Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion
(30-08-2015 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  May I ask why you care? Why the need to issue this warning to those who don't believe? What purpose does it serve? I really don't understand.
It's based on a hope that through attempted leveled conversation, I can help one person at a time. It is for the sake of existence, and the betterment of civilization. And is expressly my duty to warn, yet not take responsibility for those who do not hear. There are some that will never hear, and who will always declare me to be a lier. But I have at least made some think. That is the point.

Fair enough explanation.

But there are people here who once believed as you do, or at least followed the faith of their parents, and after careful consideration have determined that they do not believe any more. For former believers I have heard few say that their deconversion was done on a whim.

If you are looking to find someone open to listening, you would have better luck with seekers not with those of us who have made up our minds and rejected a belief in a god or gods.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2015, 06:54 PM
(30-08-2015 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's based on a hope that through attempted leveled conversation, I can help one person at a time. It is for the sake of existence, and the betterment of civilization. And is expressly my duty to warn, yet not take responsibility for those who do not hear. There are some that will never hear, and who will always declare me to be a lier. But I have at least made some think. That is the point.

Fair enough explanation.

But there are people here who once believed as you do, or at least followed the faith of their parents, and after careful consideration have determined that they do not believe any more. For former believers I have heard few say that their deconversion was done on a whim.

If you are looking to find someone open to listening, you would have better luck with seekers not with those of us who have made up our minds and rejected a belief in a god or gods.
I understand.
However I was a whole hearted non believer for over twenty years myself so...people can change I guess.
30-08-2015, 06:59 PM
(30-08-2015 06:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fair enough explanation.

I understand.
However I was a whole hearted non believer for over twenty years myself so...people can change I guess.

Again, fair enough.

Seekers probably aren't coming here though. They are probably doing as I did years ago and are looking for information on different belief systems. Once I tried on a few, I finally realized that I didn't have to buy into any faith.

If I saw, felt, experienced what I thought was real evidence...I may follow that evidence. However, someone else's experience isn't necessarily proof to me.

If you are content in your belief, then be content in it. Live (practice) what you preach. You are more likely to sway someone by your actions than by threats and warnings.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-08-2015, 07:05 PM
(30-08-2015 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I understand.

Again, fair enough.

Seekers probably aren't coming here though. They are probably doing as I did years ago and are looking for information on different belief systems. Once I tried on a few, I finally realized that I didn't have to buy into any faith.

If I saw, felt, experienced what I thought was real evidence...I may follow that evidence. However, someone else's experience isn't necessarily proof to me.

If you are content in your belief, then be content in it. Live (practice) what you preach. You are more likely to sway someone by your actions than by threats and warnings.
Thank you. I do this daily in real life.

Warnings and or threats as some call them are generally a last resort or asked about. I agree that those on the fence would be more open to belief or Faith, but as many point out; there are lurkers, and the undesired as this is the biggest problem online community of atheists and agnostics that I have located thus far.
Your leveled, knowledgeable responses are much appreciated.
Wish you and everyone here the best.
30-08-2015, 07:07 PM
(30-08-2015 07:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Again, fair enough.

Thank you. I do this daily in real life.

Warnings and or threats as some call them are generally a last resort or asked about. I agree that those on the fence would be more open to belief or Faith, but as many point out; there are lurkers, and the undesired as this is the biggest problem online community of atheists and agnostics that I have located thus far.
Your leveled, knowledgeable responses are much appreciated.
Wish you and everyone here the best.

Thank you, and best of everything to you and yours as well.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-08-2015, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 10:32 PM by Chas.)
(30-08-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are unable to accept the fact that there is no postmortem preservation of identity and when you're dead, you're gone. It scares the shit out of you. Instead of recognizing and celebrating your own impermanence and temporariness you create delusions to deny it. What do I win?
I have probably stated on 5 different occasions did I am Not sure that there is a consciousness after death. What I have also stated is that I am sure that there is an energy after death. We may be totally unaware of this energy. It is strictly beneficial to existence not including self as far as I am concerned and it has to be as far as I'm concerned. Just to be part of the good of existence and beneficial to it is all I need to do right it has s*** to do with me or me remembering the s******* me that I was when I was alive on earth.

You are sure there is "an energy after death"?
Even though there is absolutely no evidence for this, and biology does not require an élan vital to function?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2015, 10:30 PM
(30-08-2015 06:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 03:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  [Image: 55e2b23d286a3.jpeg]
It's not a threat. It is a warning for your own good.

What a childish notion. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-08-2015, 10:48 PM
(30-08-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hey, I've got an idea; why don't you accuse me of blatant ignorance while ignoring everything I say. That's what you should do.

[Image: 522263109_Good20Idea_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
30-08-2015, 11:13 PM
(30-08-2015 06:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 03:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  [Image: 55e2b23d286a3.jpeg]

It's not a threat. It is a warning for your own good.

"That's an awfully nice soul you've got there. Be a shame if something were to happen to it."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
31-08-2015, 06:40 AM
(30-08-2015 06:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are some that will never hear, and who will always declare me to be a lier.

I don't think you are a liar, just poorly educated and deeply mired in personal delusions. I seriously think you need to get counseling at the very least and could probably benefit from proper medications.

Quote:But I have at least made some think. That is the point.

I seriously doubt that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP