Evolution revisited

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Evolution revisited
The thing is though, he's said these things about evolution to the class, to everyone.
So he made it a public affair when he publicly said evolution is basically a load of crap.

If you're going to make claims like that publicly (as publicly as you can get in a room of around 30 people) than you should be open for public criticism, publicly.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 08:11 AM
*UPDATE*
When I was in pimary school, I thought all schools (atl least in my homeland, that is) will teach evolution without mentioning creationism
Now I got the truth: Christian schools never gave up on brainwashing you.
My notes on evolution is 12 pages thick but 9 pages are creationist arguments. I decide to torn it to pieces and throw every piece into a fire.
Oh and I am "happy" to announce that there will be no tests and quizzes in evolution but a morning assembly about creationism is coming!
WOW! Why the hack would I end up in a christian school?!

I got Dysgraphia and i am not living in the US so plz forgive my poor english.
17-10-2013, 08:34 AM
The following is directly quoted from my "evolution" notes of biology. *looking for a lighter*
"Fossil records are very incomplete. We would expect to find gradual series of fossils linking every species within its distant ancestors. However there is almost total absence of intermediates. No series of this kind or "missing link" has ever been found...evolution is not a gradual transfer but a sudden jump. Can it really happen?
Carbon dating is used to date fossils however it is inaccurate. There is a pre-assumption of C-14 original distribution. It is rather impossible to find the real ages of fossils...If every group of related organisms has evolved from a common ancestor, then it is possible to classify them into hierachical groups. But soil and minerals can also be arranged in a similar manner. Does this mean they came from evolution either?
It is well known that pentadactyl limb exists in all vertebrates as a basic pattern... this shows that they are all created by the same creator..."
There we go. Christian style evolution. *busy burning (pardon my french) this piece of sh!t*

17-10-2013, 09:08 AM
earmuffs, easy for you at a distance to give aggressive advice to another, I would suggest that bustead would follow that advice at their peril.

I know from personal experience that pissing off high school teachers is a good way to cause yourself problems. I had to retake 3 semesters of high school french partially because I am poor at languages other than "merican" and partially because I pissed off my teacher for 2 of those semesters because I did not like him and made that apparent.

My 2 sons both gained entrance to a rather prestigious public university. The older one who I believe is more school smart was only accepted provisionally because there were some not so good grades due to him pissing off teachers in high school.

To suggest that a high school (I assume) student openly confront a teacher is not good advice. Suggesting that they ignore things in class that they know to be false and do the best they can to understand the subject as well as they can by proper study is good advice.
17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Tell him to send his hypothesis to either one of these three Christian men:

Francis Collins - Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from the University of Virginia / Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from Yale / M.D. from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill / one of the leaders of the Human Genome Project

Alister McGrath - DPhil in Molecular Biophysics and a Doctorate of Divinity in Theology from Oxford University

Robert Bakker - Ph.D. in Paleontology from Harvard University / one of the world's leading paleontologists

...but don't tell him that they believe in evolution.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Respecting science is a must for everyone

17-10-2013, 09:51 AM

Harvard Nobel prize winner :

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche