Evolution with God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: Evolution with God?
(02-02-2013 04:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 03:39 PM)kim Wrote:  DITTO!! I like that the transcript is there, too - this is a keeper! Thumbsup
Oddly enough it should be obvious that all forms of christian science/intelligent design science/ etc... base their entire case on the argument from ignorance fallacy.

The part I find to be completely ironic is that their arguments, help science by giving people questions to answer. Once their claims get refuted they look else where.

I have to say thank you to those misguided individuals for helping me educate my self in order to refute their nonsense.

So true. The irony of the intelligent design 'movement' is that it strengthens the real scientists (evolutionists) arguments. The longer this goes on, the more they will grasp as straws and use straw men in debates, and the more people will realize creationists are full of shit. <--(Double straw unintended Tongue)

(02-02-2013 04:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 12:07 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  That alone goes to show that your completely fucked in the head. You'd rather people rape and torture animals with a belief in jesus christ than be upstanding citizens that lack belief.

No, I'd rather people did not do those crimes and went on to put their faith in Christ.
(02-02-2013 04:27 AM)Egor Wrote:  You may think you're holy because you're not out raping children or torturing animals, but you'd be better off to do that and believe in Christ, than to be Mother Teresa and Ghandi all rolled into one and reject him.

Has anyone ever told you how twisted that brain of yours is? What does believing in an imaginary savior do for anyone besides make them feel warm and fuzzy inside? It might be better to rape someone than to be just like mother Teresa, I'll give you that much.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM

(02-02-2013 05:09 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Well until you provide evidence for his existence Egor it can only be assumed that he is a product of your mind and nothing more.

Coward. You made a declarative statement that God was imaginary. I asked how you know? Now you're backing down. Typical atheist.

Quote:To believe otherwise would be silly.

You said you knew something to be a fact. Now you back down. You're the only one looking silly. Typical "loser" atheist.

Quote:Avoidance. You just said on the previous page it would be better for them to do them [that] and believe than live nicely and not believe. Obviously you would rather we believe and not do that shit, but assuming that is not an option, you would pick the first, assuming you still stick to what you said.

Or are you going to backpedal?

Nope. It is a worse sin to reject Christ than to be a rapist and/or murderer. You can be forgiven for those crimes by God, but you will not be forgiven for rejecting Christ. You do not go to hell for bad deeds, and you do not go to heaven for good deeds. You go to one or the other based on whether you choose to do the will of God and become Christ or choose to fail God and reject Christ.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 10:21 PM
(03-02-2013 10:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  Nope. It is a worse sin to reject Christ than to be a rapist and/or murderer. You can be forgiven for those crimes by God, but you will not be forgiven for rejecting Christ. You do not go to hell for bad deeds, and you do not go to heaven for good deeds. You go to one or the other based on whether you choose to do the will of God and become Christ or choose to fail God and reject Christ.
But...what if I decide to be reincarnated as a monkey and screw a cat?

Does my soul die? Does the Cat like it? Does the Monkey (me) like it?

[Image: Monkeys-Humping-Cats.jpg]
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
fuuuuuuck Juls... what the holy livin' shit? Shocking

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-02-2013 10:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 05:09 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Well until you provide evidence for his existence Egor it can only be assumed that he is a product of your mind and nothing more.

Coward. You made a declarative statement that God was imaginary. I asked how you know? Now you're backing down. Typical atheist.

Quote:To believe otherwise would be silly.

You said you knew something to be a fact. Now you back down. You're the only one looking silly. Typical "loser" atheist.

Quote:Avoidance. You just said on the previous page it would be better for them to do them [that] and believe than live nicely and not believe. Obviously you would rather we believe and not do that shit, but assuming that is not an option, you would pick the first, assuming you still stick to what you said.

Or are you going to backpedal?

Nope. It is a worse sin to reject Christ than to be a rapist and/or murderer. You can be forgiven for those crimes by God, but you will not be forgiven for rejecting Christ. You do not go to hell for bad deeds, and you do not go to heaven for good deeds. You go to one or the other based on whether you choose to do the will of God and become Christ or choose to fail God and reject Christ.

