Evolution with God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: Evolution with God?
(05-02-2013 10:33 AM)Egor Wrote:  Again, what's up? Paul is saying right there that everyone has been given some measure of faith.

(05-02-2013 10:33 AM)Egor Wrote:  everyone believes in God. Even, and especially, the atheists in this forum. If you don't get that, you don't get human psychology at all. In time, and in my forum, I will prove this.

Woah, wait a minute. Everyone? I haven't.

I'll say it again, and again, and again. I want faith, or knowledge, or spiritual awakening. Whatever it is that you guys have, I want it - but only if it's true. If there is a god, Jesus, heaven, and hell, then I absolutely want to know it, believe it, have faith in it. I want to exist forever in happy heavenly bliss and I absolutely don't want to burn in hell forever. So if any bit of your faith is true, I absolutely want it and I expressly accept it and I definitely do not reject it.

So why is God, Jesus, the holy spirit, or my own internal soul, all unable to inspire me even the slightest? If they're real, then this lack of inspiration is their fault, not mine. I'm more than willing, but they're less than able.

(05-02-2013 10:33 AM)Egor Wrote:  The term "whosoever" implies anyone who read the Gospel and is willing to come into the light. If we do not have the free will to do that, then there is no point in Jesus Christ.

Wow, you finally got something right.

We don't have free will to decide what to believe. Belief is separate from will, from choice. Either you do, or you don't. If you don't, you can look for additional reasons to believe. If you find them, you might begin to believe, or those reasons might not be enough and you still won't believe. But it's never a choice.

Oddly, God seems to be hiding. He gave us a bunch of holy books for all kinds of religions, every religion on the planet has holy writings and holy teachings. God seems to have created false evidence to hide behind, like a mountain of evolutionary evidence and cosmological evidence and other sciences as well, even simple philosophy, all of which convinces us that god doesn't exist.

If we disregard our rational mind (which supposedly God gave us, another dodge to help him hide from us?) and continue seeking faith without reason, we still have to select one religion from thousands of possibilities. That's pretty long odds against us ending up with the right answers.

Even if we find that needle in the haystack, it still might not convince us enough to believe.

All of which says, you're right. We don't have enough freewill to do that and there is no point in Jesus Christ.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-02-2013, 11:50 AM
(05-02-2013 10:33 AM)Egor Wrote:  What is God, K.C.?

God is the God of the Bible. Not sure what you're asking.

Quote:The "grace" is a gift of God. That's what grace means, an unwarranted gift.

And that is given through faith... something not everyone has.

Quote:Again, what's up? Paul is saying right there that everyone has been given some measure of faith.

Paul is talking to believers. I think you're confused as to what I'm saying. These verses show that God gives faith to His believers... believers only.

Quote:K.C., everyone believes in God. Even, and especially, the atheists in this forum. If you don't get that, you don't get human psychology at all. In time, and in my forum, I will prove this.

That is simply not true. I understand human psychology. And, what you're saying is quasi-correct based on semantics... since gnosticism isn't obtainable. In the same vein, the opposite can be true... using the same logic, you could say everyone doesn't believe in God.

Quote:The passage you are referring to is correctly rendered in VGJC 38:1-24. Jesus is talking to the religious leaders, not to people in general. In order to understand that passage you have to meditate on what a "religious leader" represents in the context of the Gospel.

Yes, He's talking to religious leaders, but He's also referring to those that aren't of God. It's pretty plain. Only those that are of God can understand God. The religious leaders weren't of God... just like the unsaved aren't of God.

Quote:This predestination idea you have is inaccurate. It's really just another form of atheism. In your view, you believe God exists, but you make God irrelevant. Human beings become exactly what atheists consider them to be--automatons. And you nullify the Gospel because Jesus makes it clear that anyone can become his disciple if they will believe. Of course you know this verse:

You don't understand predestination then. God is completely relevant because in order for us to exist, we need God. If we aren't controlled by God, then God is irrelevant... He's not all powerful. He is subjected to us and our whims. He's basically becomes a human with super powers.

Quote:“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
“God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but rather to save the world through Him." (VGJC 9:12-13)

The term "whosoever" implies anyone who read the Gospel and is willing to come into the light. If we do not have the free will to do that, then there is no point in Jesus Christ.

Nope, nope, and nope. The Greek says NOTHING about "anyone" in an all inclusive sense. In fact, the word that is used is an inclusive "all". Why didn't Jesus use the word that meant an all inclusive "all" if He meant that? Because He wasn't talking about everyone. He was talking to another believer, and the "all" that was used was in reference to a certain group... the elect. The "whosoever" needs to be eliminated from the English translations because it is grossly incorrect per the Greek.

Quote:So, how do they get faith?

Like I said, they are given faith by God. That is the only way to get faith.

Quote:Because you are deriving the fulfilment of your belonging needs from them. They give you your social status. That's why you capitulate to them.

You misunderstand me, then. I'm here because I like the community. Religion or lack there of has nothing to do with it.

Quote:That's why you mock religion in your signature gif, so that you can be accepted by them. And I realize it's Benny Hinn, but you're displaying it as if you are spitting on the very concept of religion just as they do.

No. I mock religion that is detrimental to the perception of Christianity. It has nothing to do with being accepted. The WoFers are a terrible, terrible disease within Christianity that needs to be cured.

Quote:Your walk with God is looking unsteady--and your philosophy excuses them. That's as plain as I can put it and as much as I can see from the plank that is in my own eye. I'm not judging you--I'm just trying to warn you. In the good fight, you look like this guy--exactly like this guy

And, again, I think you don't fully understand me. I haven't said anything about Veridicanism because of my respect for you, but I do hold it in contempt because I think it's a corruption of Christianity. Doesn't mean I don't support you and your Veridicanism movement. You don't manipulate Biblical scripture to fit your beliefs but you openly admit to rewriting it to fit your beliefs. People wanting to join Veridicanism will be fully aware of this, and it won't be under any guise.

