Excellent Rant About Meninists (anti-feminists)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Excellent Rant About Meninists (anti-feminists)
(11-05-2016 11:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  ^^^^^ I rest my case.

So your case is that you have none, so you just dismiss instead of argue the points. It is again like the Christians dismissing points without refuting them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
12-05-2016, 03:04 PM
(09-05-2016 02:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What would you call a Mennonite that was for men's rights and liked memes ?

Young.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 09:42 PM by Heatheness.)
(11-05-2016 12:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

So your case is that you have none, so you just dismiss instead of argue the points. It is again like the Christians dismissing points without refuting them.

People who like to argue don't seem get it. There are people who do not like to argue or debate. They are not required to pursue an argument in order to have opinions. I can have all the opinions I want and never have to or be required to argue them. And that doesn't make it a "christian" format, it makes it a non-argument format.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-05-2016, 09:40 PM
doubled post error

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
14-05-2016, 02:24 PM
(03-05-2016 11:05 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I think they're typically called "Men's Rights Activists" or MRAs.

People who critique feminism are mens rights activists? Facepalm The word you're looking for is analytical thinkers.
[+] 1 user Likes Mittens Deluxe's post
16-05-2016, 11:09 AM

I had something to say here but it's already been said
16-05-2016, 11:14 AM
(12-05-2016 09:38 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 12:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So your case is that you have none, so you just dismiss instead of argue the points. It is again like the Christians dismissing points without refuting them.

People who like to argue don't seem get it. There are people who do not like to argue or debate. They are not required to pursue an argument in order to have opinions. I can have all the opinions I want and never have to or be required to argue them. And that doesn't make it a "christian" format, it makes it a non-argument format.

Meh. Just admit your wrong and move on... Wink
16-05-2016, 11:16 AM
(16-05-2016 11:14 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 09:38 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  People who like to argue don't seem get it. There are people who do not like to argue or debate. They are not required to pursue an argument in order to have opinions. I can have all the opinions I want and never have to or be required to argue them. And that doesn't make it a "christian" format, it makes it a non-argument format.

Meh. Just admit your wrong and move on... Wink

You and Zeke could do the same.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-05-2016, 03:00 PM
You all know I am a feminist. The goal of feminism is gender equality. It isn't making women act like men do in a sexist society or vice versa, it's making women and men co-equal in a non-sexist society. It's merging the seperate spheres, balancing social and economic status, finding new ways to do kinship roles, and teaching all of it the best we can to new generations who will take it and do it even better. Being anti-feminist is pro-sexism, just like being anti-hispanic is pro-racism. I hope at some point the ideas "feminine" and "masculine" will be weird or different enough that feminism will seem archaic. When that happens, the word will change. Even then, the need to continue practicing universal respect and regard for the sapient will be there.

That said, some feminists have occasionally said wrong-headed things. A person can be right about lots of premises and still make a wrong conclusion. When that happens, those statements deserve criticism. That doesn't mean that the pursuit of gender equality is wrong though.

As for so-called men's rights advocates, do not presume to speak for my gender. I am a man. I am a feminist. My pride in being a man will be greater when we are not objects of fear or at least wariness for half the population. My male dignity will be enhanced when I don't hear men using anatomy to smear a woman's character. My rights are protected when everyone's are. What you seem to advocate for is a nostalgia for a more sexist society than we currently have. There's no actual harm to men being claimed. It's just complaints about feeling left out of a conversation that is no longer about whether to render gender societally moot, but how.

Well, here's part of how. I am a feminist man. I see sexism around me every day when men interrupt women at work, when men try to talk to me about how sexy some woman is,* when a store clerk pays more attention to me than my spouse. So-called MRAs do not speak for me. Whiny, defensive, faux-victim sexism is still sexism.

*BTW women, you know that a select few douchebag doctors, lawyers, salesmen, etc. still do that with clients right? As soon as there are no women present, some men seem to think the world is their locker room. They comment on pictures of female celebrities, their own employees, even other clients. One more reason to prefer female professionals - generally they don't remark on the size of your breasts to the next guy they see.
[+] 4 users Like I Am's post
16-05-2016, 04:04 PM
(09-05-2016 01:13 PM)cactus Wrote:  At the end of every prayer, people always say "aMEN." That is so fucking sexist, it makes me sick. Rainbow Vomit

IKR! a single version of a man is a "man" not a "men. "a men" makes no sense it should be "a man" or "aman". Or, because it is the 21st century and PC has gotten completely out of control "atransgenderlesbianblackladywhodontneednomanbecauseshesastrongindependentwomen".
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post