Existence of Aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 10:30 AM
RE: Existence of Aliens
REID... come back all is forgiven.

Some people DO need sterilizing Weeping

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
17-01-2013, 10:45 AM
(17-01-2013 06:55 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 06:07 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  The point is. If alien life, especially INTELLIGENT alien life was ever proven and found, I think that would practically disprove all major religions. Laughat
Good thing it wont ever happen. The Atheist model of the universe needs huge size, ridiculous timescales and the possibility of little green men to hold itself together, which is fairly silly.

Any concept that can be disproven just by looking up at the night sky on a clear night is fairly ludicrous.

"Oh hey look the stars are just like our sun but reeeeeeaally far away!"
"Um, no? How did you work out that bit of nonsense?"
"We built a telescope and looked at them, some of them even have planets round them!"
"You know that's pretty insane, right?"
"No look, here's a picture we made of them!"

Funny how those pictures are always false colour or an "artist's impression" eh?

"Ooh, a pretty picture. Can I see the telescope you got this from?"
"Uhh no, it's, ummm, up in the sky."

*facepalm*

So what you essentially have are fake pictures of stars and planets from a telescope no one outside the Atheism club is allowed to see, some squiggly lines on scientific instruments that only people inside the Atheism club are allowed to interpret and from that you infer that the stars are all suns like ours and they all have planets with life on them that just spontaneously poofed into being like you claim happened on earth.

Pretty clear that this closed little club of Atheists is spinning a wild yarn with some fairly dark motives...

Hmmm, I thought about chiming in on this.

But then I realized this guy is either a poe, in which case I'd be preaching to the choir, or a troll, in which case I'd be preaching to a brick wall, or he really believes this junk, in which case I'd be preaching to a closed delusional mind. No matter what, it's a losing proposition.

Rave on, crazy friend, rave on.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
17-01-2013, 10:58 AM
(17-01-2013 10:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 07:57 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What do you think atheism means or who an atheist is?
Well, in his videos he claims that atheists are part of a cult whose members drink the blood of young Christians in their rituals.

[Image: Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif]

Who ratted us out? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-01-2013, 11:15 AM
(17-01-2013 07:08 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  Simply pointing out that the existence of alien life is predicated on a model of the universe which is, at best wrong and at worst the greatest deception ever sold to mankind.

Oh... I'm pretty sure I already know what the greatest deception is. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-01-2013, 11:17 AM
(17-01-2013 11:15 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh... I'm pretty sure I already know what the greatest deception is. Drinking Beverage
Atheism?

[Image: trollface_cut.png]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
17-01-2013, 02:05 PM
(17-01-2013 11:15 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh... I'm pretty sure I already know what the greatest deception is. Drinking Beverage

Amway?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
17-01-2013, 02:27 PM
[Image: ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
17-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Existence of Aliens
The greatest deception sold to mankind is god. Nuff said.
17-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Nah, that one is too easy a target; I thought we had a gentleman's agreement to exempt that low-hanging-fruit from the game?

18-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Existence of Aliens
All is fair in love and war.