Ex-Mormon headed to hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Ex-Mormon headed to hell
Lifelong Mormon who had some leadership positions. Related to Mormon Church leaders on both sides of family including founder Joseph Smith (the prophet), Heber C Kimball (original LDS apostle), and Parley Pratt (original LDS Apostle), and several other apostles and prophets. I figured out it was a cult at 43 and left. Lost family, friends and so on as a result of just asking a few questions early on in my exit education. I thought it was just a Mormon thing but then I listened to the podcast and heard parallel stories.

After leaving I thought Jesus had to be true. Searched for other "Christians"...many were waiting to "help" and "save me"... found they were also a crock of shit. Also found they were nearly as strange as Mormons. Then I found science, I guess it was my last resort. Found it simply answered the questions I had and or admitted it was still searching for answers. Pretty awesome but I'm still trying to overcome years of programing that god is watching me and I'm going to hell...also trying to un-ass myself of my pre-1990 LDS temple suicide death oaths which creep into dreams occasionally to remind me I did that silly shit.

I currently live in Utah where my bishopric has scared off the neighbors and anyone around from talking or even saying hello, it's what Jesus would do. Other than that I'm rebuilding a much more positive life and it feels pretty awesome. I want to say fuck you religion.

Give me a shout if you have moved past the cult and often say what the fuck did I believe and waste all that time and money on.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SteveK's post
20-08-2012, 04:18 AM
RE: Ex-Mormon headed to hell
Welcome.

[Image: opforum1.png]
20-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are searching for here.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
20-08-2012, 05:31 AM
(20-08-2012 04:00 AM)SteveK Wrote:  Lifelong Mormon who had some leadership positions. Related to Mormon Church leaders on both sides of family including founder Joseph Smith (the prophet), Heber C Kimball (original LDS apostle), and Parley Pratt (original LDS Apostle), and several other apostles and prophets. I figured out it was a cult at 43 and left. Lost family, friends and so on as a result of just asking a few questions early on in my exit education. I thought it was just a Mormon thing but then I listened to the podcast and heard parallel stories.

After leaving I thought Jesus had to be true. Searched for other "Christians"...many were waiting to "help" and "save me"... found they were also a crock of shit. Also found they were nearly as strange as Mormons. Then I found science, I guess it was my last resort. Found it simply answered the questions I had and or admitted it was still searching for answers. Pretty awesome but I'm still trying to overcome years of programing that god is watching me and I'm going to hell...also trying to un-ass myself of my pre-1990 LDS temple suicide death oaths which creep into dreams occasionally to remind me I did that silly shit.

I currently live in Utah where my bishopric has scared off the neighbors and anyone around from talking or even saying hello, it's what Jesus would do. Other than that I'm rebuilding a much more positive life and it feels pretty awesome. I want to say fuck you religion.

Give me a shout if you have moved past the cult and often say what the fuck did I believe and waste all that time and money on.

Welcome to the forum. And reality.
I find it hard to fathom how anyone can believe that silly, obviously made-up, religion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Ex-Mormon headed to hell
Hey Steve. Glad you found us. It sounds like you can really benefit from a place such as this.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Wow Steve!

I am sorry that I cannot empathise but I sure do sympathise... that's some heavy shit you've been / are going through.

Anything we can do to help... just ask Erx!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
20-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Welcome Steve Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume