Exact worries in dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Exact worries in dreams
Hi folks,

Does anyone get this?

Last night I dreamed that I was with a pretty girl. She said, "You don't look well. Have you got liver disease?" WTF!

Now, this doesn't sound much but it is exactly what I was worrying about in the day. In the past I have had dreams that come more subtly, with metaphors and maybe surreal, but this was direct, in my face. Of course I woke up and was right into the bathroom looking at my bloodshot eyes! ShockingLaugh out load

Is it just me?

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 05:09 AM
RE: Exact worries in dreams
(29-07-2017 01:46 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi folks,

Does anyone get this?

Last night I dreamed that I was with a pretty girl. She said, "You don't look well. Have you got liver disease?" WTF!

Now, this doesn't sound much but it is exactly what I was worrying about in the day. In the past I have had dreams that come more subtly, with metaphors and maybe surreal, but this was direct, in my face. Of course I woke up and was right into the bathroom looking at my bloodshot eyes! ShockingLaugh out load

Is it just me?

D.

Just you who dreams of pretty girls? No Blush

It's quite normal to process one's waking sensory input (data) and thoughts (information processing) during sleep. From what I've read the brain simulates future probable selves to see which ones survive and which ones get eaten by snakes or eagles (social embarrassment etc.).

Usually, since the brain apps that control movement and hi-res alertness (focus) are inhibited, the data processing is not guided or goal-orientated so you get some weird shit.

I'm guessing that this dream might have occurred in a near-awake state which is why there was a focus so close to reality.

[Image: good-sleep-1408461854-finn-column-width-inline.jpg]

So Dopamine was doing its thing inhibiting the effects of norepinephrine (which is involved in controlling the making and release of melatonin which promotes sleep) - and as dopamine is the one for pleasure/pain ... hence the pretty girl.

Likewise your serotonin levels might have been high hence being nearly awake and in a 'desire' state.

Best to play safe and see a doc to find out if your internal systems are trying to tell you something and who knows they might give you some pills for hypochondria.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2017, 05:22 AM
What do you think dreams are?

Of course they transfer your wishes and worries into your sleep. I often keep dreaming about what worries me during the days. Such as work related stuff or possible illnesses. But I also keep dreaming about nice stuff, such as being in a relationship. Wishful thinking obviously, since right now I'm single.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
29-07-2017, 05:24 AM

Does anyone get this?

Is it just me?

D.

Yes, I do this all of the time, I'm in IT and sometimes I'll be working on an IT issue in my dream.

It's also very common to have something you fear or dread show up in your dreams, I hate being at work in my dreams, there is a palpable dread I feel when I am at work in my dreams because that's what it's like when I am not dreaming. (I loath my job)

Fear and dread are very common and powerful emotions and they can certainly crop up in your dreams.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
29-07-2017, 05:36 AM
(29-07-2017 05:24 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's also very common to have something you fear or dread show up in your dreams, I hate being at work in my dreams, there is a palpable dread I feel when I am at work in my dreams because that's what it's like when I am not dreaming. (I loath my job)

Yeah, I know the feeling. I always keep dreaming of deadlines, not being able to make it and everyone putting pressure on me.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
29-07-2017, 06:07 AM
(29-07-2017 01:46 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Is it just me?

D.

In a dream, I'm usually worried about what's happening in the dream. Very little of it pertains to real life.
29-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Totally normal and not indicative of anything other than a worry or thought you are having that becomes active in your dream state. Of course, this sometimes sucks that this occurs, for instance on the occasions when I have er...interesting dreams about Jason Statham and I wake up he's not really there. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-07-2017, 07:40 AM
(29-07-2017 05:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Does anyone get this?

Is it just me?

D.

Just you who dreams of pretty girls? No Blush

It's quite normal to process one's waking sensory input (data) and thoughts (information processing) during sleep. From what I've read the brain simulates future probable selves to see which ones survive and which ones get eaten by snakes or eagles (social embarrassment etc.).

Usually, since the brain apps that control movement and hi-res alertness (focus) are inhibited, the data processing is not guided or goal-orientated so you get some weird shit.

I'm guessing that this dream might have occurred in a near-awake state which is why there was a focus so close to reality.

[Image: good-sleep-1408461854-finn-column-width-inline.jpg]

So Dopamine was doing its thing inhibiting the effects of norepinephrine (which is involved in controlling the making and release of melatonin which promotes sleep) - and as dopamine is the one for pleasure/pain ... hence the pretty girl.

Likewise your serotonin levels might have been high hence being nearly awake and in a 'desire' state.

Best to play safe and see a doc to find out if your internal systems are trying to tell you something and who knows they might give you some pills for hypochondria.

Big Grin

Agreed, if you are worrying about liver disease in real life, and there are legitimate reasons for your concern, best to get checked out.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-07-2017, 08:54 AM
I had a dream that my car skidded over the edge of a huge cliff, and I totaled my car. I called 911, and they kept telling me that I didn't sound concerned enough, and that if I'd really been in a car wreck, the sound of my voice wouldn't be so monotone. I was just like "Well I don't have very expressive speech patterns. I thought you just needed to know where to come get me." Then they told me it was illegal to make prank 911 calls and hung up on me. Blink

Man, social anxiety dreams are the worst Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
29-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Do you bruise easily? Skin, eyes, or nails look yellow? Have your ALT and AST checked? I take NAC and milk thistle to keep my alcohol-fueled filter happy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post