Evolution - what's next?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Evolution - what's next?
(02-05-2014 10:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 09:29 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Nah, They'll extend life expectancy over infinity years.

Well, if they do that and still reproduce, they better find some liveable planets first...

No need for habitable planets. If you just run on electricity or something else, you can survive anywhere without any terraforming.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 10:51 AM
What will change? Our presence on this planet. I predict extinction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm assuming that eventually the human species will evolve to look exactly like me.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
02-05-2014, 11:14 AM
(02-05-2014 11:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm assuming that eventually the human species will evolve to look exactly like me.
Like your avatar or just like you?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
02-05-2014, 12:00 PM
I often find myself wondering about that.

However, I fear my imagination is extremely poor for it. Evolution is highly unpredictable and especially with the merging of the different races this last century, the possible outcomes are endless.

I can only think: less hair, less fat, more brain, more variety in colors/shapes. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking (along with the hope that us whites will get enough Asian and African genes to become better athletes, dancers and singers Tongue )

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
02-05-2014, 04:04 PM
(02-05-2014 10:21 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, if they do that and still reproduce, they better find some liveable planets first...

No need for habitable planets. If you just run on electricity or something else, you can survive anywhere without any terraforming.

Boy, that makes it sound like we won't have bodies that have the same senses anymore. I want to feel the sand between my toes, smell fragrances of flowers etc.

I think I am with the ghostexorcist - I think we will go extinct. I think we will destroy the planet before we gain independence from it, whatever that would look like.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-05-2014, 04:11 PM
(02-05-2014 04:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think I am with the ghostexorcist - I think we will go extinct. I think we will destroy the planet before we gain independence from it, whatever that would look like.

ITA we will destroy most of what we have, but I think some will survive. And those that do, will change into tall, lean, and deaf ......long limbs

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-05-2014, 04:14 PM
(02-05-2014 09:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  So what do you think will have changed about humans in - let's say, 1000 years?

Not that far ahead in the scope of things, but probably enough generations to show some notable changes....

In a thousand years?

We wont have wisdom teeth any more.We are already losing them quite quick.
I am hoping our tonsils and appendixes will have gone the same way by then.

As bugs become stronger due to antibiotics, I expect that once they fail, our immune systems will go 'overdrive' through resistance selection of the survivors. Or we'll go extinct in a number of years.

We will have larger, superior brains and hopefully our limbic systems will have decreased significantly in relation to a far increased pre-frontal cortex.

Our relative muscle mass will decrease as it is no longer necessary to be as powerful as humans can be as technology will continually reduce the amount of strength an average human requires.

Our hands will continue to grow in dexterity.

We'll probably get taller too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Humans will be bio-machines.
DNA will be manipulated to stop aging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Pure fantasy or speculation?

In 1000 years time there will be no noticeable changes due to biological evolution without human (or alien, I suppose) intervention. It might be a bit hopeful, but you never really know, and it's difficult to make accurate predictions over what will happen in 100 years, so 1000 year predictions will almost be way off, save a statistical anomaly. That won't stop me though.

In the year 3014 we have implanted ourselves with biomechanical upgrades, altered our genes severely to adapt ourselves for alternate environments in conjunction with changing environments to suit our needs. We inhabit many planetary bodies throughout the solar system and future historians are amazed at my predictive powers and speculate whether or not I could see the future.