Existential Pantheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Existential Pantheism
By "existential" I mean that God(dess) is all and everything that has being. In effect, I deify existence. In no way do I think that one can distinguish God from Being. Furthermore, God is not immutable. Like human beings, (s)he is in process.
Of course, evil is part of God as is Nothingness. But I think that God can be compared to a "good" person, who in spite of manifesting evil at times, nevertheless seeks to avoid such manifestations as much as possible. More exactly, I would claim to be a pantheistic, secular humanist. My ethical absolute is the Golden Rule. All that is required of meis that I should I realize that I have manifested evil is simply to "repent," pick myself up, and carry on as I endeavor to contribute to the greatest Good. No religion necessary. Nor do I in anyway need to be "fixed" or subscribe to any ritual of salvation producing "faith" to aid me in manifesting Good rather than evil. That everyone seeks a "better" life, however defined, touches upon the Divine purpose. The fundamental metaphors for ethical behavior is Light/Darkness and Good/Evil, much as we find in the Johannine tradition in the New Testament. Also from the Bible I find support in Israelite ethics, who\ich started out and tried to maintain that they were a distinctively "upright" people. Jesus of Nazarerth, whether fictional or not, sums up the Ethical Sage. Fortunately, his ethics has strongly informed Christianity and he reflects traditional high Jewish ethics as well. I have learned the most from studying the Bible from Israelite wisdom tradition, a fine combination of intelligence and intelligent, virtuous wise sayings. It is good to be smart and smart to be good.

In a way, I have much in common with atheists. I think that an empirical investigation of the universe fully warrants its deification. In so doing, I distinguish myself from an atheist. I also share with many atheists and free thinkers, in a rejection of all dogmatism and I am fully a rationalist. Even my subscription to mysticism is a rational thing to do as rationalism is but one of two modes of perception, the other being intuition. In terms of cosmic sexuality, there is obviously male and female, or better, masculinity and femininity as part of the structure of the cosmos and the basis of life. This cosmic sexuality is misunderstood by thinking that men and women are polar opposites. Taking my cue from genetics, I instead think that men are XY while women are XX, where Y=masculinity and X=femininity. Thus men are male-female and women are female-female. Thus while women have no inherent masculinity as men do, they are twice female. Men on the other hand are half as much but complete in being male-female. Part of maleness is the ability to be objective and rational while women are whole dependent upon men for the male principle, which they can learn. Men, however, are inherently twice as weak in intuitively perception and need to look to expert woman to access this dimension of human existence. So the trick is to properly decode sexuality and thus exploit its full potential from which the greatest Light and Goodness stem to create and generate Life instead of Death. Until one grasps the someone tricky nature of sexuality, the dynamic remains dysfunctional and and non-productive. So it is by definition, a cooperative effort.

LMB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: Existential Pantheism
So... what? You're looking for a debate? Tongue

I don't get where you call any of that rational, seriously comes up short on parsimony, and chicks with no dude in them? I am not familiar with that planet. Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-12-2012, 07:48 AM
(16-12-2012 06:43 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  By "existential" I mean that God(dess) is all and everything that has being. In effect, I deify existence. In no way do I think that one can distinguish God from Being. Furthermore, God is not immutable. Like human beings, (s)he is in process.
Of course, evil is part of God as is Nothingness. But I think that God can be compared to a "good" person, who in spite of manifesting evil at times, nevertheless seeks to avoid such manifestations as much as possible. More exactly, I would claim to be a pantheistic, secular humanist. My ethical absolute is the Golden Rule. All that is required of meis that I should I realize that I have manifested evil is simply to "repent," pick myself up, and carry on as I endeavor to contribute to the greatest Good. No religion necessary. Nor do I in anyway need to be "fixed" or subscribe to any ritual of salvation producing "faith" to aid me in manifesting Good rather than evil. That everyone seeks a "better" life, however defined, touches upon the Divine purpose. The fundamental metaphors for ethical behavior is Light/Darkness and Good/Evil, much as we find in the Johannine tradition in the New Testament. Also from the Bible I find support in Israelite ethics, who\ich started out and tried to maintain that they were a distinctively "upright" people. Jesus of Nazarerth, whether fictional or not, sums up the Ethical Sage. Fortunately, his ethics has strongly informed Christianity and he reflects traditional high Jewish ethics as well. I have learned the most from studying the Bible from Israelite wisdom tradition, a fine combination of intelligence and intelligent, virtuous wise sayings. It is good to be smart and smart to be good.

In a way, I have much in common with atheists. I think that an empirical investigation of the universe fully warrants its deification. In so doing, I distinguish myself from an atheist. I also share with many atheists and free thinkers, in a rejection of all dogmatism and I am fully a rationalist. Even my subscription to mysticism is a rational thing to do as rationalism is but one of two modes of perception, the other being intuition. In terms of cosmic sexuality, there is obviously male and female, or better, masculinity and femininity as part of the structure of the cosmos and the basis of life. This cosmic sexuality is misunderstood by thinking that men and women are polar opposites. Taking my cue from genetics, I instead think that men are XY while women are XX, where Y=masculinity and X=femininity. Thus men are male-female and women are female-female. Thus while women have no inherent masculinity as men do, they are twice female. Men on the other hand are half as much but complete in being male-female. Part of maleness is the ability to be objective and rational while women are whole dependent upon men for the male principle, which they can learn. Men, however, are inherently twice as weak in intuitively perception and need to look to expert woman to access this dimension of human existence. So the trick is to properly decode sexuality and thus exploit its full potential from which the greatest Light and Goodness stem to create and generate Life instead of Death. Until one grasps the someone tricky nature of sexuality, the dynamic remains dysfunctional and and non-productive. So it is by definition, a cooperative effort.

LMB

Why? No, seriously, why?

Why posit the existence of a god when leaving out god is simpler and more logical?

Sexuality is only tricky when religions fuck it up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2012, 07:57 AM
The first sentence, and the last paragraph are not consistent.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-12-2012, 08:25 AM
(16-12-2012 06:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So... what? You're looking for a debate? Tongue
Yes.

I don't get where you call any of that rational, seriously comes up short on parsimony, and chicks with no dude in them? I am not familiar with that planet. Big Grin

It's not that verbose, is it?
No dude. That's why they are really not that convincing at being butch while men can be deeply and authentically effiminate.
16-12-2012, 08:32 AM
(16-12-2012 08:25 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  That's why they are really not that convincing at being butch while men can be deeply and authentically effiminate.
Say what?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Existential Pantheism
Egor, is that you?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-12-2012, 09:40 AM
(16-12-2012 08:32 AM)Vera Wrote:  I mean, woman do not display true masulinity compared men expressing femininity. What are you not understanding?
(16-12-2012 08:25 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  That's why they are really not that convincing at being butch while men can be deeply and authentically effiminate.
Say what?
16-12-2012, 09:47 AM
(16-12-2012 09:40 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  I mean, woman do not display true masulinity compared men expressing femininity. What are you not understanding?
If you honestly believe this. And if yes - why.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-12-2012, 09:50 AM
*inserts sections of post in google*

Seems original

*Inserts username into google*

Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post