Evolution warning label in college

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Evolution warning label in college
(14-01-2013 04:09 PM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  I had it the other way around. I had an instructor who, despite his Ph.D. in Biology and his wife being a doctor (he was instructing A & P) was still telling us that he didn't believe in evolution because evolution teaches that we come from nothing.

When the surveys came in I put "please check this instructor's credentials, he needs to go back to Biology I and II."

If you come out of those classes still saying what he did, you either didn't listen, or you didn't care what was being taught.

Wow that's pathetic. That would be like one of us going to church and preaching every Sunday. We should not have religious people teaching biology classes or classes that have anything to do with evolution or the age of the earth. I would feel ripped off if I went to university and had one of them teaching me.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Today, my biological anthropology professor was giving us a lesson on early human species. He said that he had had a rather shocking moment during his grad school days when he typed "Homo erectus" into google images. He clicked on the first benign image and was horrified that google had pulled up stuff for "homo erections." The funny thing is this was back in the day when a person couldn't click off from a page due to an avalanche of pop ups. Every time he would close one, two or three more would pop up in its place. He was worried that his grad school adviser would walk in any moment, so he tried to turn off the lap top. That didn't work, so he tore the power cord from the back. That didn't work because of the battery, so he tore that out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 05:20 PM
(24-04-2013 05:15 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Today, my biological anthropology professor was giving us a lesson on early human species. He said that he had had a rather shocking moment during his grad school days when he typed "Homo erectus" into google images. He clicked on the first benign image and was horrified that google had pulled up stuff for "homo erections." The funny thing is this was back in the day when a person couldn't click off from a page due to an avalanche of pop ups. Every time he would close one, two or three more would pop up in its place. He was worried that his grad school adviser would walk in any moment, so he tried to turn off the lap top. That didn't work, so he tore the power cord from the back. That didn't work because of the battery, so he tore that out.

Oh my god. lol I'm so grateful for the chrome ad blocker.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
24-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a great professor! Certainly seems that he has listened to the arguments and wants to set the stage right from the start that he is teaching science and not myth.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF