Excellent Rant About Meninists (anti-feminists)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Excellent Rant About Meninists (anti-feminists)
(19-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Depends on how you define being a Man.

What do you mean?

Anyone arguing against equality to preserve their position of privilege is a scared little boy not a Man.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-05-2016, 01:55 PM
(19-05-2016 01:14 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I wouldn't say it's totally impossible. Women are already seen a lot differently than than they used to be and in a good way. Of course, some people are douchebags, but it's hard to fix some people. Also, we are used to the culure we live in. Cultures can change over time I think. I could be misunderstanding whatever, though.

This is because females are doing today that they would have done back then with freedom. Females working is not a farfetched concept, as they did go around and gather, and even might have hunted game if needed to. Cultures will change over time, we did go from the stone edge to now, however the reasons why they exist has been the same. There is a reason you have more male brutes in history than females, and it ain't because people need to teach them to be, but instead the fact men have vasopressin, which causes men to be competetive sexual and for resources. You can never remove the ape in us, no matter how hard you try. So even if the culture changes, it will still have the same basic structure(i.e males competetive side) but with different ways to express it(i.e in america you can be a competitive eater or fight to show your competitive side, while in japan you can be a sumo wrestler or a kendo fighter) So no gender roles will not go away, not as long as humans are sexually dimorphic.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-05-2016, 02:30 PM
(19-05-2016 01:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  What do you mean?

Anyone arguing against equality to preserve their position of privilege is a scared little boy not a Man.

A statement completely true....and completely beside the point.

Nobody in the right mind argues against equality. Disagreement is not whether genders should be equal , disagreement is about which gender, if any, actually holds the position of privilege.

There is also some disagreement on what equality really means in practice.

Some people argue for equal opportunity , some for equal outcome.
Some people believe that equal rights should also mean equal responsibility , some don't.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
19-05-2016, 02:49 PM
(19-05-2016 02:30 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Anyone arguing against equality to preserve their position of privilege is a scared little boy not a Man.

A statement completely true....and completely beside the point.

Nobody in the right mind argues against equality. Disagreement is not whether genders should be equal , disagreement is about which gender, if any, actually holds the position of privilege.

There is also some disagreement on what equality really means in practice.

Some people argue for equal opportunity , some for equal outcome.
Some people believe that equal rights should also mean equal responsibility , some don't.

If Zeke can argue that All Feminists are the crazy 1% I can assert that all anti-feminist are the 4chan/reddit MRA mouthbreathers that think all women should be barefoot pregnant and in the kitchen.

I'm not doing that here, most people have a more nuanced stance than that. If you believe that feminism has no place in modern western society you have not been paying attention. Today the Oklahoma state assembly passed a law making it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion. This is just 1 example, and I know you are not from the US but given how often you complain about your country being backwards I bet you could find some issues that have happened recently if you looked.

So yes there are men who actively try to suppress women and saying they don't exist is a rather insane position to have.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-05-2016, 02:50 PM
(19-05-2016 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If Zeke can argue that All Feminists are the crazy 1%

Not once did I say this. I said that there are crazy parts of feminism that needs to be corrected. Never once did I say all feminist are crazy.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-05-2016, 04:09 PM
(19-05-2016 01:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:14 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I wouldn't say it's totally impossible. Women are already seen a lot differently than than they used to be and in a good way. Of course, some people are douchebags, but it's hard to fix some people. Also, we are used to the culure we live in. Cultures can change over time I think. I could be misunderstanding whatever, though.

This is because females are doing today that they would have done back then with freedom. Females working is not a farfetched concept, as they did go around and gather, and even might have hunted game if needed to. Cultures will change over time, we did go from the stone edge to now, however the reasons why they exist has been the same. There is a reason you have more male brutes in history than females, and it ain't because people need to teach them to be, but instead the fact men have vasopressin, which causes men to be competetive sexual and for resources. You can never remove the ape in us, no matter how hard you try. So even if the culture changes, it will still have the same basic structure(i.e males competetive side) but with different ways to express it(i.e in america you can be a competitive eater or fight to show your competitive side, while in japan you can be a sumo wrestler or a kendo fighter) So no gender roles will not go away, not as long as humans are sexually dimorphic.

I see.

☆☆☆
19-05-2016, 04:11 PM
(19-05-2016 01:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Pffft! Both males and females compete among each other. They are both competitive. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Okay. So maybe there is some sort of issue. How about everyone get together and resolve the issue? Think of a solution? Eh. I wish it were that easy. Sadcryface

☆☆☆
19-05-2016, 04:19 PM
(19-05-2016 04:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This is because females are doing today that they would have done back then with freedom. Females working is not a farfetched concept, as they did go around and gather, and even might have hunted game if needed to. Cultures will change over time, we did go from the stone edge to now, however the reasons why they exist has been the same. There is a reason you have more male brutes in history than females, and it ain't because people need to teach them to be, but instead the fact men have vasopressin, which causes men to be competetive sexual and for resources. You can never remove the ape in us, no matter how hard you try. So even if the culture changes, it will still have the same basic structure(i.e males competetive side) but with different ways to express it(i.e in america you can be a competitive eater or fight to show your competitive side, while in japan you can be a sumo wrestler or a kendo fighter) So no gender roles will not go away, not as long as humans are sexually dimorphic.

Pffft! Both males and females compete among each other. They are both competitive. Tongue

That is true. And different people can be competetive in different areas.

☆☆☆
19-05-2016, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2016 04:31 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(19-05-2016 04:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 01:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This is because females are doing today that they would have done back then with freedom. Females working is not a farfetched concept, as they did go around and gather, and even might have hunted game if needed to. Cultures will change over time, we did go from the stone edge to now, however the reasons why they exist has been the same. There is a reason you have more male brutes in history than females, and it ain't because people need to teach them to be, but instead the fact men have vasopressin, which causes men to be competetive sexual and for resources. You can never remove the ape in us, no matter how hard you try. So even if the culture changes, it will still have the same basic structure(i.e males competetive side) but with different ways to express it(i.e in america you can be a competitive eater or fight to show your competitive side, while in japan you can be a sumo wrestler or a kendo fighter) So no gender roles will not go away, not as long as humans are sexually dimorphic.

True true, but the competition is different. I read up on female intraspecific competition in humans. Quite interesting.