Executive Orders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Executive Orders
You do realize these are people who work 3 day weeks now. Tues, Wed and Thurs.
Usually one of them is used up voting to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Tongue
That leaves two for bitching and whining about what other people do, so they don't actually have to get anything done themselves.

BTW, isn't it time to call in Hillary Clinton and talk about Benghazi ?
I mean, they haven't done that for at least a week now. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-01-2016, 03:52 PM
(07-01-2016 02:35 PM)Noric Wrote:  You call this name calling and demonizing?

Yes.
Chris Christie Wrote:This president is a petulant child. Whenever he can't get what he wants because quite frankly, the American people have rejected his agenda by turning both the House and the Senate over to the Republicans, and going from 21 governors when he came into office, to 31 Republican governors now, now this president wants to act as if he is a king, as if he is a dictator.

Quote:name-call·ing
noun
abusive language or insults.
Quote:de·mon·ize
ˈdēməˌnīz/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: demonizing
portray as wicked and threatening.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
(07-01-2016 03:52 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 02:35 PM)Noric Wrote:  You call this name calling and demonizing?

Yes.
Chris Christie Wrote:This president is a petulant child. Whenever he can't get what he wants because quite frankly, the American people have rejected his agenda by turning both the House and the Senate over to the Republicans, and going from 21 governors when he came into office, to 31 Republican governors now, now this president wants to act as if he is a king, as if he is a dictator.

Quote:name-call·ing
noun
abusive language or insults.
Quote:de·mon·ize
ˈdēməˌnīz/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: demonizing
portray as wicked and threatening.

The single most pretentious way to make a point is to insinuate the person you're arguing with doesn't have a grasp on the English language by citing a dictionary definition. That's petty and you know it. I was gonna make some counter arguments, but if you're going to respond like that from the get-go, then I'd just be wasting my time.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
07-01-2016, 04:11 PM
(07-01-2016 03:57 PM)Noric Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:52 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yes.

The single most pretentious way to make a point is to insinuate the person you're arguing with doesn't have a grasp on the English language by citing a dictionary definition. That's petty and you know it. I was gonna make some counter arguments, but if you're going to respond like that from the get-go, then I'd just be wasting my time.
Why did you ask a question that can be answered by definitions then?

07-01-2016, 04:15 PM
(07-01-2016 04:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:57 PM)Noric Wrote:  The single most pretentious way to make a point is to insinuate the person you're arguing with doesn't have a grasp on the English language by citing a dictionary definition. That's petty and you know it. I was gonna make some counter arguments, but if you're going to respond like that from the get-go, then I'd just be wasting my time.
Why did you ask a question that can be answered by definitions then?

Because I thought the majority of people have heard the "you call that bad?" expression before... Because I swear I didn't ask "what are those big words you just used, name calling and demonizing?". Whatever, I'm gonna go now.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
07-01-2016, 04:33 PM
(07-01-2016 04:15 PM)Noric Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 04:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Why did you ask a question that can be answered by definitions then?

Because I thought the majority of people have heard the "you call that bad?" expression before... Because I swear I didn't ask "what are those big words you just used, name calling and demonizing?". Whatever, I'm gonna go now.
Well, I took your question literally, because it looked to me like you disagreed that it was name-calling or demonizing.

I didn't say and don't think they were the worst insults or defamation that I've seen. But calling our standing president a dictator is pretty bad.

07-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Christie should be careful. Someone might call him a sleazy fat fuck.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
07-01-2016, 04:53 PM
(07-01-2016 04:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Christie should be careful. Someone might call him a sleazy fat fuck.
*see comments on article I posted*

07-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I see your point.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
(07-01-2016 03:57 PM)Noric Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:52 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yes.

How do you intend to argue that his choice of words is even debatable? Consider

And, no, you don't seem to understand the meaning of 'pretentious'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user