Ex-Military Kristen Meghan - Chemtrails.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: Ex-Military Kristen Meghan - Chemtrails.
Here I am thinking she came back. Dodgy

I mentioned in my latest gnostic atheism thread that you can talk anybody into anything, and of course, the first person you can talk into something is yourself. As for proponents of this ridiculousness, I find her the most likable. Tongue

Personal "greatest experience" in this matter is that it violates parsimony. But the US government is kinda whack. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
I just finished a book, "The Trouble with Physics" by Kim Smolin. That was a depressing book. One would think that people doing physics at that level would have some immunity to being members of a cult (the cult of string theory), but that is not the case. Apparently the desire to be "IN" is very primal, and being a rational person is harder than I thought. I am blessed because I have aspergers, so am kinda built to emote a lot less than neurotypical people.

Anyway, she just another example that just because a person belongs to ga group that is basically rational does not mean that they themselves are rational. People are made, first to be married to their ideas (that has much greater survival value than being rational), then to being rational. The exceptions are usually children, but they are natures throwaways.
17-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Wink kristen meghan on vaccines
posting my interaction here, because well, this was the first link that came up when i googled her name and vaccines.

i'm a libertarian and have been fbk friends with kristen for a long time, although don't generally or agree on her more conspiratorial posts but also respect her as a person and in the past have respectfully disagreed on some things, rare occasions which i doubt she remembers yet i believed her to be a reasonable person.

today she made a post of how she is pissed off that no one does vaccine research, and if they followed 7 steps, they'd be able to them make an informed decision, presumably not to vaccinate and stop calling her a quack.

the comments with filled with pats on the back outside of mine. i did not actually say you are wrong/right on vax - i offered up the first or second actually critical response, where i stated the steps were far too general and i don't think the 'average' person with 'simple' research (her words) will accurately understand what they are looking at and be able to draw good conclusions from it. and that her argument could be made much stronger and persuasive by carrying out the steps specifically for something which could also then have an opposing scientific response made to it.

the original 7 step vaccine thread is this one:
https://www.facebook.com/kristenmeghan/p...nref=story

it appears my top level response and the child conversation is no longer there (mike, a long comment)

however i did have some old state windows open as well as the draft of my last response in this thread (which did get posted), as follows:

[Image: k0.png]

[Image: k1.png]

[Image: k2.png]

[Image: k3.png]

we had some shorter responses after this of a similar tone.

she then posted a new status update about how people are so entitled on social media, and i thought oh, here it comes. it actually started out with 2 examples of... not me, so i thought oh maybe this isn't about me. and then the 3rd example - someone in the vaccine thread expecting she should write a free case study or risk assessment for them. she did not name me but encouraged people to go read the thread. this post already had some yeah kristen go kristen activity on it.

i responded pretty quickly and made it clear i had zero expectation of a free case study that i was entitled to - after all, if an average person can come to the same conclusion as her with simple logic, why would one need a trained professional to write a $1500 case study? i pointed out my posts boiled down to simple critique, and asked if the problem what that i really wanted a free case study, or if she can't handle constructive criticism. she blocked me after that. i have a throwaway facebook account where i am not friends with her but it appears the entitled status update is entirely gone, and all of my posts on her 7 step vaccine update have been deleted.

i was ready to call the exchange over anyway, although i think blocking someone and hiding what you said is an act of intellectual cowardice, and annoys me quite greatly, so here it is getting documented somewhere even if nobody ever reads it.

sorry for the bump, 2 year old thread.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 05:53 AM
(17-06-2015 04:06 PM)sickmint79 Wrote:  posting my interaction here, because well, this was the first link that came up when i googled her name and vaccines.

i'm a libertarian and have been fbk friends with kristen for a long time, although don't generally or agree on her more conspiratorial posts but also respect her as a person and in the past have respectfully disagreed on some things, rare occasions which i doubt she remembers yet i believed her to be a reasonable person.

today she made a post of how she is pissed off that no one does vaccine research, and if they followed 7 steps, they'd be able to them make an informed decision, presumably not to vaccinate and stop calling her a quack.

the comments with filled with pats on the back outside of mine. i did not actually say you are wrong/right on vax - i offered up the first or second actually critical response, where i stated the steps were far too general and i don't think the 'average' person with 'simple' research (her words) will accurately understand what they are looking at and be able to draw good conclusions from it. and that her argument could be made much stronger and persuasive by carrying out the steps specifically for something which could also then have an opposing scientific response made to it.

the original 7 step vaccine thread is this one:
https://www.facebook.com/kristenmeghan/p...nref=story

it appears my top level response and the child conversation is no longer there (mike, a long comment)

however i did have some old state windows open as well as the draft of my last response in this thread (which did get posted), as follows:

[Image: k0.png]

[Image: k1.png]

[Image: k2.png]

[Image: k3.png]

we had some shorter responses after this of a similar tone.

she then posted a new status update about how people are so entitled on social media, and i thought oh, here it comes. it actually started out with 2 examples of... not me, so i thought oh maybe this isn't about me. and then the 3rd example - someone in the vaccine thread expecting she should write a free case study or risk assessment for them. she did not name me but encouraged people to go read the thread. this post already had some yeah kristen go kristen activity on it.

i responded pretty quickly and made it clear i had zero expectation of a free case study that i was entitled to - after all, if an average person can come to the same conclusion as her with simple logic, why would one need a trained professional to write a $1500 case study? i pointed out my posts boiled down to simple critique, and asked if the problem what that i really wanted a free case study, or if she can't handle constructive criticism. she blocked me after that. i have a throwaway facebook account where i am not friends with her but it appears the entitled status update is entirely gone, and all of my posts on her 7 step vaccine update have been deleted.

i was ready to call the exchange over anyway, although i think blocking someone and hiding what you said is an act of intellectual cowardice, and annoys me quite greatly, so here it is getting documented somewhere even if nobody ever reads it.

sorry for the bump, 2 year old thread.

Her "analysis" of what is in vaccines and their effects is deeply flawed and full of confirmation bias.

Trusting her would be idiotic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-06-2015, 06:15 AM
(17-06-2015 04:06 PM)sickmint79 Wrote:  i was ready to call the exchange over anyway, although i think blocking someone and hiding what you said is an act of intellectual cowardice, and annoys me quite greatly, so here it is getting documented somewhere even if nobody ever reads it.

Them what's fucken nuts don't like it when someone shows them to be fucken nuts and they don't have a response. It was her FB wall, of course she was gonna delete it. She doesn't want her followers seeing her goof up. Welcome to TTA Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post