Evolutionary Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Evolutionary Creationism
I've finally found a name to what I believe as far as evolution/creationism goes.

Evolutionary Creationism is a form of Theistic Evolution. I didn't know my belief had an actual name until just recently. Where EC differs from TE is the fact that ECs believe that God had an active role in evolution. TEs believe that God created evolution and that the end results were because of that created evolution. ECs say that God planned every minute branch of evolution down to the littlest detail.

The other difference is that ECs don't read science into Genesis. TEs place science into the creation account in Genesis while ECs views the Genesis creation account as ancient cosmology and exalted language. ECs believe that the creation account bares no scientific reasoning, but it served as painted picture for the early believers so that they could grasp and understand God and His plan.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2011, 12:39 AM
RE: Evolutionary Creationism
So it's worse, you're saying? Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-12-2011, 12:41 AM
(24-12-2011 12:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So it's worse, you're saying? Wink

I had thought we were making progress with the kid, Doc HoC, but I think your absence has been effecting the boy. Maybe you can take him fishing or something.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 12:52 AM

You have me crying over here...that's just hilarious...

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
24-12-2011, 01:23 AM

I've missed you Doc Hoc.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 01:31 AM
so god didnt create anything in the beginning that was any good, 99% of the creatures that walked the earth had to die the rest had evolve to fit the hostile world god created for them? That sounds very cruel.
24-12-2011, 01:36 AM
(24-12-2011 01:31 AM)Kempy Wrote:  so god didnt create anything in the beginning that was any good, 99% of the creatures that walked the earth had to die the rest had evolve to fit the hostile world god created for them? That sounds very cruel.

I'll refer you to this thread.

24-12-2011, 01:37 AM
(24-12-2011 01:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 01:31 AM)Kempy Wrote:  so god didnt create anything in the beginning that was any good, 99% of the creatures that walked the earth had to die the rest had evolve to fit the hostile world god created for them? That sounds very cruel.

I'll refer you to this thread.

Just don't look into the light, Kempy, if you go in there.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 01:53 AM
It's a moral tale for me, KC. Gainful employment ended in October of 2008 for this unit with the contention of "killing creationists." Mine was a vision derivative of Richard Bachman's Rage, where I hold 8 creationists and a television crew hostage over the course of the day. I have a shotgun, no creationists survive; and infamy begins. The way my mind visualizes things, this is a four-hour blockbuster.

So why are there no dead creationists? Moral certainty. It is my moral certainty that creationism is evil - the one thing in all the world that is beyond redemption - but not the creationist.

As KC, your morality has been shown in this medium - the internet forum - and I simply assume that my sincerity (faith) is reflected in how others post. I.e. that you say what you mean, that you're not here running a game. Thus it is not your faith that I question, but rather the expression of that faith.

Science is not truth but rather convergence towards truth. As an evolutionist, I expect the course of science to show some, if not all, of my evolutionist philosophy to be in error over time. Such is the perspective of the amateur scientist. Wink

The problem as I see it lies in metaphysics, that philosophy has not paralleled science in the recent century. Thus the environmental niche into which this naive philosopher mutated.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
24-12-2011, 02:00 AM
(24-12-2011 01:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a moral tale for me, KC. Gainful employment ended in October of 2008 for this unit with the contention of "killing creationists." Mine was a vision derivative of Richard Bachman's Rage, where I hold 8 creationists and a television crew hostage over the course of the day. I have a shotgun, no creationists survive; and infamy begins. The way my mind visualizes things, this is a four-hour blockbuster.

So why are there no dead creationists? Moral certainty. It is my moral certainty that creationism is evil - the one thing in all the world that is beyond redemption - but not the creationist.

As KC, your morality has been shown in this medium - the internet forum - and I simply assume that my sincerity (faith) is reflected in how others post. I.e. that you say what you mean, that you're not here running a game. Thus it is not your faith that I question, but rather the expression of that faith.

Science is not truth but rather convergence towards truth. As an evolutionist, I expect the course of science to show some, if not all, of my evolutionist philosophy to be in error over time. Such is the perspective of the amateur scientist. Wink

The problem as I see it lies in metaphysics, that philosophy has not paralleled science in the recent century. Thus the environmental niche into which this naive philosopher mutated.

So... let me see if I understand correctly. God could not have created evolution if He was perfect because of what we know of evolution is imperfect and changing; so that fact removes his omnipotence.