Existence after mortal death...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: Existence after mortal death...
(20-01-2013 03:04 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  I learned a long time ago that energy cannot be destroyed, it just changes forms. Isn't our consciousness a form of energy?

Your thoughts, your form, the entire universe ,even 'empty' space, is all connected at the quantum level, at the quantum level we and everything are equal ,higher forms of matter as in atoms and molecules can modify as electron add or subtract from the atoms electron orbits ,molecules become different forms as atom attach or unattach, but the quantum is the quantum as best we know. And your thoughts are there in the quantum. There is a theory that strings are linear and the ends of the strings are the points of matter which appear out of nothing, so if that's true, we actually are already part of other dimension's buy totally unaware at this moment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 08:03 AM
(20-01-2013 07:52 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 03:04 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  I learned a long time ago that energy cannot be destroyed, it just changes forms. Isn't our consciousness a form of energy?

Your thoughts, your form, the entire universe ,even 'empty' space, is all connected at the quantum level, at the quantum level we and everything are equal ,higher forms of matter as in atoms and molecules can modify as electron add or subtract from the atoms electron orbits ,molecules become different forms as atom attach or unattach, but the quantum is the quantum as best we know. And your thoughts are there in the quantum. There is a theory that strings are linear and the ends of the strings are the points of matter which appear out of nothing, so if that's true, we actually are already part of other dimension's buy totally unaware at this moment.

Let's see, hmmm. How about no and no. Drinking Beverage

Our consciousness is not 'energy'. Our consciousness is a pattern of matter in our brains.
Without your brain, there can be no you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Re: Existence after mortal death...
Give me scientific proof to support you opinion.
20-01-2013, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 08:12 AM by Hafnof.)
There absolutely is a form of energy that is set free when you die. It's called matter. Your atoms are dispersed and buried or reused.

"You" are not the matter that you are composed of. You are the pattern of that matter and the flows of energy and materials in and out of the system that you make up. When that pattern collapses "you" no longer bind your matter together any more. You release that matter back to the universe. Neither you or your conciousness are forms of energy, except in the every day matter sense. You and your conciousness alike are the patterns of matter and and the flows of matter and energy that make up your body and your brain. There is certainly no conservation of conciousness or conservation of body law in science, and neither does any scientific law contradict the normal notion of natural death. In theory both matter and information are preserved, but only in the sense that if you knew a future state of the universe precisely enough you could wind time backwards and figure out what you would have looked like before your information and matter scattered to the winds.

As for strings, no - that's not how the theory/theories work. First they are very very small. I mean electron small, proton small, etc. Much smaller in fact. By the time you are talking about molecules you are no longer dealing with strings, but only very high order patterns that strings/branes form themselves into. Thoughts don't happen in the quantum. They happen at a very high level above even molecules. They happen at the cellular level between neurons within the brain. Pulling quantum physics into this seems highly unwarranted and unfounded.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
20-01-2013, 08:23 AM
(20-01-2013 08:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There absolutely is a form of energy that is set free when you die. It's called matter. Your atoms are dispersed and buried or reused.

"You" are not the matter that you are composed of. You are the pattern of that matter and the flows of energy and materials in and out of the system that you make up. When that pattern collapses "you" no longer bind your matter together any more. You release that matter back to the universe. Neither you or your conciousness are forms of energy, except in the every day matter sense. You and your conciousness alike are the patterns of matter and and the flows of matter and energy that make up your body and your brain. There is certainly no conservation of conciousness or conservation of body law in science, and neither does any scientific law contradict the normal notion of natural death. In theory both matter and information are preserved, but only in the sense that if you knew a future state of the universe precisely enough you could wind time backwards and figure out what you would have looked like before your information and matter scattered to the winds.

As for strings, no - that's not how the theory/theories work. First they are very very small. I mean electron small, proton small, etc. Much smaller in fact. By the time you are talking about molecules you are no longer dealing with strings, but only very high order patterns that strings/branes form themselves into. Thoughts don't happen in the quantum. They happen at a very high level above even molecules. They happen at the cellular level between neurons within the brain. Pulling quantum physics into this seems highly unwarranted and unfounded.

Your opinion is getting in the way of science,
20-01-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm beginning to fear there are some here of the same mindset as those who put Galileo on prison, swore the earth was flat, blacks are inferior, no such thing as a virus, and time cannot be slowed... I don't want opinions, I can accept a theory which are bring studied by true Scientists. But unsubstantiated opinion, nope, we don't need them anymore.
20-01-2013, 08:45 AM
(20-01-2013 08:08 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  Give me scientific proof to support you opinion.

To whom is this addressed? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2013, 11:44 AM
There is a part of our essence that (usually) lives on after we die- our children. That is the closest thing we have to an afterlife.
20-01-2013, 11:49 AM
(20-01-2013 08:08 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  Give me scientific proof to support you opinion.
Scientific proof of what? That we die?- that has been observed. That the physical organ (also known to die) known as the brain is responsible for our thought processes? That has also been observed and demonstrated.

If you are positing that something (an afterlife) that has never been demonstrated exists, then YOU are the one who needs to give the proof.
[+] 3 users Like FlyingPizzaMonster's post
20-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Existence after mortal death...
Our thoughts are made up of electrical impulses transferred between synapses. Electricity is energy. All I want to know is where that energy goes. Does it dissipate in the atmosphere becoming background radiation?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Death- Green Burials- Mushroom suits Bows and Arrows 8 131 30-04-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Becoming God - Cheating Death Dark Light 21 449 22-04-2014 12:52 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Gunshot & stabbing victims to be held between life & death Bows and Arrows 6 118 28-03-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Building the Death Star The_Thinking_Theist 25 934 06-11-2013 07:00 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Recent dicoveries about "near death" experiences Bucky Ball 7 409 14-08-2013 02:26 PM
Last Post: Raptor Jesus
  Anti-science idiocy results in death from whooping cough BryanS 4 514 29-04-2013 06:53 AM
Last Post: cjlr
  Sam Parnia: Erasing Death book and AWARE study Lukas1986 33 10,052 11-04-2013 03:17 AM
Last Post: McBart