Existence: What the fuck is going on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Existence: What the fuck is going on?
Set you free from what? I could say some misguided writings made the phrase, The Truth Will Set You Free think there is anything to that idea.

But I think you've well deservingly found questions

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 12:03 PM
(27-03-2015 10:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  In most cases where somebody posts a wall of text on multiple sites they are not at all interested in discussion, they just want to spew their views in as many places as possible. That is the mindset I am questioning. If that isn't your intent then I'm sorry if I jumped to a conclusion.
Oh, I see. Now three or four relatively straight forward paragraphs is a "wall of text." Anti-intellectualism at its finest.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Pickup_shonuff's post
27-03-2015, 12:05 PM
(27-03-2015 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Set you free from what?
Good question. Fear? The almost neurotic anxiety I feel when i've wandered too near the bottomless pit... of thought, the meaningless of my own existence, etc.?
27-03-2015, 03:05 PM
(27-03-2015 12:05 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Set you free from what?
Good question. Fear? The almost neurotic anxiety I feel when i've wandered too near the bottomless pit... of thought, the meaningless of my own existence, etc.?

If it's meaningless then fuckit, let's have fun Smile I'm pretty sure it's meaningless Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2015, 04:15 PM
(27-03-2015 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 12:05 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  Good question. Fear? The almost neurotic anxiety I feel when i've wandered too near the bottomless pit... of thought, the meaningless of my own existence, etc.?

If it's meaningless then fuckit, let's have fun Smile I'm pretty sure it's meaningless Smile
I'm inclined to agree. I don't think there is a way out from it... but doesn't it make everything one does feel almost overshadowed by a cloud of absurdity?
27-03-2015, 07:13 PM
(27-03-2015 04:15 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  If it's meaningless then fuckit, let's have fun Smile I'm pretty sure it's meaningless Smile
I'm inclined to agree. I don't think there is a way out from it... but doesn't it make everything one does feel almost overshadowed by a cloud of absurdity?

Isn't that the beauty of it? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-03-2015, 07:30 PM
(27-03-2015 07:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Isn't that the beauty of it? Consider
Perhaps... but what is beauty? Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Pickup_shonuff's post
27-03-2015, 07:40 PM
(27-03-2015 07:30 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 07:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Isn't that the beauty of it? Consider
Perhaps... but what is beauty? Smile

Whatever it is, mine is different than yours but both are equally beautiful. If we understood it, it wouldn't be absurd. I'd just be bored then, and wouldn't find it to be beautiful.

And around and around we go, it's just a ride. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
27-03-2015, 10:37 PM
(27-03-2015 04:15 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  If it's meaningless then fuckit, let's have fun Smile I'm pretty sure it's meaningless Smile

Er... yup?

Ya know, we're screwed whichever way you look at it. So eat, drink and be merry Smile I used to worry because I felt that anything I did would be ultimately useless but... ya know... why should I be sad about stuff that happens at the end of my life? Why should I feel that things are useless *now* unless they last forever? I can either fight change or embrace it. Fighting it is futile, as everyone except those who long for the glory days of bronze age goat herding recognises, so the other option is the one I choose.

Right now I'm young, fit and healthy, and having fun. One day I will be old, buggered and maybe not having as much fun. But by Jupiter, I will live my life to the max. I will do shit for no reason other than that I feel like doing it. I hope to find sexy girls to fuck...

It's very easy to overthink this stuff...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-03-2015, 10:53 PM
(27-03-2015 10:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's very easy to overthink this stuff...

True enough, but with the right perspective that's not always a bad thing. As long as you're not doing it all the time.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post