15-01-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: Excuses to Drink
We lost the war again.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I found this article on Slate pretty interesting about expanding the treatment paradigms

http://tinyurl.com/qczkzsz

I've studied this stuff a bit trying to help some friends who found themselves in some pretty dire situations and each of them has their own motivations and experiences. While a rehab situation would have been ok for one it would have been a total disaster for another. Pretty much all of them just wanted to dial it back to a manageable level, not actually quit altogether.

I am totally suspect about the AA thing. I cannot believe that it is court mandated in the US in some cases. There is a website called The Orange Papers that has a huge amount of info on their insidious organisation.

I don't believe aversion therapy through Antabuse is much chop either as it doesn't address the underlying issues and people actually end up mutilating themselves to get the implants out.

Is it a disease? I don't know but it is a damaging behaviour and labeling it as a disease almost seems to take away peoples ability to change and self manage. I think it makes it easier for the industry to put people in nice little boxes and peddle their theories. The addiction industry is big business and they can't sustain themselves if their methods actually work. Repeat customers are where it is at.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
16-01-2014, 12:00 AM
(15-01-2014 08:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Your language in your posts is very dramatic. Your emotions fly from extreme to extreme. It doesn't seem like there is ever a middle ground….whether you are talking about love, pain, heartbreak or a craving. Try controlling your thoughts- when you find yourself thinking on the extreme…..try correcting yourself. Are you really at the extreme?

I'm a writer, I can't help it. lol

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2014, 06:18 AM
(16-01-2014 12:00 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Your language in your posts is very dramatic. Your emotions fly from extreme to extreme. It doesn't seem like there is ever a middle ground….whether you are talking about love, pain, heartbreak or a craving. Try controlling your thoughts- when you find yourself thinking on the extreme…..try correcting yourself. Are you really at the extreme?

I'm a writer, I can't help it. lol

And an excellent one too. But that is only part of who you are.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-01-2014, 05:17 PM
ManlyGirl got Girly this for Kwanzaa.

[Image: alkie.jpg]

I says, "What I need this for? I haven't driven in years." "It's not for you fatboy, it's for me. You're twice as heavy as a normal human so I'll give you to .16 and then you're cutoff. Fatboy." Blink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-01-2014, 05:20 PM
I gotta meet Manlygirl one day...she's fierce!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-01-2014, 05:25 PM
(16-01-2014 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl got Girly this for Kwanzaa.

I says, "What I need this for? I haven't driven in years." "It's not for you fatboy, it's for me. You're twice as heavy as a normal human so I'll give you to .16 and then you're cutoff. Fatboy." Blink

Don't tell Manly, but she just cut you a whole lotta slack. 'Cause it don't work that way.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-01-2014, 10:01 PM
(16-01-2014 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl got Girly this for Kwanzaa.

From what I've gathered, I needs me a girl like Manly.

You've got a good woman there, Girly. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post