How convenient Egor. The faithful can be forgiven any sin, but unbelief is unforgivable. That you don't see, in fact can't see, the fucking obviousness of this idea both astounds me and speaks to the lowly depths of your intellect (or to the equal level of your indoctrination).

That prohibition is not a declaration of reality Egor, it is a sales pitch; and you've bought it hook, line, and sinker.

That system speaks nothing of moral accountability, it is a moral reprehensible concept. Then again your God doesn't seem to like the concept of moral accountability, if original sin (by entrapment) is any indication.

Egor, your faith is like masturbation. It might make you feel good, but it isn't doing anything for anybody else (just like prayer). But your mental masturbation does nothing to convince me of the validity of your iron age mythology.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-02-2013, 12:33 AM

(02-02-2013 06:10 PM)Vera Wrote:  Oh how Xtian - money is the answer to everything. It may not buy you love, but it sure as hell can get you forgiveness. Indulgences anyone? Wanna buy some indulgences? You pay for two and get the third one for free. Anyone?

If interested, send me a PM and we'll work the details out.

Money matters: If you have it and you believe in something, then you should give to that cause. Otherwise you have nothing to say. Where your treasure is, there your heart is as well. If you're so broke you can't spare a dollar to support your cause, how can you get on the internet to begin with?

Stop being so cheap.

As for Christians, anyone who won't give to support the spread of the Gospel is going to find themselves severely waited down by that five-dollar bill they're clinging so desperately to. I don't think people should give 10% of their income to the church, but everyone should regularly support their cause with what they can easily afford. Why? Because money shouldn't matter that much to them.

So you see, by not giving, you are the one most concerned about money. Yes
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM

(02-02-2013 06:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Egsy, ya gotta get some products, and product endorsements, or yer chuch will be a flop.

If it flops, that's God's decision. But there will be products eventually. Books, a seminary, t-shirts, coffee cups, whatever, and they will all be sold in the bookstore. And if one day I am filthy rich, do you know what that will mean? It will mean Veridicanism and the spread of the true Gospel of Christ has reached an awful lot of people.

But you don't have to worry about that--cuz youz an atheist, huh?. You're a lost cause, a reeeeeal Munson. You are headed straight for hell and you don't even care. God has shown you everything all your life and you've spit right in his face, isn't that so? Dodgy
04-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Egor,

You still showed no respect for me....the Buddhist who came back as a monkey and screwed a cat.

I demand that your Jesus pass judgement on me!

Julius
04-02-2013, 12:52 AM
(04-02-2013 12:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  But you don't have to worry about that--cuz youz an atheist, huh?. You're a lost cause, a reeeeeal Munson. You are headed straight for hell and you don't even care. God has shown you everything all your life and you've spit right in his face, isn't that so? Dodgy

I'll tell you the secret, Egor, but you have to promise to not tell anybody else, 'kay?

Your hell will never frighten or impress or affect anybody.

We will be dead, no neurological activity: no capacity for pain, nor sense or touch, nor sight nor smell. It will simply never affect anybody once they die.

Here's another secret.

The concept of Hell amuses me. And I suspect it amuses almost everybody else here too, but that's a secret, so don't go telling everybody!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
04-02-2013, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:56 AM by Adenosis.)
(04-02-2013 12:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  If it flops, that's God's decision.

God inspired you to create another christian denomination (because we certainly need more of them) just to have it fail? Well, god does work in mysterious ways Wink

(04-02-2013 12:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  But there will be products eventually. Books, a seminary, t-shirts, coffee cups, whatever, and they will all be sold in the bookstore. And if one day I am filthy rich, do you know what that will mean? It will mean Veridicanism and the spread of the true Gospel of Christ has reached an awful lot of people It means that my get rich quick plan by taking advantage of the ignorant has come to fruition.

Fixed.

(04-02-2013 12:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  You are headed straight for hell and you don't even care.

Tell me, how much do you fear Allahs wrath when you die?

(04-02-2013 12:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  God has shown you everything all your life and you've spit right in his face, isn't that so? Dodgy

There isn't a single piece of evidence in support of the god hypothesis, so god has shown us nothing. If he really wanted us to be christians he would give us a sign. But no, he's going to let us stay ignorant and go to hell? Brilliant plan for god.

The idea of hell is so childish.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post