Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(26-08-2015 08:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Contrary to popular belief I know reality more than you can probably fathom.

Why then, if I may ask, do you constantly and consistently demonstrate the EXACT opposite of that every time you type? Every time. I'm not trying to be pithy I am dead serious, every single time. Any time someone asks you a question you start mouthing off delusional nonsense.

That's why I keep posting posting blue tastes like pomegranates every time you do it. Cause it's delusional nonsense.

It's not a "popular belief" that you are delusional at this point it's a demonstrated fucking FACT.

Missed you bro

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-08-2015, 11:14 PM
(26-08-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ... Contrary to popular belief ...

That's a risky phrase for a devout believer to use. It asserts a general principle: that it's possible that a popular belief could be wrong, that popularity is NOT a measure of veracity. A religious believer using that phrase instantly throws a spotlight on his own belief at the same time ripping apart the curtain of his belief's popularity as a way to defend it. Careless talk like that could lead to apostasy. Tsk.
[+] 7 users Like Airportkid's post
27-08-2015, 09:45 AM
An average conversation with PB.

Poopsthebuilder: I am most smartest! You MOST dumbest!

Every1else: What do you know?

Poopsthebuilder: I knows everything. Me Knows most of all.

Every1else: Why is the grass green?

Poopsthebuilder: HA HA you so stupid. You don't know why the grass is green. I do. I would tells you but me so smart and your so dumb you wouldn't understand.

Every1else: Try me.

Poopsthebuilder: Why you are you attacking me?! You atheists are so evil, and dumb. Your going to be so fucked when you die! If you only knew everything like I know everything then everything would be ok. But you don't because your all stupid. Not like me I smart super smart even. I'm even smarterist then Hawkings and Einstein combined!

Every1else: Just answer the question.

Poopsthebuilder: Turn to the scriptures. They hold all answers.

Every1else: Your making the clam that you know everything. Just tell us why the grass is green.

Poopsthebuilder: What a waist of time, your so stupid.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 9 users Like Commonsensei's post
28-08-2015, 08:39 AM
(26-08-2015 11:14 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ... Contrary to popular belief ...

That's a risky phrase for a devout believer to use. It asserts a general principle: that it's possible that a popular belief could be wrong, that popularity is NOT a measure of veracity. A religious believer using that phrase instantly throws a spotlight on his own belief at the same time ripping apart the curtain of his belief's popularity as a way to defend it. Careless talk like that could lead to apostasy. Tsk.
It's not really apostasy. If you were to claim that I had any religion before the one I have now it would be the lack of religion atheism. So in that point I guess you could say it was apostasy. All truly faithful of the religious or of one church they just don't know it yet.
28-08-2015, 08:42 AM
(27-08-2015 09:45 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  An average conversation with PB.

Poopsthebuilder: HA HA you so stupid. You don't know why the grass is green. I do. I would tells you but me so smart and your so dumb you wouldn't understand.

Poopsthebuilder: Why you are you attacking me?! You atheists are so evil, and dumb. Your going to be so fucked when you die! If you only knew everything like I know everything then everything would be ok. But you don't because your all stupid. Not like me I smart super smart even. I'm even smarterist then Hawkings and Einstein combined!

Every1else: Your making the clam that you know everything. Just tell us why the grass is green.

Grass absorbs certain light energy the light energy it does not absorb it reflects hence the green color. I never have, and never will claim to be all knowing for that is only God and I will never be God. Have never claimed that others are stupid there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Thank you.
28-08-2015, 12:38 PM
*Holds up hand*

Technically.. isn't it the chlorophyll inside the grass which is converting certain (As in most) of the photons impacting to convert water/CO2 into sugars etc?

Also, I believe there are plants (?) which use other specra and hence appear red?

Yup, that about does it for me remembering High School biology all those decades ago... Blush
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
28-08-2015, 01:01 PM
(28-08-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 09:45 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  An average conversation with PB.

Grass absorbs certain light energy the light energy it does not absorb it reflects hence the green color. I never have, and never will claim to be all knowing for that is only God and I will never be God. Have never claimed that others are stupid there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Thank you.

Only one god? truly?

How about Genesis 1:26?

"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Or let’s take a look at Psalms 82.1:

New International Version
A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods":

New Living Translation
A psalm of Asaph. God presides over heaven's court; he pronounces judgment on the heavenly beings:

English Standard Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of Asaph. God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the rulers.

King James Bible
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
A psalm of Asaph. God has taken His place in the divine assembly; He judges among the gods:"

International Standard Version
God takes his stand in the divine assembly; among the divine beings he renders judgment:

NET Bible
A psalm of Asaph. God stands in the assembly of El; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
God stands in the assembly of the Angels and among the Angels he will judge.

GOD'S WORD Translation
[A psalm by Asaph.] God takes his place in his own assembly. He pronounces judgment among the gods:

Jubilee Bible 2000
God stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
God standeth in the congregation of God; He judgeth among the gods.

Douay-Rheims Bible
A psalm for Asaph. God hath stood in the congregation of gods: and being in the midst of them he judgeth gods.

Darby Bible Translation
{A Psalm of Asaph.} God standeth in the assembly of God, he judgeth among the gods.

English Revised Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of God; he judgeth among the gods.

Webster's Bible Translation
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

World English Bible
God presides in the great assembly. He judges among the gods.

Young's Literal Translation
-- A Psalm of Asaph. God hath stood in the company of God, In the midst God doth judge.

Consider

Notice the vast majority are in line with the KJV, some others have taken creative license to change the word gods (plural) to "angels", "divine beings" or "rulers" lol......yeah. The oldest version on this list I believe is the Douay-Rheims, which *gasp* says the same thing as the KJV. Gasp Read your bible, actually read it, think, evolve beyond the myth.

Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-08-2015, 02:09 PM
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Hmmmmm......... he sounds worried about that.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
28-08-2015, 03:44 PM
(28-08-2015 01:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Grass absorbs certain light energy the light energy it does not absorb it reflects hence the green color. I never have, and never will claim to be all knowing for that is only God and I will never be God. Have never claimed that others are stupid there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Thank you.

Only one god? truly?

"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods":

New Living Translation
A psalm of Asaph. God presides over heaven's court; he pronounces judgment on the heavenly beings:

English Standard Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

A Psalm of Asaph. God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the rulers.

King James Bible

A psalm of Asaph. God has taken His place in the divine assembly; He judges among the gods:"

God takes his stand in the divine assembly; among the divine beings he renders judgment:

NET Bible
A psalm of Asaph. God stands in the assembly of El; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

GOD'S WORD Translation
[A psalm by Asaph.] God takes his place in his own assembly. He pronounces judgment among the gods:

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible
A psalm for Asaph. God hath stood in the congregation of gods: and being in the midst of them he judgeth gods.

Darby Bible Translation
{A Psalm of Asaph.} God standeth in the assembly of God, he judgeth among the gods.

English Revised Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of God; he judgeth among the gods.

World English Bible

-- A Psalm of Asaph. God hath stood in the company of God, In the midst God doth judge.

Consider

Notice the vast majority are in line with the KJV, some others have taken creative license to change the word gods (plural) to "angels", "divine beings" or "rulers" lol......yeah. The oldest version on this list I believe is the Douay-Rheims, which *gasp* says the same thing as the KJV. Gasp Read your bible, actually read it, think, evolve beyond the myth.

Big Grin
If you didn't figure it out by all those quotes the one God is over all the angels and other gods and that's the one I'm speaking of the creator. Thank you.
28-08-2015, 04:06 PM
(28-08-2015 03:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 01:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Only one god? truly?

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

King James Bible

NET Bible

GOD'S WORD Translation

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

World English Bible

Consider

Big Grin

If you didn't figure it out by all those quotes the one God is over all the angels and other gods and that's the one I'm speaking of the creator. Thank you.

[Image: 350x232px-LL-d4837514_Point_over_your_head.jpeg]

I'll clarify for GWG; for the only god around, Yahweh seems inordinately worried about people being devotees to other gods.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post