Evolutionary Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2011, 02:14 AM
RE: Evolutionary Creationism
interesting thread about calvinism. But it means you follow a mad dictator who makes the rules because he said so . . . and thats it. To want that to be true is the disire to be a slave. If it is true god will be surrounded by disgusting sycophants and i would not bow to such a being. Thank goodness there is no proof of this, also adding god to evolution which already is explainable without god is totally redundant it adds nothing extra to the conversation. You might as well say it was fairies that caused evolution. . . you have just as much proof. I have a question do you want this to be true or do you actually think it is?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Kempy's post
24-12-2011, 02:35 AM
(24-12-2011 02:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... let me see if I understand correctly. God could not have created evolution if He was perfect because of what we know of evolution is imperfect and changing; so that fact removes his omnipotence.

If I am speaking to you with the world as an audience, I would declare that the addition of agency to evolution is extraneous variable; one that has not been borne out by the science. That all forms of creationism hide an agenda to teach theology as science, and that is something I find objectionable.

God is not a predictive model; god is not an observation - the beginning of the scientific method - but theory - the end of the scientific method, in those that accept god. Scripture is limited to the words and the minds of the prophets; it is my contention that if these words are stuffed back into human minds with human perspectives, a new vision emerges.

One of moral philosophy. Therefore what words remain of the prophets are indubitably shaped by agenda. What was the agenda of Moses other than to identify his people? This is consistent with both theology and archaeology; that the Israelites have come. In terms of moral philosophy from that creation, I am Pauline Israelite and you are Reformed Baptist; we are not enemies, we are lost tribe. Wink

Back to the agenda of Moses - to provide law for the Jewish people. In his time, there was no science; metaphysics was required to give law to physics as well. Today that requirement simply does not remain. The scientific method has allowed physics to stand on its own. Biology, as such, can be seen as a branch of physics; if mathematics is not seen as the queen of the sciences, then it is her regent physics which rules.

Between me and you, I got the LC; and 2008 is when I began working as a prophet - you know, rather than a real job. Big Grin The relevance to me is that the LC is the LC - but never did it seem to be omni-anything. It is the LC that gives me my certainty; what my Gwynnies gives me is compassion and understanding. That if yours is a faith LC in scope, then it must be correct. Incorrect expression of faith is always a concern and reason for vigilance.

To summarize; what I distrust of theistic evolution in all its forms is the limitation of the theist. Once I considered that science needed limits in terms of the morality of the scientist; and that the LC appeared to me for just this purpose. I did the only thing I could think to do - experiments in morality - and have become convinced that the only god the scientist needs - and thus the human - is love.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Nah, I get you Doc. I see what you're saying.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 09:38 AM
(24-12-2011 02:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If I am speaking to you with the world as an audience, I would declare that the addition of agency to evolution is extraneous variable; one that has not been borne out by the science. That all forms of creationism hide an agenda to teach theology as science, and that is something I find objectionable.

Have you ever considered doing this type of speaking more and doing the "between me and you" thing a little less? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 10:58 AM
(24-12-2011 12:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've finally found a name to what I believe as far as evolution/creationism goes.

Evolutionary Creationism is a form of Theistic Evolution. I didn't know my belief had an actual name until just recently. Where EC differs from TE is the fact that ECs believe that God had an active role in evolution. TEs believe that God created evolution and that the end results were because of that created evolution. ECs say that God planned every minute branch of evolution down to the littlest detail.

The other difference is that ECs don't read science into Genesis. TEs place science into the creation account in Genesis while ECs views the Genesis creation account as ancient cosmology and exalted language. ECs believe that the creation account bares no scientific reasoning, but it served as painted picture for the early believers so that they could grasp and understand God and His plan.

Just another retreat by religion in the face of evidence; just another poor excuse for science wrapped in fantasy. The contingencies of 3+ billion years of evolution preclude a plan.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-12-2011, 11:13 AM
So what you are saying is you believe in Evolution but God was the one who initiated it.

I really don't see the point of religious people trying interpret evolution. You can't put an extra factor without any evidence. Evolution isn't something you choose to believe it or not. It's a fact. A factual theory. With evidence. *sigh*
Don't put excuses in your head. If you think evolution is true, God won't punish you for it. Evolution isn't meant to threaten your beliefs. Even the Catholic Church accept the fact.
The Bible isn't to be taken literally, only metaphoric.

Merry Winter Solstice Everyone!!!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
24-12-2011, 11:14 AM
(24-12-2011 12:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've finally found a name to what I believe as far as evolution/creationism goes.

Evolutionary Creationism is a form of Theistic Evolution. I didn't know my belief had an actual name until just recently. Where EC differs from TE is the fact that ECs believe that God had an active role in evolution. TEs believe that God created evolution and that the end results were because of that created evolution. ECs say that God planned every minute branch of evolution down to the littlest detail.

The other difference is that ECs don't read science into Genesis. TEs place science into the creation account in Genesis while ECs views the Genesis creation account as ancient cosmology and exalted language. ECs believe that the creation account bares no scientific reasoning, but it served as painted picture for the early believers so that they could grasp and understand God and His plan.

I can understand ... i think.. um... where you might be comming from KC but eh...

I just don't see why an all perfect supreme being would create the universe with his devine plan then wait around 12 billion somethin' years. Waiting for it to all play out to come down to this final moment of todays age where he can 'elect' and choose two groups. The Elect get to worship and kiss his ass for all eternity. All the non-elect get's tossed out into the trash "hell".

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
24-12-2011, 11:37 AM
(24-12-2011 11:14 AM)ddrew Wrote:  

I can understand ... i think.. um... where you might be comming from KC but eh...

I just don't see why an all perfect supreme being would create the universe with his devine plan then wait around 12 billion somethin' years. Waiting for it to all play out to come down to this final moment of todays age where he can 'elect' and choose two groups. The Elect get to worship and kiss his ass for all eternity. All the non-elect get's tossed out into the trash "hell".
LOL

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
24-12-2011, 11:52 AM
You know, I don't have a single problem with EC theorists. ID theorists wish to dumb our kids down, but at least EC theorists aren't attempting to brainwash our kids. Did a God guide evolution? I don't see any reason to believe so, but there's no evidence against it, either (at least that I am aware of).

If you wish to believe in a God who shaped evolution, more power to you Kingschosen. Just please wake up your brethren who are in denial.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
24-12-2011, 12:23 PM
(24-12-2011 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 02:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If I am speaking to you with the world as an audience, I would declare that the addition of agency to evolution is extraneous variable; one that has not been borne out by the science. That all forms of creationism hide an agenda to teach theology as science, and that is something I find objectionable.

Have you ever considered doing this type of speaking more and doing the "between me and you" thing a little less? Big Grin

Aren't you the motivational support team captain. Big Grin

Until I get back east, this is all I get with - well, life. Speaking of life, I just plugged my phone back in; as this girl I know keeps involving me in drama she should rectify her own self. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, Preach. Wink

ellenjanuary the moral paradigm? Truth don't get no stranger than this fiction. What am I now? A monkey with a typewriter. It is the consistency over time of the conceptual designs in my mind that make this insanity functional. Like how mine is the valid creationism tale; there's documentation that the only I in this identity worth a fuck was created by Gwyneth Paltrow.

That is functional insanity; even better, it is completely moral. (KC's following an ethical standard, muah-ha-ha-ha :angelSmile

There we go, back on topic. Wink

How is this moral, KC? Inquiring minds wanna know!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]