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2015, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 07:02 AM by Chas.)
(25-08-2015 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So, yeah, you say there is no possible way that there is a God, although it is really obvious to some that there is.

This is your belief. You prove it.

He never made that claim.
You clearly do not understand what a claim is or how the burden of proof is assigned.

Quote:See how fucking retarded that sounds.

It is a shady way to initiate a stand off usually coupled with assumptions, accusations, and general negativity aimed at someone who is attempting a productive conversation.

Your petty, childish, cowardice defence tactics are boring and lame. Grow up, or grow old.

The only petty and childish posts are yours.

Quote:Your pretty much the only willfully ignorant individual here who strictly adheres to only emperalic data, and the three physical dimensions.

What is "emperalic data"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 07:28 AM
(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am tired of you word games that somehow are always exceedingly negative.

The are no word games being played, you simply refuse to understand what anybody is saying. I though osmium was dense but it doesn't hold a candle to you.

Quote:My God is the same 1 God Creator as everyone else in all of existence.

Where is the confusion in that?

It isn't confusing; it is meaningless until you define the attributes of this god you believe in and identify a way to falsify your belief. Your "feels" are irrelevant.

Quote:There is none, it's just you running in circles accomplishing nothing good.

You talking to the mirror again?

Quote:Yet you say you aren't technically an atheist and then say it's all pretend. Which is it?

You still don't understand how atheists define themselves. You also don't see that there is no way for us to differentiate your claims from pretend until you provide evidence for those claims.

Quote:It's like I said. You are blind to the obvious, and willfully so.

What you think is obvious is irrelevant until you can define what it is and show that it is real. From my perspective you are blind to the idea that you are living in your own little fantasy world.

Quote:Those instances that I tryed to help you are done.
Change while you can, or join the fellowes of the fire. In your particular case... I'm indifferent, unfortunately.

And we end up at the threat of hell, the last refuge of the religious con. Telling an atheist to fear hell is pointless until you can show that there is any such place. Do you fear an eternity of boredom in Sheol, or torture in the Muslim hell because you aren't bowing to Mecca, or having to be reborn as a cockroach, or any of the other threatened afterlives? Do you try to be good so Santa won't leave you coal this Christmas? Your threats have even less meaning than most since it is so apparent that you are hopelessly delusional.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
26-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Unfogged,

God's attributes are all positive things.

A way to falsify my belief would be to view it as if it is the power of the individual as opposed to the power given under the direction of God.

The physical world is real and very misleading. Greed is real yet not physical and yet wholly damning.
Consciousness is the connection with reality yet most cannot see.
The right direction through existence is observed and observable through all existence.
The damning nature of our selfish, greedy side is evident throughout existence as it pertains to our self made suffering.

He'll is not a threat. It is also reality. It is not meant to scare you into conformity, it is just a warning of the gravity of our particular situation.

I fear absolutely nothing, lest I fall from the right path and stay veered from it due to selfishness.
If all God's are of the one God, then Sheol, hell, or whatever you want to call the place that damning negative energy goes in wait of destruction are all the same to.

Santa is a curruption as is traditionally celebrated Christmas.
Thanks.
26-08-2015, 08:38 AM
(26-08-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged,

The damning nature of our selfish, greedy side is evident throughout existence as it pertains to our self made suffering.

Deuteronomy 6:15

"For the Lord your God is a jealous God..."

Not the most positive attributes there...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
26-08-2015, 08:49 AM
(26-08-2015 08:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged,

Deuteronomy 6:15

"For the Lord your God is a jealous God..."

Not the most positive attributes there...
It pertains to lessons in order to guide in the right direction. He isn't jealous of you. It is a reference to false God's and there capacity through false worship to Damn God's creation.
26-08-2015, 08:56 AM
(26-08-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He'll is not a threat. It is also reality. It is not meant to scare you into conformity, it is just a warning of the gravity of our particular situation.

Live a particular way or burn for eternity in hell (<---note lack of apostrophe) is most definitely a threat. It is no different to an abusive spouse threatening bodily harm if their dinner is not on the table at a specific time. In other words, do as I say or bad shit is gonna happen.

With this abusive threat in mind how are God's attributes 'all positive'? If I thought for a second he was real and not fictional I'd get a restraining order issued against him.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
26-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Can't remember who posted this originally, but I think it's the best succinct explanation for the phenomenon you describe, Eva. (And, right on!)

[Image: God-as-abusive-relationship.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post