Existential Crisis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Existential Crisis
(15-04-2017 07:12 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm so happy you've seen the light, just sorry the path was/will be a tough one.

The light of Cthulu Big Grin Not the light of Jesus. He switched out the bulbs.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2017, 08:00 AM
(15-04-2017 07:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 07:12 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm so happy you've seen the light, just sorry the path was/will be a tough one.

The light of Cthulu Big Grin Not the light of Jesus. He switched out the bulbs.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Are you here, Kingsy? Are you ok? Shy

Perhaps, a more noncommittal stance would help to get you more comfortable in your skin. Take some time to simply not be anything - not a believer and not a nonbeliever. Just be you. Just figure out how you want to live your life, set goals, and strive to follow through to achieve them. Belief or nonbelief doesn't need to enter into it.

You can always come here to rant or talk about food, movies or whatever - this is what most people do here. This place just happens to exist as a necessary alternative to the personal encroachment of religious extremism. There is no requirement to talk about it at all but, one will not be dissuaded from it and will most likely find support and certainly empathy if one does.

We know you know all that, of course. However, since you might be in a somewhat tumultuous stage of understanding yourself, it might help you to recall there are many here who have been where you are. You are not alone.

Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
15-04-2017, 12:41 PM
(15-04-2017 09:19 AM)kim Wrote:  it might help you to recall there are many here who have been where you are. You are not alone.

I ain't never been to Louisiana...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-04-2017, 12:46 PM
(15-04-2017 12:43 PM)kim Wrote:  Dodgy

Big Grin Oh wow, that was fun. I think I'm gonna cause shit with you some more Smile

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Hm, I suppose tomorrow is Easter ... are we feeling all resurrectiony? Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-04-2017, 01:27 PM
(15-04-2017 01:17 PM)kim Wrote:  Hm, I suppose tomorrow is Easter ... are we feeling all resurrectiony? Evil_monster
Not sure what "resurection" you are talking about.
Traditionally Easter is the celebration of the fertility goddess Eostre, celebrated with eggs and bunnies to symbolise fertility and spring.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
15-04-2017, 02:11 PM
(15-04-2017 01:27 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 01:17 PM)kim Wrote:  Hm, I suppose tomorrow is Easter ... are we feeling all resurrectiony? Evil_monster
Not sure what "resurection" you are talking about.
Traditionally Easter is the celebration of the fertility goddess Eostre, celebrated with eggs and bunnies to symbolise fertility and spring.

Not in christee land, mister! Angry Easter is a celebration of a wandering Jewish philosopher dude getting tortured and murdered by some authorities, who were paid to do it by some local Jewish politicians.

Then, he turned into a ghost. Blink

Now, if you'll excuse me ... I'm going to the liquor store because it'll be closed tomorrow on the holiday that celebrates the ghost of a guy who liked to drink and do tricks with, wine. Go figure. Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-04-2017, 03:30 PM
(15-04-2017 02:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Not in christee land, mister! Angry Easter is a celebration of a wandering Jewish philosopher dude getting tortured and murdered by some authorities, who were paid to do it by some local Jewish politicians.

Then, he turned into a ghost. Blink
Nice story but,
How do you explain the eggs and the bunnies? What about the name Easter? Where does that come from?

When during Easter do we have ghosts and zombies? That's halloween isn't it? We celebrate Easter over here, Halloween not so much, we have Guy Fawkes instead where we get to blow shit up.

I don't think the Christian narrative fits in with the actual Easter traditions.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post