"Evolutionary Mystery of Homosexuality"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: "Evolutionary Mystery of Homosexuality"
(07-02-2014 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 01:45 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Um this was rhetorical..
I'm fully aware that nature does not work this way and I use the word "attempt" for lack of a better word.
What part of "musings of a madman" did you not understand?

Oh, I thought it said "musings of a madam." My bad. Blush
Ahhhh. You had me seriously confused there for a moment. I was going to say "I did say musings of a madman" but you wrote "madam" and I read "madman" and I'm all fucked.
This is bloody hard! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Can anybody get a paper on thisAngry

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
14-02-2014, 12:09 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a...l_behavior

I'm not sure why this is often presented as a human phenomenon, when from what we understand, it is relatively common in other animals as well.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
14-02-2014, 06:04 PM
(14-02-2014 12:09 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a...l_behavior

I'm not sure why this is often presented as a human phenomenon, when from what we understand, it is relatively common in other animals as well.

The only reason why it is like that is because of the fact that many cultures think homosexuality is evil, and if not evil unusual. Out of the human population only a faction think homosexuality is normal. In fact said the same thing to someone on the issue and they said this "Humans are above the animals, we should act better then them. Because of that we should not follow their sexual behavior." See were im going with this

14-02-2014, 06:38 PM
No, I don't. Not sure how "above the animals" we are when we as a species still rape, murder, steal, take advantage of weaker persons, and a host of other activities that are more detrimental than controlling or obsessing over what consenting adults do in their bedrooms.

I don't know why homosexuality is such an important thing to constantly think about and bring up for the religious and conservative.

I do know this, though:
Christian girls, they love the buttsex.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
14-02-2014, 06:53 PM
(14-02-2014 06:38 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No, I don't. Not sure how "above the animals" we are when we as a species still rape, murder, steal, take advantage of weaker persons, and a host of other activities that are more detrimental than controlling or obsessing over what consenting adults do in their bedrooms.

I don't know why homosexuality is such an important thing to constantly think about and bring up for the religious and conservative.

I do know this, though:

I found it was the Catholics not the Christians...

Atir aissom atir imon
14-02-2014, 07:10 PM
(24-01-2014 05:37 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  While I do find this subject fascinating, I find that this article begins from a flawed supposition, that homosexuality is not only a purely genetic trait, but also a naturally selected genetic trait. Not all genetic traits are selected for (male nipples, right?), and certainly not all traits are genetic. I would suggest you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and...rientation
to get a more broad view on the potential causes of homesexuality.

Personally, I've long suspected that the hormonal environment in the womb could play a large role in sexual development, and it may very well work in combination with certain genes. Specific genes that code for one thing or another could increase an individual's susceptability to be born homosexual. Clearly there are different types of homosexuals as well (at least 4, 6 if you include bisexuals?). One for each gender having a sexual predisposition for the same gender, but there's also the case where they feel like they were meant to be the other sex entirely, a female brain if you will in a male body or vice versa. After a sex change these people then feel straight, and prefer it that way, but by loose definition they were homosexual to begin with (and even still, since you can't change your chromosomes, XX or XY for life!).

Interesting article though, his reasoning behind Group selection, Balanced polymorphisms, and Sexually antagonistic selection made the most sense to me, but I still believe those can't possibly be the sole reasons behind homosexuality. I think most reasonable scientists agree that there's likely a combination of factors at play here, and this article eventually albeit briefly touched on that possiblilty. It's very possible that there's some sort of genetic natural selection process at play, but if it was the only cause shouldn't all monozygotic twins would have the same orientation? Maybe some day we'll find out for sure, it's certainly fascinating research. Not that it'll make any difference at all to those moronic Bible Thumpers, but maybe it'll help sway the indecisives on the fence that gays and lesbians aren't "sinners" by choice and all that bullshit. Although, doesn't the Bible say we're all born sinners anyway, right? Angel

It does have to do with the womb. If you get less testosterone in the womb, there are physical and even mental effects.
Check this out:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_24zLyKdI...A_24zLyKdI

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
14-02-2014, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2014 09:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-02-2014 06:38 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I don't know why homosexuality is such an important thing to constantly think about and bring up for the religious and conservative.

Because the question threatens (almost more than any other), their entire worldview.
They think the Bible forbids it, and it opens the Pandora's Box of Genetics, and Evolution, and morality as "given" by a deity. IF they give an inch on this issue, their entire house of cards starts to wobble. They are well aware how much it actually threatens their entire superstructure of fundie bullshit.
Science has come a long way (even in the early 19th C "sexual orietation" was unknown). Religionists HAVE to admit, science has discovered things religion was totally ignorant of.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-02-2014, 06:32 PM
I do know this, though:
[/quote]

If they can have buttsex i say let the gays have butt sex. If they're aloud to have buttsex anyway then why not let gays be gay.