Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: Ex-Mormon headed to hell
Welcome Smile
Find all posts by this user
20-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Been there done the same thing. Mine was the Christian church. It's all myth and in time you will see how you have been deceived and brain washed from childhood. Just don't take it out on yourself. Most of the people on here have come out of the church.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
20-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey Steve, now that you've been properly welcomed, it's time for us to start asking embarrassing questions. Like, can you expand upon the comment about the Suicide Oaths? What's up with that? Shocking

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. The comment I made about death oaths in the LDS temple refers to the oaths Mormons took in temples up to 1990 wherein the oaths were accompanied by "penalties" the penalties were pretty graphic and included acting out cutting your throat, thumb against neck drawing it across neck and saying I would rather take my own life then reveal... One was disemboweling yourself and it just got worse from there...including graphic text including ripping your tongue out "by its roots"... Under pressure the church removed this in 1990 and most young Mormons have no clue and think people are lying about it. It is well documented on the Internet. If your interested you can type in pre-1990 LDS temple ceremony and watch a video of it actually taped by someone attending the temple who secretly taped it, and read the full text of the ceremony. The ceremony was changed several times and what few Americans know or care to know is that it included an oath to get revenge on the US government (also well documented and can be found on line). What amazes me today is that no one seems to care about what Mitt has taken oaths to do or not do in the temple. Every Mormon takes oaths to obey the Prophet without question, to give all of their time talents and excess to the church. Looking back at it I see where Mitt will obviously be beholding to his church. Not to get political but I think people should wake up on it.
[+] 1 user Likes SteveK's post
20-08-2012, 01:39 PM
(20-08-2012 01:36 PM)SteveK Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome everyone. The comment I made about death oaths in the LDS temple refers to the oaths Mormons took in temples up to 1990 wherein the oaths were accompanied by "penalties" the penalties were pretty graphic and included acting out cutting your throat, thumb against neck drawing it across neck and saying I would rather take my own life then reveal... One was disemboweling yourself and it just got worse from there...including graphic text including ripping your tongue out "by its roots"... Under pressure the church removed this in 1990 and most young Mormons have no clue and think people are lying about it. It is well documented on the Internet. If your interested you can type in pre-1990 LDS temple ceremony and watch a video of it actually taped by someone attending the temple who secretly taped it, and read the full text of the ceremony. The ceremony was changed several times and what few Americans know or care to know is that it included an oath to get revenge on the US government (also well documented and can be found on line). What amazes me today is that no one seems to care about what Mitt has taken oaths to do or not do in the temple. Every Mormon takes oaths to obey the Prophet without question, to give all of their time talents and excess to the church. Looking back at it I see where Mitt will obviously be beholding to his church. Not to get political but I think people should wake up on it.

Mitt either believes the Mormon faith and is nuts, or he doesn't and is a hypocrite.

President? I don't fucking think so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Here is a Wiki link to the LDS suicide penalties that were performed in temples until 1990: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_(Mormonism) FYI today the penalty portion is basically an oath of horrible things happening to you.
20-08-2012, 01:43 PM
(20-08-2012 12:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Steve, now that you've been properly welcomed, it's time for us to start asking embarrassing questions. Like, can you expand upon the comment about the Suicide Oaths? What's up with that? Shocking

See below, thanks
[+] 1 user Likes SteveK's post
20-08-2012, 02:07 PM
What a interesting family you have, I'm sure you will love this place. Welcome to the TTA family!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
20-08-2012, 03:09 PM
(20-08-2012 01:42 PM)SteveK Wrote:  Here is a Wiki link to the LDS suicide penalties that were performed in temples until 1990: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_(Mormonism) FYI today the penalty portion is basically an oath of horrible things happening to you.

This reminds me of what I've heard about the oaths Freemasons take. They allegedly do the same mimicking of cutting their own throats if they reveal their secrets.

EDIT: after reading the wiki article, they apparently were also reminded of freemasonry. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel