Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(28-08-2015 03:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 01:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Only one god? truly?

How about Genesis 1:26?

"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Or let’s take a look at Psalms 82.1:

New International Version
A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods":

New Living Translation
A psalm of Asaph. God presides over heaven's court; he pronounces judgment on the heavenly beings:

English Standard Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of Asaph. God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the rulers.

King James Bible
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
A psalm of Asaph. God has taken His place in the divine assembly; He judges among the gods:"

International Standard Version
God takes his stand in the divine assembly; among the divine beings he renders judgment:

NET Bible
A psalm of Asaph. God stands in the assembly of El; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
God stands in the assembly of the Angels and among the Angels he will judge.

GOD'S WORD Translation
[A psalm by Asaph.] God takes his place in his own assembly. He pronounces judgment among the gods:

Jubilee Bible 2000
God stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
God standeth in the congregation of God; He judgeth among the gods.

Douay-Rheims Bible
A psalm for Asaph. God hath stood in the congregation of gods: and being in the midst of them he judgeth gods.

Darby Bible Translation
{A Psalm of Asaph.} God standeth in the assembly of God, he judgeth among the gods.

English Revised Version
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of God; he judgeth among the gods.

Webster's Bible Translation
A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

World English Bible
God presides in the great assembly. He judges among the gods.

Young's Literal Translation
-- A Psalm of Asaph. God hath stood in the company of God, In the midst God doth judge.

Consider

Notice the vast majority are in line with the KJV, some others have taken creative license to change the word gods (plural) to "angels", "divine beings" or "rulers" lol......yeah. The oldest version on this list I believe is the Douay-Rheims, which *gasp* says the same thing as the KJV. Gasp Read your bible, actually read it, think, evolve beyond the myth.

Big Grin
If you didn't figure it out by all those quotes the one God is over all the angels and other gods and that's the one I'm speaking of the creator. Thank you.

Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-08-2015, 09:43 PM
You're goofy. The whole time it is says "Then/ and God said."

Not gods.

It wouldn't have been written " let me do this let me do that. It's just not right.

And how would you know that he wasn't referring to the void or liguid type substance that he used to create everything?
28-08-2015, 10:00 PM
(28-08-2015 09:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You're goofy. The whole time it is says "Then/ and God said."

Not gods.

It wouldn't have been written " let me do this let me do that. It's just not right.

And how would you know that he wasn't referring to the void or liguid type substance that he used to create everything?

But neither voids nor liquids are said anywhere in the given quotes. Unless you are referring to somebody you just couldn't be bothered to quote, that thought does not follow.

Yahweh, the allegedly sole god, is referred to in the given instances of P 82.1 as the judge among the gods (or rulers), and in the Genesis quote Yahweh refers to 'our image(/)likeness', indicating that he is talking to somebody else whom he holds in roughly equal stature who is like him.

I don't know about you, but I was was the only human, I wouldn't go around talking about other humans as though they were around when I knew otherwise.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
28-08-2015, 10:34 PM
(28-08-2015 10:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 09:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You're goofy. The whole time it is says "Then/ and God said."

Not gods.

But neither voids nor liquids are said anywhere in the given quotes. Unless you are referring to somebody you just couldn't be bothered to quote, that thought does not follow.

Yahweh, the allegedly sole god, is referred to in the given instances of P 82.1 as the judge among the gods (or rulers), and in the Genesis quote Yahweh refers to 'our image(/)likeness', indicating that he is talking to somebody else whom he holds in roughly equal stature who is like him.

I don't know about you, but I was was the only human, I wouldn't go around talking about other humans as though they were around when I knew otherwise.
Have you read the first part of Genesis?
28-08-2015, 10:37 PM
(28-08-2015 10:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Not gods.

Good point; he could have been talking to his son Christ.
28-08-2015, 10:46 PM
(28-08-2015 10:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But neither voids nor liquids are said anywhere in the given quotes. Unless you are referring to somebody you just couldn't be bothered to quote, that thought does not follow.

You mean talking to himself? Or do you not believe in the Divine Trinity?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2015, 11:08 PM
(28-08-2015 10:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But neither voids nor liquids are said anywhere in the given quotes. Unless you are referring to somebody you just couldn't be bothered to quote, that thought does not follow.

Or he could be talking about the other gods of the early Hebrew pantheon which is the ACTUAL case and not one you just fucking made up to fill the gap in your belief without any evidence to support it. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-08-2015, 12:16 AM
You have to admire the psychological quadriceps it takes to make THAT kind of a leap, from "God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods" to "nooooo, it was Jesus his son he was talking to" to "I worship only the one God".

Quite the mental gymnast, this one.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-08-2015, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 09:56 AM by goodwithoutgod.)

Not gods.

Gasp

Blink

Laugh out load

Facepalm

Laugh out load

[Image: 9kcq6h.jpg]

Your dishonesty is just .......amusing. It's your bible, read it....don't modify what it clearly says........gods.......our image....mhmmm.....continue trying to get out of that one...Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-08-2015, 11:44 AM
(29-08-2015 09:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Not gods.

Gasp

Blink

Laugh out load

Facepalm

Laugh out load

[Image: 9kcq6h.jpg]

Your dishonesty is just .......amusing. It's your bible, read it....don't modify what it clearly says........gods.......our image....mhmmm.....continue trying to get out of that one...Laughat
There is one creator God. I know that. The rest is irrelevant. Whether he spoke to self, us, Satan, or Christ is irrelevant. The One Creator is the God of God's and all other creation.