Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 08:03 AM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(30-08-2015 07:56 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Said the lost and confused to the seemingly lost and confused.

Except that yours accusations are just assertions without proof and MANY of us have proven your rampant confusion and detachment from reality.

How does it feel to have your defense reduced to "I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I?" ?
Like I have said before; what people think of me is irrelevant. I don't feel one way or the other on that point. I guess what I am trying to say is hate me, or think I'm nuts or high. It makes no difference. I'm just trying to help people that want to be helped. The rest can't be spoken for, as I am not responsible for them or any other. I try to keep myself out of it. This seems nearly impossible though. All I can say is that to whom it concerns; don't focus on me, I am just a man. Focus on what you feel is right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2015, 10:00 AM
(30-08-2015 08:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm just trying to help people that want to be helped.

Schoolyard retorts are not an effective means to this end.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
30-08-2015, 10:09 AM
(30-08-2015 08:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Like I have said before; what people think of me is irrelevant. I don't feel one way or the other on that point. I guess what I am trying to say is hate me, or think I'm nuts or high. It makes no difference. I'm just trying to help people that want to be helped. The rest can't be spoken for, as I am not responsible for them or any other. I try to keep myself out of it. This seems nearly impossible though. All I can say is that to whom it concerns; don't focus on me, I am just a man. Focus on what you feel is right.

We agree! It doesn't matter what we think of you.

What should matter is what you think of yourself. That's where we're concerned about you, because it is clear that many of your ideas are not based in objective reality, and you seem to be okay with that. The problem is, "not based in objective reality" is a sign of mental illness.

What a rational person does, when presented with something they thought was true but are shown it is not true, and are shown WHY we know some other thing, is to say "oops" and correct their error. You do not do this; indeed, you sometimes will bend over so far backward to defend a strange idea of yours that your replies border on the level of "is he just messing with us, or does he really think that?"

We are all "just men" (or women, as appropriate), but if you want to communicate in the world of grown-ups, you have to learn to improve your thought processes beyond that of the schoolyard, and you have to figure out why you have such a hard time grasping very simple concepts about reality.

Preferring fantasy over reality is not a virtue. You are not virtuous. And you are definitely not "helping people" by showing Christianity to be full of so clearly silly and provably-wrong ideas; Christians who actually understand science must be infuriated with you!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 11:00 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(29-08-2015 06:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 03:33 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  mhmmmmm Now put on your thinking hat...oh wait....well borrow mine...now realize you don't KNOW that there is one creator god. You may BELIEVE that, you may HOPE that is true, you may WISH it is true, you may even have FAITH it is true....but you don't KNOW it is true....do you know why? There is ZERO evidence.

Now, lets recap...

Faith - the belief in something without evidence.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder. A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Religion - The embracement of delusion.
Flawed argument. You think that I don't know because you don't know otherwise.

I experience therefore I know.

I feel with all my being at times that this is indeed true.

Just because you can't connect to your conscience because you nearly, subconsciously think it would destroy your false grasp on your selfish reality, doesn't mean that I don't have a firm grasp on real reality.

Truly? Consider

Define experience.

Define knowledge.

Ascertain reality.

Your feelings are irrelevant...they are not the litmus test for truth, validation, or fact. It may be a fact you THINK you know, I will grant you that...people are able to believe the most ridiculous things apparently...But you don't know. The fuck ton of shit that you don't KNOW about your own religion is mind blowing. What you FEEL is a neurological, physiological and psychological compilation of many things...no magic required.

No....no my friend, you clearly do NOT have a firm grasp on reality. I wonder...what other nonsensical things do you KNOW? Do you KNOW aliens have visited earth? Do you KNOW bigfoot exists? Fairies? Dragons? Ghosts? Loch ness monster? You must given your propensity to believe in things with zero evidence. I KNOW Norrg exists inside hollow neptune, prove me wrong.

