Ex-Mormon gets excommunicated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Ex-Mormon gets excommunicated
An ex-Mormon blogger gets excommunicated not because of his doubts but, because he was leading others away and attacking the church's teachings.

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/8656215...gle.com%2F

I posted the link from a Mormon site.

What's confusing about this is that he's been running this blog for 10 years as a member, even though he hasn't been to church and hasn't believed in a while. But, in the end of the article it states him as saying he considers himself Mormon (I wonder if the writer inserted this, I couldn't find it in other articles). Also, if he knew this day was coming why didn't he just denounce his membership a long time ago? Did he do it for publicity?

On another note, if a belief and church history that is taught to be true is true, the religion should not have to excommunicate anyone. It should be able to disprove all of the issues brought before it and not lose any believers in the process. But, this is not the case as this religion appears to me to be falling apart rather quickly and the leaders are still saying otherwise to their followers (half of my family is Mormon and thinks the church is growing faster than any other church). There are many articles showing that members are leaving in droves. The problem with a lot of people leaving the church is that they are only considered "in-active" and you actually have to fill out paperwork to officiality be taken off their records. A lot of people don't know this including myself until recently.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Ex-Mormon gets excommunicated
I first noticed Mormon Stories when the tale of Jeremy Runnells was posted on TTA.

tbh, I'm amazed this didn't happen long ago.

11-02-2015, 03:13 PM
(11-02-2015 12:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I first noticed Mormon Stories when the tale of Jeremy Runnells was posted on TTA.

tbh, I'm amazed this didn't happen long ago.

I found his letter last year and it helps me confirm my disbelief. I've emailed him and had a short conversation. There's a lot of good information he's out in his letter.

I've sent his letter to my dad a few months back to see what he thought of it and he couldn't come up with an answer for anything. I got a call from my dad a couple weeks ago with the usual last effort of telling me I'm confused and to open my heart to the book of Mormon so it can reveal itself to me.

I don't understand how this religion still exists with everything that is known about it.
11-02-2015, 03:16 PM
(11-02-2015 03:13 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  ...
I don't understand how this religion still exists with everything that is known about it.

... and there's a Nobel Prize waiting for anyone who can.

Wink

11-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Don't worry, he'll be rebaptized after death.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-02-2015, 06:03 PM
(11-02-2015 03:16 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Don't worry, he'll be rebaptized after death.

You'll probably all be Mormon after death if the religion sticks around long enough