You are right, though. My belief does excuse them. Which I'm okay with. I can't judge anyone. That is for God to do. Likewise, someone's salvation isn't on my hands because I can't save them... that is only up to God; therefore, I have no reason to not socialize with anyone and everyone.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
06-02-2013, 12:30 AM

(05-02-2013 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You are right, though. My belief does excuse them. Which I'm okay with. I can't judge anyone. That is for God to do. Likewise, someone's salvation isn't on my hands because I can't save them... that is only up to God; therefore, I have no reason to not socialize with anyone and everyone.

Tell that line of BS to someone who doesn't have the Holy Spirit on their side--because I'm not buying it. You belong here in this forum. You are as lost as they are. That's why they love you. They are the German soldier walking past you on the steps.

Either that or you're a Poe. Which I think is probably the case--because I feel nothing but hatred when I think you are legit. And either way, it doesn't matter to me. Since starting my ministry, the Lord has led me away from various previous ties. You're the latest one. You belong in this stinking rotten hell of a forum. You belong here performing like a carnival freak for the atheists.

[Image: 8RVIi.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 12:36 AM
KC isn't lost, ye have little faith in his superior GPS!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
If you're severing ties, does that mean you're leaving? Or are you going to stay here out of some prideful attempt to show that you've won? On the internet? Because if sideshow freaks is your metaphor, then KC is the bearded woman, but you're the lopsided freak with five chins and three arms. We're disgusted, but oddly entertained. The more righteous and pretentious you are, the more amusing and disgusting you become. There is literally no way you're getting out of this with dignity, and staying would be worse.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
06-02-2013, 12:41 AM

(06-02-2013 12:37 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  If you're severing ties, does that mean you're leaving? Or are you going to stay here out of some prideful attempt to show that you've won? On the internet? Because if sideshow freaks is your metaphor, then KC is the bearded woman, but you're the lopsided freak with five chins and three arms. We're disgusted, but oddly entertained. The more righteous and pretentious you are, the more amusing and disgusting you become. There is literally no way you're getting out of this with dignity, and staying would be worse.

You don't get it. You don't know what I've been up to or why? I can't believe how freakin thick you are. Atheist.
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Yes, you're self-promoting. Which means you're a liar and douchebag, in addition to being disgusting and crazy. Also advertising is usually treated as spam on most forums.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
06-02-2013, 12:43 AM
(06-02-2013 12:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You are right, though. My belief does excuse them. Which I'm okay with. I can't judge anyone. That is for God to do. Likewise, someone's salvation isn't on my hands because I can't save them... that is only up to God; therefore, I have no reason to not socialize with anyone and everyone.

Tell that line of BS to someone who doesn't have the Holy Spirit on their side--because I'm not buying it. You belong here in this forum. You are as lost as they are. That's why they love you. They are the German soldier walking past you on the steps.

Either that or you're a Poe. And either way, it doesn't matter to me.

This would be a lot funnier, if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic. Egor is trying to have an imaginary dick measuring contest with King, and King isn't having anything to do with it. Tongue

King is confident in his faith, and he treats the rest of us with respect. Many of us don't agree with him or his beliefs (but I do believe that he does believe), but I respect him personally because he has proven his character time and again. He is a welcomed guest here.

Egor, not so much. Between the prosthelytizing and douchebaggery, he has worn out any good will or benefit of the doubt long ago. Now he's attempting to pick a fight over his preferred interpretation of his imaginary best friend? Like I said, this would be funnier, if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic.

I'm pretty sure my imaginary best friend Phil could beat your God at arm wrestling while winning a dance competition with your Holy Spirit. But that idea alone is enough to amuse me, I don't feel the need to go around proving that Phil exists or getting into fights with others over Phil's inherent properties. Phil and I are perfectly fine, regardless of what others think of Phil...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-02-2013, 12:44 AM
(06-02-2013 12:37 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  If you're severing ties, does that mean you're leaving? Or are you going to stay here out of some prideful attempt to show that you've won? On the internet? Because if sideshow freaks is your metaphor, then KC is the bearded woman, but you're the lopsided freak with five chins and three arms. We're disgusted, but oddly entertained. The more righteous and pretentious you are, the more amusing and disgusting you become. There is literally no way you're getting out of this with dignity, and staying would be worse.
I choked on my food because I laughed so hard. Thanks. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-02-2013, 12:46 AM
(06-02-2013 12:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 12:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  Tell that line of BS to someone who doesn't have the Holy Spirit on their side--because I'm not buying it. You belong here in this forum. You are as lost as they are. That's why they love you. They are the German soldier walking past you on the steps.

Either that or you're a Poe. And either way, it doesn't matter to me.

This would be a lot funnier, if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic. Egor is trying to have an imaginary dick measuring contest with King, and King isn't having anything to do with it. Tongue

King is confident in his faith, and he treats the rest of us with respect. Many of us don't agree with him or his beliefs (but I do believe that he does believe), but I respect him personally because he has proven his character time and again. He is a welcomed guest here.

Egor, not so much. Between the prosthelytizing and douchebaggery, he has worn out any good will or benefit of the doubt long ago. Now he's attempting to pick a fight over his preferred interpretation of his imaginary best friend? Like I said, this would be funnier, if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic.

I'm pretty sure my imaginary best friend Phil could beat your God at arm wrestling while winning a dance competition with your Holy Spirit. But that idea alone is enough to amuse me, I don't feel the need to go around proving that Phil exists or getting into fights with others over Phil's inherent properties. Phil and I are perfectly fine, regardless of what others think of Phil...
....but how well can Phil do the limbo?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post