“my belief is based on very strong and credible direct testimony from reliable eyewitnesses” .... mmm, wait, no actually it's not. What you mean to say is My belief is based on the copies of the translations of the copies of the translations of the copies of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of the oral retelling of a tale that may or may not have been originally told by apostles who may or may not actually have ever existed and may or may not have witnessed the events and may or may not have told them accurately"

Why is it that you believe claims which have overwhelming, almost conclusive, evidence against them and very weak circumstantial historical evidence for them, but you don't believe claims which have only somewhat strong evidence against them, and confirmed eyewitness testimony of interviewable witnesses as evidence for them?

For example, why don't you believe in bigfoot? Consider

Unlike the resurrection, which violates absolutely everything we know about almost every branch of science, the existence of bigfoot doesn't violate the laws of physics, doesn't violate the laws of chemistry, it just seems to violate some of what we know about biology. Furthermore, unlike the resurrection, which is supported by the copy of the translation of the copy of the translation of multiple layers of verbal hearsay by anonymous sources, the existence of bigfoot is supported by direct eyewitnesses alive today, with names, addresses, social security numbers, etc. You yourself can go and interview a bigfoot expert who has seen bigfoot multiple times, and he will share the first hand eyewitness testimony with you directly.

It seems that if you were in the business of believing unlikely stuff and were gonna be consistent rather than biased, there are loads of claims which, though unlikely, are several orders of magnitude more probable than a 30AD flying corpse…like bigfoot

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
30-08-2015, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 11:28 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
GwoG - I just had a horrible flash to the year 4015, in which two people are arguing about Bigfoot, and one says "but my holy scriptures say Bigfoot was real, and you can't prove he wasn't! We have four different gospels in our canon written in 2052 that talk about the life and miracles of Bigfoot in 1965!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 11:29 AM
(30-08-2015 11:20 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  GwoG - I just had a horrible flash to the year 4015, in which two people are arguing about Bigfoot, and one says "but my holy scriptures say Bigfoot was real, and you can't prove he wasn't! We have four different gospels in our canon that talk about the life and miracles of Bigfoot!"
Yay, more assumption.

Please tell me my own religion, and belief system.

Not your interpretation of present Christian sects please, I am not of any one of them.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I go off the teachings of scripture, not the word of man, or his family interpretation of the word of God.

Anyway, feel free to continue assuming baseless things of me. It really makes no difference to me.
30-08-2015, 12:05 PM
(30-08-2015 11:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 11:20 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  GwoG - I just had a horrible flash to the year 4015, in which two people are arguing about Bigfoot, and one says "but my holy scriptures say Bigfoot was real, and you can't prove he wasn't! We have four different gospels in our canon that talk about the life and miracles of Bigfoot!"
Yay, more assumption.

Not your interpretation of present Christian sects please, I am not of any one of them.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I go off the teachings of scripture, not the word of man, or his family interpretation of the word of God.

Anyway, feel free to continue assuming baseless things of me. It really makes no difference to me.

intriguing....yet you know of god through the bible yes? Perhaps not, then explain the basis of your faith. Is it not the abrahamic faith based god? I havent followed your ramblings closely once I figured out you are a few meds short of lucidness. So amaze me with your popsthebuilder's discovery of "god" religion of one, and how it is the truth, the will and the way to "god".....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
30-08-2015, 12:44 PM
(30-08-2015 11:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
Yay, more assumption.

I think Ricky Gervais said it best:

[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 12:46 PM
(30-08-2015 11:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Please tell me my own religion, and belief system.

You are unable to accept the fact that there is no postmortem preservation of identity and when you're dead, you're gone. It scares the shit out of you. Instead of recognizing and celebrating your own impermanence and temporariness you create delusions to deny it. What do I win?

#sigh
30-08-2015, 12:57 PM
(30-08-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 11:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Please tell me my own religion, and belief system.

You are unable to accept the fact that there is no postmortem preservation of identity and when you're dead, you're gone. It scares the shit out of you. Instead of recognizing and celebrating your own impermanence and temporariness you create delusions to deny it. What do I win?
I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death. We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned. Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post