Evolutionary tree of religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 09:14 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Evolutionary tree of religions
Too bad it's incorrect in some important ways. The origins of the ancient Israelite religion in no way happened as depicted, and neither did Islam originate as depicted.
Bitch bitch bitch. I know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2014, 09:32 PM
(19-04-2014 08:53 PM)sporehux Wrote:  It's fascinating to think that only 50-70 thousand years ago The entire human race could have numbered as little as three thousand individuals in a small geographical region and they likely all believe in the same God's.

Indeed.

I can imagine the trouble started when the fans of one god got angry at the fans of another god for some reason.
19-04-2014, 09:38 PM
(19-04-2014 09:32 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 08:53 PM)sporehux Wrote:  It's fascinating to think that only 50-70 thousand years ago The entire human race could have numbered as little as three thousand individuals in a small geographical region and they likely all believe in the same God's.

Indeed.

I can imagine the trouble started when the fans of one god got angry at the fans of another god for some reason.
A woman, what other reason could there be Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
19-04-2014, 09:57 PM
The first use of "symbolic systems" seems to have been "intentional burials". I don't see why we should assume the notion of "the gods" arose at the same time that started, (that early), or even related to it. What if religion arose as "inferred agency", as the capacity for that arose as human brain size enlarged ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Reminds of this.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post