Evolution with God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Evolution with God?
(04-02-2013 02:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, where did Astrid get her morals? You don't have any of your own, you adopt hers and follow her because of her personality or writing style or the way she teases your mind, so now we know where you get your morals. Where do you think she gets hers? Or do you even care?

And who approves of rape and torture of animals? WTF are you even talking about? Or do you even know?
I would adopt the morality of god (of the bible), but I don't think I have the stomach to kill that many innocent babies and animals or to condone the rape of other people. But I suppose his morality is superior... Consider
He obviously doesn't even remember the vileness he spewed like two pages ago. Pathetic.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM

(04-02-2013 02:08 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Egor, you've insulted me and offended my honor.

Drinking Beverage You don't say.

Quote:Aside from being an arrogant prick, you've also accused me of cutting and pasting my posts from elsewhere. Sorry, I don't do that. Every word there was written by me. These fingers, this keyboard, and all of it was written to you for your betterment as a human being. The only thing where I even approached paraphrasing someone else's words was the second sentence where I reworded a joke from Tim Minchin.

I'm going to do something I've never done on this forum before: copy/paste. But it's my post I'm copying. I suggest you pull your fat head out of your puckered up little asshole and give it a read, mkay?

I already read it, Phallus, or Fade-r-Us..., whatever. It's still drivel. It still doesn't address the point I was making. And it doesn't matter, because I can't even remember the point at this point.
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Time to go jogging. Hasta.
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Good, so I get to call you an idiot now without waiting for you to say something stupid first? Great! That'll save me about three seconds a day.

Also, there are like, page buttons down at the bottom duuuude. Woah. You can like, click a button and it's like going back in time. Woah, duuuuuude. Page 9, for the record.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
04-02-2013, 02:42 PM
(04-02-2013 04:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  Im so sick of atheist tards calling me stupid. Its drivel because its a cut and paste that is not to the point i was making before it. "Scientific- sounding" fools the wannabe educated like you but not this theist. Good luck in your first science class.

Then do some fucking research on evolution and stop spouting completely ignorant and comments with false information. You sit here and pretend you know what your talking about when you don't. The only reason for anyone to have the same stance as you is that they are completely ignorant of the science. Yes we say use the words ignorant and stupid a lot, it's because they describe you perfectly.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
(04-02-2013 02:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 08:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorry, just saw this.

Absolutely, I do.

The reason is because he's granted me faith to believe in Him. Faith is a gift from God only given to His elect. This is why we can believe.

Faith fills the gaps of empirical evidence which leads to belief.

I disagree. If we have no choice or freewill capability to believe or not believe then God is utterly irrelevant to human beings--and Christ becomes a big joke.

You need a new religion, my friend. It's time to grow a set of balls and give up your comfort here in TTA. It's starting to look like sin, don't you think?

It's time for him to grow some balls and give up the delusion and face reality. You, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
(04-02-2013 02:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 08:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorry, just saw this.

Absolutely, I do.

The reason is because he's granted me faith to believe in Him. Faith is a gift from God only given to His elect. This is why we can believe.

Faith fills the gaps of empirical evidence which leads to belief.

I disagree. If we have no choice or freewill capability to believe or not believe then God is utterly irrelevant to human beings--and Christ becomes a big joke.

You need a new religion, my friend. It's time to grow a set of balls and give up your comfort here in TTA. It's starting to look like sin, don't you think?
1) No. Christ is relevant because He is the conduit in which we can receive faith. The Bible also clearly states that faith is a gift from God. We do not have the ability to act upon God because of His omnipotence. God has to act upon us. If we can act upon Him, He is no longer omnipotent. When He does act upon us He gives us faith. This is known as a "regeneration".

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Rom 12:3
3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

When we understand faith, we can understand why the ones who do not possess faith can't understand. God isn't reachable without faith; thus, cannot be reached through empirical evidence or is displayed through empirical evidence.

Jesus explains this in John 8:47 -“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

Those that aren't of God can't understand God and do not have faith which is a gift from God.

2) No sure what you mean. Why am I untrue to my religion? Why is being on TTA a sin?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Egor, remember when you said the following to Leela?

(29-11-2012 02:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  Fuck you. You're not smart. You can't even spell simple words.

Let's see...

(04-02-2013 04:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah then he can cut an paste pointless drivel for you too
*and

(04-02-2013 04:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  So youre mad at the God you dont believe in because of all the evil in the world--or at least what you have determined to be evil from the chaotic mutation of flesh you have evolved into. If there is no God by what mechanism do you determine what is good or bad?
*you're
*don't

(04-02-2013 04:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  Im so sick of atheist tards calling me stupid. Its drivel because its a cut and paste that is not to the point i was making before it. "Scientific- sounding" fools the wannabe educated like you but not this theist. Good luck in your first science class.
*I'm
*It's
*I

Well done. [Image: eusa_slow_clap.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
(04-02-2013 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's time for him to grow some balls and give up the delusion and face reality. You, too.
Ah, but Chas, it's much more pleasant to know believe tell yourself that you are chosen, special, better than the rest of the world and that - through no effort or merit of yours, but just 'cause. Who doesn't like winning the lottery.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
(04-02-2013 02:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  I disagree. If we have no choice or freewill capability to believe or not believe then God is utterly irrelevant to human beings--and Christ becomes a big joke.

1) No. Christ is relevant because He is the conduit in which we can receive faith. The Bible also clearly states that faith is a gift from God. We do not have the ability to act upon God because of His omnipotence. God has to act upon us. If we can act upon Him, He is no longer omnipotent. When He does act upon us He gives us faith. This is known as a "regeneration".

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Rom 12:3
3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

When we understand faith, we can understand why the ones who do not possess faith can't understand. God isn't reachable without faith; thus, cannot be reached through empirical evidence or is displayed through empirical evidence.

Jesus explains this in John 8:47 -“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

Those that aren't of God can't understand God and do not have faith which is a gift from God.

2) No sure what you mean. Why am I untrue to my religion? Why is being on TTA a sin?

Well..

How long until you are marching on each others churches? You know, like the good, ol' days of religion.

I think KC has the number advantage here, gotta be alot more Calvins than Verdidicehn... (however you say it)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.