"Evolutionary Mystery of Homosexuality"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: "Evolutionary Mystery of Homosexuality"
Quote:'The Germans are coming'
and if a woman is pregnant with a baby boy her imune system attacks the developing infant because it is male - as a result of which the more boys a woman has the more likely it is for the youngest boys to be gay.

There is scientific evidence for this and a potential mechanism.

Basically there are multiple factors, genetic, early environment in the womb, very early developmental period, epigenetic, and late adult social influences.
Perhaps Christian rhetoric generalize the late adult influences to be extrapolated to all causes of being gay. Clearly removing the late adult influences would reduce gays. I think its a spectrum from people on the fringe and experimenting to people totally gay from the start.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 06:31 AM
(24-01-2014 06:07 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 06:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do you have any of those explanations? I'd enjoy reading them

give me a fiew minutes and I will scramble together youtube vids and docs and other stuff.

There was an excellent you tube video with twins - see if it can be found.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
25-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Human sexuality is not a duality. It exists over a vast range (continuum) of behaviors, under a Bell curve.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2014, 04:03 PM
There is a book on the subject entitled Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation. You can download an EPUB of it here:

http://avaxhome.cc/ebooks/Politics_Socio...37673.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Maybe the make love to everyone mentality kept everyone together. Bonobos are sexual and will do homosexual acts and they barely fight with each other. So it could have been used in one point in time to keep everyone together.Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
27-01-2014, 03:41 PM
(27-01-2014 02:56 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Maybe the make love to everyone mentality kept everyone together. Bonobos are sexual and will do homosexual acts and they barely fight with each other. So it could have been used in one point in time to keep everyone together.Consider

True; in over 30 years of Bonobo study, not one instance of a fatal altercation has been recorded.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Quote:Its solution, however, has thus far eluded our best scientific minds.

I resent the fact everyone seems to think it's something that needs to be cured.

The only logical reason I could think that one would want it cured, short of social pressure reasons which are better to be solved via social acceptance rather than culling gay people, is if gay people want kids.

BUT in saying that, there are plenty of straight people that don't want kids. Does it make more sense then to make these people gay? That way they don't have the risk of having kids by mistake.

This is all negating to even think about the side effects of changing around hormones, emotions etc... in a person.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-01-2014, 10:47 PM
(27-01-2014 09:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Its solution, however, has thus far eluded our best scientific minds.

I resent the fact everyone seems to think it's something that needs to be cured.

The only logical reason I could think that one would want it cured, short of social pressure reasons which are better to be solved via social acceptance rather than culling gay people, is if gay people want kids.

BUT in saying that, there are plenty of straight people that don't want kids. Does it make more sense then to make these people gay? That way they don't have the risk of having kids by mistake.

This is all negating to even think about the side effects of changing around hormones, emotions etc... in a person.

This just gave me an idea...
What if the gay gene survived because gay couples adopted unwanted kids?
(or something along those lines, I dunno, my Aderall wore off a few hours ago)

Atir aissom atir imon
27-01-2014, 10:50 PM
(27-01-2014 10:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I resent the fact everyone seems to think it's something that needs to be cured.

This just gave me an idea...

Do you think there is a bisexual gene ?
A trisexual (one who will try anything) gene ?
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-01-2014, 10:52 PM
(27-01-2014 10:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:47 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  This just gave me an idea...

Do you think there is a bisexual gene ?
A trisexual (one who will try anything) gene ?
Weeping

Why the hell not?
Like I said, Aderall wore off... I can't brain at the moment Confused

Atir aissom atir imon