"Evolutionist"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
"Evolutionist"
I HATE THIS WORD! I hate it when people use it, I hate that it even has it's own dictionary entry, I DESPISE IT! However, it isn't nearly as bad as "Darwinist."

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: "Evolutionist"
(09-10-2013 03:57 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I HATE THIS WORD! I hate it when people use it, I hate that it even has it's own dictionary entry, I DESPISE IT! However, it isn't nearly as bad as "Darwinist."

Clam down, you're making yourself look like a Hayden...

[Image: 9f6.gif]
09-10-2013, 05:02 PM
It's a word that shouldn't be necessary.

Like having a word to describe someone who isn't an idiot.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2013, 05:13 PM
why are we so scared of "believe" or even "faith"? They don't necessarily mean to be void of logic or relating to god.
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
(09-10-2013 03:57 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I HATE THIS WORD! I hate it when people use it, I hate that it even has it's own dictionary entry, I DESPISE IT! However, it isn't nearly as bad as "Darwinist."

All things being equal, I agree that it's unnecessary. But give it some time. It kinda grows on you. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm not particular fond of it. I'm currently sending out a survey on the environmental behavior of creationists vs the other guys. I'm not sure what terms I'll use in my write up. I'm thinking I may just use "non-creationist" as "evolutionist" irritates me.
09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
To the invisible part of my brain that likes me to talk to it. "You call me an evolutionist. I don't study or teach evolution in the same way a biologist studies or teaches biology. I do however have a basic understanding of the theory of evolution. It's really more akin to my understanding of my own digestive system. I get the basics and according to you, I am also a stomachist."

"Your lack of understanding in turn, makes you an idiotist" (which is a really hard word to pronounce so don't make me call you that again)

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-10-2013, 06:47 PM
It is just a counter of creationist. People like to put labels on people and group them up because they can't understand the concept of diversity or for that matter even fact from fiction sometimes (creation and evolution).

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I agree that Darwinist is more annoying. It makes me want to call Christians Christists. Or maybe Jesusist.
09-10-2013, 07:31 PM
(09-10-2013 07:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I agree that Darwinist is more annoying. It makes me want to call Christians Christists. Or maybe Jesusist.

I'm thinking: Jesist. Hey, shouldn't Jews be called "Judaists?"

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]