Excellent rant against feminists and SJWs at UMass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Excellent rant against feminists and SJWs at UMass
(29-04-2016 05:01 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 01:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I live in a strange world were a gay conservative who loves black men to much, a christian conservative right wing radio host, and a democrat feminist have to work together against SJWs, even weirder that I agree with all of them.

Either you're calling Crowder gay or you don't know Milo is christian too lol.

Edit: We at 666 posts boys.

Well milo doesn't bank on his christianity like Crowder does.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 08:17 PM
(29-04-2016 01:05 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 07:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so is he ranting about how 'sexism is great'? Cause if not, where is the supposed smack down of feminism? Drinking Beverage

It would have been more accurate to title the thread "Smack-Down of Social Justice Warriors", yes. But it would still be appropriate to note that modern, third-wave feminism is essentially indistinguishable from the rest of the SJW identity politics crowd, and most people will use the terms interchangeably.

There is a lot of unnecessary arguing going on in this subforum right now just because people aren't capable of recognizing that.

Well when a newbie comes here and makes a thread with a title that basically can be read as 'fuck you feminists', when so many here openly self identify as feminist, and nobody has any context in which to judge this poster's history or motivation (because it is literally their very first post)?

It that really surprising at all?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-04-2016, 08:21 PM
(29-04-2016 01:05 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  There is a lot of unnecessary arguing going on in this subforum right now just because people aren't capable of recognizing that.

Wait a sec. You mean we have necessary arguments here? I missed yet another memo.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-04-2016, 09:12 PM
(29-04-2016 08:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 01:05 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It would have been more accurate to title the thread "Smack-Down of Social Justice Warriors", yes. But it would still be appropriate to note that modern, third-wave feminism is essentially indistinguishable from the rest of the SJW identity politics crowd, and most people will use the terms interchangeably.

There is a lot of unnecessary arguing going on in this subforum right now just because people aren't capable of recognizing that.

Well when a newbie comes here and makes a thread with a title that basically can be read as 'fuck you feminists', when so many here openly self identify as feminist, and nobody has any context in which to judge this poster's history or motivation (because it is literally their very first post)?

It that really surprising at all?

Well, it can't 'basically' be read as that, no. All it's positing is that he (the OP) thinks the rant (presumably in the OP) excellently detracts from feminists/SJWs. You make it sound like dissent is the same as a personal attack.

But I also can't say it's an excellent rant, as the title puts it. It might serve to induce a sort of schadeboner in people who are already of the same opinion as Crowder, but that's not excellent. Excellent would be if he succinctly presented a strong argument - one that might change minds - which he didn't; not in that clip, anyways. Don't get me wrong - the people in the audience that he was shitting on deserved it, but even that's not apparent from that clip.
29-04-2016, 09:25 PM
(29-04-2016 09:12 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Well, it can't 'basically' be read as that, no. All it's positing is that he (the OP) thinks the rant (presumably in the OP) excellently detracts from feminists/SJWs. You make it sound like dissent is the same as a personal attack.

But I also can't say it's an excellent rant, as the title puts it. It might serve to induce a sort of schadeboner in people who are already of the same opinion as Crowder, but that's not excellent. Excellent would be if he succinctly presented a strong argument - one that might change minds - which he didn't; not in that clip, anyways. Don't get me wrong - the people in the audience that he was shitting on deserved it, but even that's not apparent from that clip.

But in my experience, the majority of people here are the 'sexism is bullshit' feminists. You probably know that too, you've been around the forum. But as for the newbie OP? It's too easy to see that as painting with too broad of a brush, especially without context. We don't know this person, and they don't know us.

So from the outside and without context, unless the rant is going on about how 'sexism is fucking rad', the thread title is either misleading or provocative. Was that the OP's desire? I don't know, and neither do you. Nobody here knows the OP.

So yeah, poor choice of words in my opinion. Poor introduction too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-05-2016, 04:23 PM
I didn't watch the video and I'm not going to. I'm not going to read anything any body said I'm just going to leave a comment on feminism and social justice.
The quicker we can all admit that these movements have been hijacked by nut cases the quicker we can move on and actually dicuss the issues.
It's like the Republican Party and religious people.
When that happened exactly is hard to pinpoint. I wonder if in the near future will people pinpoint when the SJWs hijacked the Democratic Party. Shit, it's probably already happened..
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post