Existence after mortal death...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: Existence after mortal death...
(20-01-2013 07:52 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 03:04 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  I learned a long time ago that energy cannot be destroyed, it just changes forms. Isn't our consciousness a form of energy?

Your thoughts, your form, the entire universe ,even 'empty' space, is all connected at the quantum level, at the quantum level we and everything are equal ,higher forms of matter as in atoms and molecules can modify as electron add or subtract from the atoms electron orbits ,molecules become different forms as atom attach or unattach, but the quantum is the quantum as best we know. And your thoughts are there in the quantum. There is a theory that strings are linear and the ends of the strings are the points of matter which appear out of nothing, so if that's true, we actually are already part of other dimension's buy totally unaware at this moment.

I pondered this for a moment and I do think I see what you mean. However our understanding of things at the quantum level and our understanding of consciousness itself are still 2 totally different things in 2 different places in understanding. We still don't 100% understand exactly what it is and why it's there. I mean we can understand where different parts of the brain are responsible for certain actions (logical things, mathematics, emotional thoughts, physical and motion type things). However, still understanding it all... well.. we're still learning.

Technically speaking at the quantum level we could be dealing with just one neutron or one proton in the entire universe since at the quantum thing something could be in many places at once so who is to say that we aren't dealing with just one proton and neutron that just happens to be everywhere at the same time?

I do see your point though. One could also postulate that in your idea that you propose, that at the quantum level a consciousness could be part of the same thing in the same place at the same time which could even make us all part of one thing, even in different dimensions at the same time. What if you yourself are part of one instance, me another and others another?

All postulates however. But nonetheless, idea are idea, and curiousity is not a bad thing since they lead us to at least test ideas.

I try not to postulate too many things, especially with things we don't know yet since assumping the most complex or odd even if an intriguing idea does not make it true.

But I do believe I see what you mean.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 10:48 PM
(20-01-2013 10:20 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Our thoughts are made up of electrical impulses transferred between synapses. Electricity is energy. All I want to know is where that energy goes. Does it dissipate in the atmosphere becoming background radiation?
There is no electrical energy stored up that needs to go anywhere. It is generated as needed by chemical reactions, and those cease when you die.

There is nothing that needs to go anywhere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2013, 10:54 PM
(20-01-2013 10:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:20 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Our thoughts are made up of electrical impulses transferred between synapses. Electricity is energy. All I want to know is where that energy goes. Does it dissipate in the atmosphere becoming background radiation?
There is no electrical energy stored up that needs to go anywhere. It is generated as needed by chemical reactions, and those cease when you die.

If it is generated it has to go somewhere.
20-01-2013, 10:56 PM
(20-01-2013 10:54 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no electrical energy stored up that needs to go anywhere. It is generated as needed by chemical reactions, and those cease when you die.

where does it go when static dissipates from a fingertip?
20-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Our bodies produce a lot of energy. That energy gets used for various functions, but not all of it. Excess is given off. For example, body heat. That heat gets absorbed by our surroundings So why is it so hard to believe that the energy generated by the brain isn't transferred in some way as well.

Energy, no matter what form it takes, has to go somewhere.
20-01-2013, 11:01 PM
(20-01-2013 10:56 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:54 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  If it is generated it has to go somewhere.
where does it go when static dissipates from a fingertip?

It dissipates into the air and becomes part of the atmosphere. It still is going somewhere.
20-01-2013, 11:01 PM
(20-01-2013 10:54 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no electrical energy stored up that needs to go anywhere. It is generated as needed by chemical reactions, and those cease when you die.

No, it is generated and used while the brain is alive. There is no spare energy lying about that needs to go anywhere.
As the brain dies, there is less and less activity until there is none at all.

20-01-2013, 11:13 PM
(20-01-2013 11:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:54 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  If it is generated it has to go somewhere.
No, it is generated and used while the brain is alive. There is no spare energy lying about that needs to go anywhere.

I find it pretty hard to swallow that our brain is so perfect a machine as to not produce waste of any kind. Especially when our bodies are so imperfect that we produce a shit ton ( no pun intended) of waste. Our bodies die and decompose, thereby providing energy for plants and animals. Our atoms reabsorbed into the universe.
20-01-2013, 11:21 PM
(20-01-2013 11:13 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 11:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it is generated and used while the brain is alive. There is no spare energy lying about that needs to go anywhere.

I find it pretty hard to swallow that our brain is so perfect a machine as to not produce waste of any kind. Especially when our bodies are so imperfect that we produce a shit ton ( no pun intended) of waste. Our bodies die and decompose, thereby providing energy for plants and animals. Our atoms reabsorbed into the universe.
I must be missing your point. Of course we emanate heat and electrical energy constantly - while we are alive.
When we die, we aren't producing any more heat or electrical energy. We will cool to the ambient temperature, but there is no electrical energy stored that needs to go anywhere.

20-01-2013, 11:27 PM
(20-01-2013 11:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 11:13 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  I find it pretty hard to swallow that our brain is so perfect a machine as to not produce waste of any kind. Especially when our bodies are so imperfect that we produce a shit ton ( no pun intended) of waste. Our bodies die and decompose, thereby providing energy for plants and animals. Our atoms reabsorbed into the universe.
I must be missing your point. Of course we emanate heat and electrical energy constantly - while we are alive.
When we die, we aren't producing any more heat or electrical energy. We will cool to the ambient temperature, but there is no electrical energy stored that needs to go anywhere.

A car that has been driven for a while also gives off heat. When shut off it too cools to ambient temperature. But the battery still holds a charge. It then can be started back up as long as you don't let it go too long. Yes batteries discharge after some time and have to be replaced. The electricity discharges into the air. It doesn't cease to exist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Death- Green Burials- Mushroom suits Bows and Arrows 8 109 30-04-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Becoming God - Cheating Death Dark Light 21 425 22-04-2014 12:52 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Gunshot & stabbing victims to be held between life & death Bows and Arrows 6 102 28-03-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Building the Death Star The_Thinking_Theist 25 891 06-11-2013 07:00 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Recent dicoveries about "near death" experiences Bucky Ball 7 387 14-08-2013 02:26 PM
Last Post: Raptor Jesus
  Anti-science idiocy results in death from whooping cough BryanS 4 509 29-04-2013 06:53 AM
Last Post: cjlr
  Sam Parnia: Erasing Death book and AWARE study Lukas1986 33 9,829 11-04-2013 03:17 AM
Last Post: McBart