Ex Catholics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 10:11 PM

Ex Catholics
Sup guys. Im an ex-catholic and i just wanted to talk to some people who get my position. Where i come from there is exactly one atheist i know, so im kinda short on conversation with people when it comes to morality and religion and things like that. I'd luv to hear from any ex catholics out there.
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Ex Catholics
(27-01-2013 10:11 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  Sup guys. Im an ex-catholic and i just wanted to talk to some people who get my position. Where i come from there is exactly one atheist i know, so im kinda short on conversation with people when it comes to morality and religion and things like that. I'd luv to hear from any ex catholics out there.
Welcome from/to? the insane asylum. Don't know if I can be any more help than the rest of the gang only because I was Catholic but if I'll be happy to lend an ear.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Lots of us around, here in the nut house.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Be+so+glad

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
28-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey and welcome. Ex Catholics are probably the largest group here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-01-2013, 10:25 AM

(27-01-2013 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 10:11 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  Sup guys. Im an ex-catholic and i just wanted to talk to some people who get my position. Where i come from there is exactly one atheist i know, so im kinda short on conversation with people when it comes to morality and religion and things like that. I'd luv to hear from any ex catholics out there.
Welcome from/to? the insane asylum. Don't know if I can be any more help than the rest of the gang only because I was Catholic but if I'll be happy to lend an ear.

Thank buddha! There Are ex catholics out there! I was afraid ther would be just ex protestants on here... not that they're not cool or
anything. We're all atheists here. Its just they dont know what it was like to go to MASS two days a week... if ya know what im saying.
28-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Ex-Catholic and graduated from a Catholic school system that I was sentenced to attended from sixth grade on.
Never really bought the whole Catholic thing even though I had to attend mass in a Bascilica for the above-mentioned years. The building was impressive, the faith, no so much.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
28-01-2013, 11:42 AM
thats me. I am definitely an ex-Catholic.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
28-01-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm going to italy with my sisters choir in the summer. I HAV TO SING FOR THE POPE!! Hey, i mean i really appreciate going to italy and all, but i hav to sing in the centre of the catholic church as well as evey other obscure church on the italian penninsula. My mom knows im an atheist but she says its a "family thing". Personally, im goin for the food and the modern art, but i hav to sing "praise jesus christoi" for all of the days im there too. I dunno, im grateful but pissed off at the same time
28-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Howdy!

Many in my family are Catholic, but the church never got it's slimy mitts on me. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
28-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Well said frankiej.