Excited to be apart of the community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Excited to be apart of the community
(09-09-2013 12:07 PM)Shawnzy Wrote:  Hey guys, just made a profile last night and I can't even explain how excited i am to get plugged into a community/safe haven for atheists like this.

I'm a fairly new atheist ( Ex-Christian within the last 5 months or so), and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with my beliefs every day. I don't really have a whole lot of people to talk to about my beliefs about religion as all of my family take the bible very seriously and it's impossible to bring something like my lack of belief up with them without getting the super generic "oh son you're just going through a tough time right now. God will bring you out of this valley and i know he'll change your heart" blah blah blah blah.

To be completely honest, I am fairly intimidated by TTA forum because so many people on these threads seem so damn smart Shocking But what better people to learn from than those who are directly in the line of fire fighting the good fight Big Grin

Thanks and i can't wait to talk to you guys

Welcome to the forum Shawn! Look forward to seeing you around. Also, why is it so shocking that there are a few smart cookies around?! Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post