Examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 03:12 AM
Examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism
So I think I've started up a debate on the Facebooks. I value all your input if you've got it. I've got a pretty good idea of my response. But I figure it's a good idea to see what others have to say.

So first of all can you think of good examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism (groups and individuals)?

And secondly I'd like to see what you'd say to these responses. I posted an article I found on Facebook:

Do atheists go to heaven?

The responses I got from two Christians:

Quote:Sorry to hear that, Mike. Without absolute beliefs from an absolute God, behavior is simply relative, subject to anyone's interpretation.

Quote:But whoever BELIEVES in Me shall not perish, but have Eternal Life. He values Faith in His FINISHED WORK on the Cross over works, or behavior. He went to the Cross because of what we've done. Our good works or behavior AFTER we believe is our "thank you" to Him for this reason.

Again I've got a pretty good idea of my responses to both. Unfortunately I have to go to work. But I'd like to use this delay as an opportunity to get some ideas from others. Looks like I'll be getting into the morality debate of which I may end up writing pages and pages about.

Thank you for your input.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism
I am sorry but I do not understand your question. Your thread title Examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism, seems to ask about good works being done by non Christians. But you do not actually ask or specify. However all you ask about is groups.... Groups doing what and to whom?

Perhaps do not ask these questions before going to work. Think about what it is you wish to say and then ask us clearly. I think that will be far more beneficial.

Perhaps others here have a better understanding. So I will leave it to them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-06-2015, 01:33 PM
(30-06-2015 04:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am sorry but I do not understand your question. Your thread title Examples of nonChristian and secular humanitarianism, seems to ask about good works being done by non Christians. But you do not actually ask or specify. However all you ask about is groups.... Groups doing what and to whom?

Really? I did say individuals and groups. Examples may range from specific events or ongoing active humanitarianism.

In any case, I'm off now. Found some of what I was looking for:

http://www.thinkatheist.com/notes/Secular_charities

My blog
30-06-2015, 02:21 PM
(30-06-2015 03:12 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry to hear that, Mike. Without absolute beliefs from an absolute God, behavior is simply relative, subject to anyone's interpretation.

Yeah. So what?

(30-06-2015 03:12 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  
Quote:But whoever BELIEVES in Me shall not perish, but have Eternal Life. He values Faith in His FINISHED WORK on the Cross over works, or behavior. He went to the Cross because of what we've done. Our good works or behavior AFTER we believe is our "thank you" to Him for this reason.

Why does God need to be thanked? I mean he's God and shit. It probably feels like some annoying puppy who won't stop licking you.

#sigh
30-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Here is my input - GET THE HELL OFF OF FACEBOOK!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
30-06-2015, 03:59 PM
(30-06-2015 03:01 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Here is my input - GET THE HELL OFF OF FACEBOOK!

I have so much hope that one person may see the error of religion. Give it time, though. Soon I'll end up taking your advice... rather reluctantly. Then you smack me down with an "i told you so"

My blog