Executive Orders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2016, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 06:23 PM by Erxomai.)
Executive Orders
The Conservatards have been attempting for years to say that President Obama is out of control with his extensive use of Executive Orders. Today I heard a sound byte that accused him of trying to be a King.

So, here's a list of all the US Presidents and the total of executive orders for each term in office.
Executive Orders: Washington - Obama

The lowest number: 1 by Adams, Madison, and Monroe.
The highest number: 3,721 by FDR.

Obama: 227
W.: 291
Clinton: 364
H.W.: 166
Reagan: 381
Carter: 320

I'll let you make you own mind up about who has used Executive Orders the most.

Oh yeah, and the Emancipation Proclamation was an Executive Order. So were Affirmative Action, Desegregation of Schools, and Equal Employment Opportunity.

Quote:The U.S. courts have overturned only two orders: Truman’s order on steel mills, and President Clinton’s 1995 order to preclude the federal government from contracting with firms that had strike-breakers on their payroll.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardsalsm...ere-piker/

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
06-01-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: Executive Orders
They argue it's not the number, but that their extent constitutes overreach. Whatever the fuck that means.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-01-2016, 06:50 PM
If it fucks up something they like, it's overreach.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
06-01-2016, 06:57 PM
(06-01-2016 06:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The lowest number: 1 by Adams, Madison, and Monroe.
The highest number: 3,721 by FDR.

Obama: 227
W.: 291
Clinton: 364
H.W.: 166
Reagan: 381
Carter: 320

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics” ~ Disraeli

“Never let the facts get in the way of a good story" ~Mark Twain

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-01-2016, 07:30 PM
You're first mistake is listening to anything that the republicunts say.

A bunch of total scumbags.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-01-2016, 08:38 PM
I would consider attempts at shutting down the government over P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ <(childish games to make yourself look good to your reactionary voters in the upcoming election year) to be an extremely egregious form of overreach, but hey that's just me.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
07-01-2016, 07:45 AM
(06-01-2016 07:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  You're first mistake is listening to anything that the republicunts say.

A bunch of total scumbags.

The thing about party politics....

The politicians are having a party - and you're paying for it.

The second mistake is thinking ANY politician is on the level.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Gosh, this makes me sad.

I was bummed out when I heard Chris Christie say,
Chris Christie Wrote:"This president is a petulant child. Whenever he can't get what he wants because quite frankly, the American people have rejected his agenda by turning both the House and the Senate over to the Republicans, and going from 21 governors when he came into office, to 31 Republican governors now, now this president wants to act as if he is a king, as if he is a dictator."
source (text is wrong at source but audio is right)

I mean criticism is all well and good, but name calling and demonizing like this is just such a stupid game. And now with the numbers you are showing here it just shows his claims are completely out of line and unfair.

People eat this stuff up. And it makes me sad.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
07-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Obama's issued fewer per time in office than any of his immediate predecessors, but why let mere facts get in the way of good, cathartic, mindless raging?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-01-2016, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 02:39 PM by Noric.)
(07-01-2016 12:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Gosh, this makes me sad.

I was bummed out when I heard Chris Christie say,
Chris Christie Wrote:"This president is a petulant child. Whenever he can't get what he wants because quite frankly, the American people have rejected his agenda by turning both the House and the Senate over to the Republicans, and going from 21 governors when he came into office, to 31 Republican governors now, now this president wants to act as if he is a king, as if he is a dictator."
source (text is wrong at source but audio is right)

I mean criticism is all well and good, but name calling and demonizing like this is just such a stupid game. And now with the numbers you are showing here it just shows his claims are completely out of line and unfair.

People eat this stuff up. And it makes me sad.

You call this name calling and demonizing?

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.