Ex-Jehovah's Witness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Ex-Jehovah's Witness
(07-01-2013 11:26 AM)SingingBear Wrote:  Thanks, CheapThrill, Kingschosen! Big Grin

I was happy to visit LA six months ago. We flew out to support my sister and niece who were doing the blind audition for 'The Voice' as a duet (and made it Big Grin). Beautiful city. Good people, too.

And CheapThrillSeaker-- I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not sure of the overall numbers, but a large portion of the children of JW parents around here who grew up in that religion have abandoned it completely and some others, like my older brother, still pay it lip-service and attend, but have serious yet unspoken differences that, were they known to the congregation, would cause them to be labeled an apostate.

Oh! And I only go by 'DancingBear' after a couple rounds of Rumple Minze doubles on the rocks. Tongue
Ah crap! LMAO - sorry about that. Still, it may be your pet name from now on... Consider

Some people don't get that apostate and disfellowshipped is the same thing, just with one less announcement at the Kingdom Halls. Hell, I didn't even know until I got reacquainted with a childhood friend who was raised JW, like me, and who was never baptized, but labeled as such. Quite the humbling experience.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 11:38 AM
(07-01-2013 08:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome from LA.
Who's that guy with the suit jacket? He's badass. He's like Sauron at the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring only badder.

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
(07-01-2013 11:38 AM)SingingBear Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 08:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome from LA.
Who's that guy with the suit jacket? He's badass. He's like Sauron at the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring only badder.
Televangelist Benny Hinn. I didn't get it at first. Sauron? Jacket? Blink LOL

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
07-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Bowing All hail Benny Hinn and his all-powerful polyester!

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
07-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Benny Hinn:

Smackin' bitches up.

Fo' the LAWD.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 1 user Likes thewellkeptwoman's post