Evolution with God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Evolution with God?
(04-02-2013 05:48 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 04:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  How does a human become "decent"? How do you determine what is decent? Did you evolve into being so incredibly decent?
I take my cue from th books of Astrid Lindgren. Much much better written than that bible-drivel. Also more interesting and with infinitely better morals. At least she doesn't approve of rape and the torture of animals.
To be fair he never said that he approved of it, just that it wasn't quite as bad as not believing in his god.

Not sure why it's our fault that no one has given us a good enough reason to actually believe, since we have no choice in the matter of what we do or do not believe, but there you go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 06:09 AM
(04-02-2013 06:05 AM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  To be fair he never said that he approved of it.
Neither did I claim Egor approves of it. His god, on the other hand...

And there is nothing fair about Xtianity or Egor.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
04-02-2013, 06:19 AM
(04-02-2013 06:09 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 06:05 AM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  To be fair he never said that he approved of it.
Neither did I claim Egor approves of it. His god, on the other hand...

And there is nothing fair about Xtianity or Egor.
Wasn't Yahweh more interested in having animals killed rather than tortured?

Pedantry is my only skill Big Grin
04-02-2013, 06:21 AM
(04-02-2013 06:19 AM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Pedantry is my only skill
Then you should work harder on it. Or improve your post-reading skillz Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
04-02-2013, 06:27 AM
(04-02-2013 01:20 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's the continuum that is the problem. If an ape gave birth to a modern human, that would at least allow for the improvements. The problem with gradual evolutionary change is you have a kidney developing over--forever--until one day it becomes functional as a kidney. Before then, it was just useless mutations for no reason at all. I don't accept those odds.

Your incredulity does not invalidate evolution. Sorry. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2013, 06:39 AM
(04-02-2013 04:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  Im so sick of atheist tards calling me stupid. Its drivel because its a cut and paste that is not to the point i was making before it. "Scientific- sounding" fools the wannabe educated like you but not this theist. Good luck in your first science class.

[Image: diagnostic-house-meme-generator-stupid-i...2f0be0.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-02-2013, 08:48 AM
(02-02-2013 01:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  K.C., let me ask you a straight up question, because after all this time I really can't tell: Do you believe God exists?

Sorry, just saw this.

Absolutely, I do.

The reason is because he's granted me faith to believe in Him. Faith is a gift from God only given to His elect. This is why we can believe.

Faith fills the gaps of empirical evidence which leads to belief.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
(04-02-2013 08:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 01:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  K.C., let me ask you a straight up question, because after all this time I really can't tell: Do you believe God exists?

Sorry, just saw this.

Absolutely, I do.

The reason is because he's granted me faith to believe in Him. Faith is a gift from God only given to His elect. This is why we can believe.

Faith fills the gaps of empirical evidence which leads to belief.

Faith fills the gap with nonsense.

Why do you feel the gaps need to be filled? What is it about "I don't know" that scares you?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
(04-02-2013 04:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah then he can cut an paste pointless drivel for you too
Someone who believes in the bible criticizing someone for cut and paste is incredibly amusing. How was Eve made again?

Your site must not be going very well Ego® if you feel the need to come back and hijack a thread here. I like how he still managed to find gaps in a spectrum to fit his "god" into. I still have no idea what his "god" is. Is it still some consciousness in the universe or does it have physical form now?

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 10:11 AM by Adenosis.)
(04-02-2013 01:20 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's the continuum that is the problem. If an ape gave birth to a modern human, that would at least allow for the improvements. The problem with gradual evolutionary change is you have a kidney developing over--forever--until one day it becomes functional as a kidney. Before then, it was just useless mutations for no reason at all. I don't accept those odds.

Seriously Egor, do some honest research into evolution, because you just proved yet again that you have absolutely no idea how it works. If you want to convince people there is a god, and that he wants veradicism to be his church, you should probably lose the blatant ignorance for science. The kidney didn't evolve up to a point and THEN become useful, the stages of the kidney prior to how it is now were useful. Your trying to imply that the kidney is irriducibly complex and is completely useless without being exactly as it is now, which is just flat wrong. That is not how things evolve.

Evolution by natural selection results in gradual changes that increase survivability. Useless mutations can occur but that they would naturally continue to occur and result in the formation of a useless organ is pretty much impossible.

Organs that have no function will not develop because individuals of the species that have mutations that inhibit the development of that organ will be on even footing with the ones that have genes for developing the organ, so the organ would not be formed. Totally pointless organs could theoretically be caused to appear through artificial selection but that is not how natural selection works. This is not to say that an organism could not have a useless organ at one point in time, but it would probably require that organ, and it's past variations, to have had a purpose in the past.

Please do some research into evolution and natural selection, it is painful to read the stupid things you spout, and you even think your clever. I'm guessing this is why the indoctrination stuck so well, because you got no scientific education. I also recommend this page http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/behe.html

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious