Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 01:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(30-08-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are unable to accept the fact that there is no postmortem preservation of identity and when you're dead, you're gone. It scares the shit out of you. Instead of recognizing and celebrating your own impermanence and temporariness you create delusions to deny it. What do I win?
I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death. We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned. Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.

While I don't see how you can be sure of energy preservation after death if we are totally unaware of it, my metaphysics are not that much different than yours popsthepoopiehead. You suck at presenting it though poopiehead.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2015, 01:21 PM
(30-08-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are unable to accept the fact that there is no postmortem preservation of identity and when you're dead, you're gone. It scares the shit out of you. Instead of recognizing and celebrating your own impermanence and temporariness you create delusions to deny it. What do I win?

I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death. We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned. Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.

Can you define this 'energy'?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-08-2015, 01:23 PM
(30-08-2015 01:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death. We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned. Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.

Define this 'energy' for us.

Agape.

#sigh
30-08-2015, 01:26 PM
(30-08-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death.

What evidence do you have for that?

Quote:We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned.

Word salad. What is this energy? How can we detect it? Where is it stored in the body before death? In what way does it benefit existence?

Quote:Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.

More word salad. Whether you have bought into an existing theology or made up your own woo it is all the same. You have nothing to offer except your own self-delusions which is of no practical use to anybody.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
30-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Unfogged, everything is energy.
You can say we are but the sum of our parts but that just isn't the case. Some of us have a soul, or a spirit that is not materialistic at all. So maybe science is having trouble detecting it. I don't know. I know that energy can't be destroyed thought, and If our soul or spirit isn't simply the sum of parts that just happend to fall upon themselvs to make remarkable creatures with infinite potential, then there is an energy that goes to the place it is called in relation to the outcome of its actions. Possitive/ negative/ indifferent.

you know the bullshit is getting thick when people start claiming word salad on a single sentence.

No practical use!?

If world peace for all existence and limitless technological breakthroughs aren't bemificial enough, then how about not burning in hell until God destroys you with all the rest of the negative in existence and starts new because we were too selfish to grasp simple lessons in life that are displayed constantly to us all.
30-08-2015, 02:09 PM
(30-08-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged, everything is energy.
You can say we are but the sum of our parts but that just isn't the case. Some of us have a soul, or a spirit that is not materialistic at all. So maybe science is having trouble detecting it. I don't know. I know that energy can't be destroyed thought, and If our soul or spirit isn't simply the sum of parts that just happend to fall upon themselvs to make remarkable creatures with infinite potential, then there is an energy that goes to the place it is called in relation to the outcome of its actions. Possitive/ negative/ indifferent.
You know this how?

Quote: you know the bullshit is getting thick when people start claiming word salad on a single sentence.
Or when people start stringing together words in a single sentence such that it makes no sense?

Quote:No practical use!?

If world peace for all existence and limitless technological breakthroughs aren't bemificial enough, then how about not burning in hell until God destroys you with all the rest of the negative in existence and starts new because we were too selfish to grasp simple lessons in life that are displayed constantly to us all.
Ayup, all else fails a good threatening with hellfire will convince 'em Thumbsup

Dodgy Fucken clown.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2015, 02:15 PM
(30-08-2015 02:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
You know this how?

Quote: you know the bullshit is getting thick when people start claiming word salad on a single sentence.
Or when people start stringing together words in a single sentence such that it makes no sense?

Quote:No practical use!?

Ayup, all else fails a good threatening with hellfire will convince 'em Thumbsup

Dodgy Fucken clown.
It's true what is written; you just can't help some people.
30-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Nearly 500 posts...much progress has been made...or not. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2015, 02:19 PM
If to stupid to read the benefits I stated prior to hellish tourment then I really don't know what to say.

Hey, I've got an idea; why don't you accuse me of blatant ignorance while ignoring everything I say. That's what you should do.
30-08-2015, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 02:32 PM by unfogged.)

Even if I grant that oversimplification, it has no bearing on individuals surviving death in any form. Saying that there is "an energy after death" is meaningless. There is energy before conception, while we are alive, and afterwards. You repeatedly imply more and then shift the goalposts when you get asked to demonstrate it. You need to face up to the fact that you are just spouting nonsense.

Quote:You can say we are but the sum of our parts but that just isn't the case. Some of us have a soul, or a spirit that is not materialistic at all.

Prove it. Show your evidence. Demonstrate that this is true or even that we have reason to consider it to be a possibility. Your "feels" about it are of no value to anybody except you or maybe somebody with similar low standards and inability to think rationally.

Quote:So maybe science is having trouble detecting it. I don't know.

"I don't know" is a good thought. Keep repeating it until you understand that you don't know and you should stop claiming that you do. You have only a lot of inane beliefs with no evidence.

Quote:I know that energy can't be destroyed thought, and If our soul or spirit isn't simply the sum of parts that just happend to fall upon themselvs to make remarkable creatures with infinite potential, then there is an energy that goes to the place it is called in relation to the outcome of its actions. Possitive/ negative/ indifferent.

Except that all the evidence we have is that we are just the sum of our parts. There simply is no evidence for a "soul". That "there is an energy that goes to the place it is called" is just meaningless until you first find some way to demonstrate that there is a soul. You may not be claiming that there is an afterlife like the typical theist but you are still imagining something rather than facing reality as it is according to all the evidence we have.

That's all it takes sometimes, especially with your posts.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post