Exam question: what would you have done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 04:11 AM
RE: Exam question: what would you have done?
(26-05-2011 04:02 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Thammuz - how long till you graduate ? It must be painful to be called to defend ideas that are intellectually dishonest.

Graduated in 2002. So it's been a few years.

I tried writing him a mail, but I let it go. I doubt he remembers that particular exam, so I don't think it'll help alot. But I felt somewhat relieved talking about it on this forum.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 05:21 AM
(26-05-2011 04:11 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 04:02 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Thammuz - how long till you graduate ? It must be painful to be called to defend ideas that are intellectually dishonest.

Graduated in 2002. So it's been a few years.

I tried writing him a mail, but I let it go. I doubt he remembers that particular exam, so I don't think it'll help alot. But I felt somewhat relieved talking about it on this forum.

My dad and his friends grew up in Communist Romania. His buddies at a neighboring high-school had a moronic biology teacher. She tried to force biology on them while they were in their last year and preparing for math college. At that time if you failed you did 18 months of military service (you did it anyway even after college) and tough luck learning for college entry exams after that. She constantly called them oxen. After college they came back to high-school an told her : "Madam professor - we are not oxen , you are a cow" (seems appropriate somehow)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 03:02 AM

I have a creationist biology teacher and during a normal test I wrote why the arguments we had to give were fallacious. Because I didn't give the right answers, he didn't give me any points for it.
I think the best thing you could have done was write down the proper answers, and, when you're finished, write why the arguments are false on the back of your paper. Because you gave the required answers, he must make you pass. But you have also proven your superiority, and his intellectual dishonesty.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 07:47 AM

At the time, I may have done the same as you just to safely pass the class.

But if I could have articulated at that age what I can now, I would have "used Aquinas' arguments" to prove that god is precisely the vengeful, petty, misogynist, slavery-approving, tribalist, atrocity-endorsing sadistic maniac the Bible portrays him as being.
Quote this message in a reply