Excommunicate me, please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Excommunicate me, please!
I receive snail mail (infrequently) from a church I use to attend years ago. Since I’m a nice guy, I decided to call the church so they could save some money on postage, and ask to be removed from their mailing list.

The church lady I spoke to said "it’s not that easy." Apparently, I was still listed as an "inactive" member. I was told I could transfer my membership to another church. I calmly explained I was no longer a believer but they were welcome to send me a "letter of excommunication" if that made things easier.

Remarkably, she said she was able to find a way to remove me from their cult listing. Must have been a miracle.

"You can stick your moral standards, because it's all a dirty lie" -Bon Scott
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like januarymick's post
25-07-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Excommunicate me, please!
Funny! Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I've been told that for catholics the proper method is to send a letter to the pope saying "Fuck Off" in Latin.

I never bothered but it might work.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
25-07-2014, 02:58 PM
When I read the title of this thread my initial thought was that you were asking to be banned from the forum. LOL

I've never known someone who was excommunicated from the Catholic Church. That would be pretty cool to have that on your rep. I think you need to perform an abortion or something to get earn that.
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
25-07-2014, 02:59 PM
(25-07-2014 02:52 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I've been told that for catholics the proper method is to send a letter to the pope saying "Fuck Off" in Latin.

That'd be awesome if it was true. He'd be the most told-to-fuck-off man in the world Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-07-2014, 03:07 PM
(25-07-2014 02:52 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I've been told that for catholics the proper method is to send a letter to the pope saying "Fuck Off" in Latin.

The Catholic Church very rarely bothers to "officially" excommunicate anyone, but there are several things (eight of them, according to Canon Law) that incur "automatic" excommunication. Telling the Pope to fuck off is not one of them, but physically attacking him is. Abortion is another. And apostasy (of which all ex-Catholic atheists are guilty) is also on the list.

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/a...munication
25-07-2014, 03:21 PM
I think probably the easiest way to get excommunicated from the Catholic church is to refuse to rape a child when you're offered one after mass.
25-07-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 03:31 PM by Wicked Clown.)
(25-07-2014 03:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I think probably the easiest way to get excommunicated from the Catholic church is to refuse to rape a child when you're offered one after mass.

Yes...I lost my Catholic Faith when the priest lead me into the confessional after I received holy communion and took my virginity...

I was his favorite Smartass it made me feel special

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8ssoRgMq3MI2Uu90efP2...3wmzTs-7SM]
25-07-2014, 03:34 PM
(25-07-2014 02:58 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  When I read the title of this thread my initial thought was that you were asking to be banned from the forum. LOL

I've never known someone who was excommunicated from the Catholic Church. That would be pretty cool to have that on your rep. I think you need to perform an abortion or something to get earn that.

With my subject line, I was going for a play off the old comedy line "take my wife, please!" Sometimes it's hard to get the same voice inflections just right in printed word. :-)

"You can stick your moral standards, because it's all a dirty lie" -Bon Scott
25-07-2014, 07:03 PM
I looked into officially leaving the church because my mother and sister always said "well, technically you're a Catholoic lololololwe'refuckingretardslololol" so I told them to fuck off and I would officially leave the Catholic church (which I shouldn't have to do, I shouldn't have been made a official Catholic when I was a baby without my consent) BUT it used to be you could just send them a letter stating your intent but they no longer allow that because too many people were leaving (lol).

Excommunication you say though... Consider

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post