Exercise in prison.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: Exercise in prison.
(25-02-2012 05:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Good topic, and I wholly agree with Stark. Put prisoners to work, give them a sense of accomplishment. The only thing I would add to it would be make them go to school too. No choice, pass or fail go to school. Disrupt the class and spend two days hauling a rock up a hill. Get good grades and be rewarded with easier jobs.

The reward and punishment ratio is way off. Do a crime and all you do is time? Time is something the justice system can't even get right. In canada you're likely to spend more time in jail for selling pot than you are for murder. WTF.
Then while in jail you learn nothing, plus now you have a criminal record, soooo... might as well do crime because the only other option is a job that your parole officer gets you where minimum wage is not even likely and once your parole is up so's the job... rehabilitation technique? Jail is more likely to create better criminals then rehabilitated ones.

I think an application of the golden rule might be appropriate... do as you would be done by. So what would I apply to myself if I sent myself to the nick (as we say in good 'ol blighty).
I find myself agreeing with lucradis. Sorry Leela.
I'm inclined more towards rehab than retribution.

But... a small prophecy:
Adding compulsory training / education into the prison system will lead to a battle over whether Creationism or Evolution should be taught in prisons.

Hmmmm.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post