Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(26-08-2015 12:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not his partner as I am lead and do not lead him.
He is my rightious guide though. To be in denial one must lie to themselves. Something that I am nearly incabable of under his near constant direction and will that I succumb to.

If your domestic partner has so shattered your self-esteem and so fully manipulated you that you consider him above reproach, so far above you that questioning his word is unthinkable, then I am very sorry for you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-08-2015, 01:14 PM
(26-08-2015 12:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To be in denial one must lie to themselves. Something that I am nearly incabable of under his near constant direction and will that I succumb to.

So you admit to living in denial everyday? It is an absolute lie to tell someone there is a place of eternal punishment, to which they will go to for just thinking for themselves and following science/evidence. It is a lie to teach children that all the answers they need are found in a bronze age stories. It is a lie to tell children that prayer functions any more than an emotional sedative. It is a lie to ignore a mountain of evidence supporting human evolution, to be certain that a magical fairy swirled up a man out of dust, and a woman from the dustman's rib.

You lie to yourself every day, which is your prerogative. But what is worse, and quite disgusting, is that you knowingly lie to children and stifle their abillity to question and explore the world around them. "Follow this heinous holy book or else" - you are a pathetic and dishonest, slimy weasel..

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 7 users Like Timber1025's post
26-08-2015, 01:30 PM
(26-08-2015 12:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not his partner as I am lead and do not lead him.
He is my rightious guide though. To be in denial one must lie to themselves. Something that I am nearly incabable of under his near constant direction and will that I succumb to.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-08-2015, 01:32 PM
(26-08-2015 01:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 12:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To be in denial one must lie to themselves. Something that I am nearly incabable of under his near constant direction and will that I succumb to.

So you admit to living in denial everyday? It is an absolute lie to tell someone there is a place of eternal punishment, to which they will go to for just thinking for themselves and following science/evidence. It is a lie to teach children that all the answers they need are found in a bronze age stories. It is a lie to tell children that prayer functions any more than an emotional sedative. It is a lie to ignore a mountain of evidence supporting human evolution, to be certain that a magical fairy swirled up a man out of dust, and a woman from the dustman's rib.

You lie to yourself every day, which is your prerogative. But what is worse, and quite disgusting, is that you knowingly lie to children and stifle their abillity to question and explore the world around them. "Follow this heinous holy book or else" - you are a pathetic and dishonest, slimy weasel..

This. Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 01:57 PM
(25-08-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Those instances that I tryed to help you are done.
Change while you can, or join the fellowes of the fire. In your particular case... I'm indifferent, unfortunately.

In an unrelated thread I was looking at some Jethro Tull lyrics and it occurred to me that they pegged you quite well:
"And in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me
As you lick the boots of death born out of fear"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
26-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Sounds like the two of you need relationship counseling.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
26-08-2015, 05:04 PM
(26-08-2015 02:21 PM)julep Wrote:  

Sounds like the two of you need relationship counseling.
Being knowledgeable and happy sound pretty good to me. Thank you.
26-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Idiots don't lie. They don't know how.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-08-2015, 05:18 PM
(26-08-2015 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Idiots don't lie. They don't know how.
Hey look more assumption, that's great buddy. The fact that I do not lie has little to do with the capacities that I held before now
26-08-2015, 05:19 PM
(26-08-2015 05:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Being knowledgeable and happy sound pretty good to me. Thank you.

You may be happy, but you are not knowledgeable. At least you have not demonstrated that here. Delusional and happy would be nearer the mark.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post