Exodus International is history

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Exodus International is history
To be filed under "Goodbye and Good Riddance." This was the most prominent "pray away the gay" group in the world. A sign of the times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/us/gro...tions.html

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like cufflink's post
21-06-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Exodus International is history
(21-06-2013 09:34 AM)cufflink Wrote:  To be filed under "Goodbye and Good Riddance." This was the most prominent "pray away the gay" group in the world. A sign of the times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/us/gro...tions.html

Reason triumphs over fear. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Re: Exodus International is history
Ding dong the bitch is dead!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-06-2013, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 11:38 AM by kim.)
President Alan Chambers: “I am sorry for the pain and hurt many of you have experienced,” he said in the letter. “I am sorry that some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt you felt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.”

WOW! That's fantastic! It's pathetic how many lives this organization and it's mind rape probably destroyed. Undecided

Sadly, people who follow something often don't want to stop following.
Restored Hope Network...
Because Oklahoma needs more fucking christee douchebag organizations ... so everyone can share the hate. Dodgy

Now, the very hub of this shit is three hours away from me... on Seth's doorstep.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-06-2013, 06:59 PM
(21-06-2013 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  President Alan Chambers: “I am sorry for the pain and hurt many of you have experienced,” he said in the letter. “I am sorry that some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt you felt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.”

WOW! That's fantastic! It's pathetic how many lives this organization and it's mind rape probably destroyed. Undecided

Sadly, people who follow something often don't want to stop following.
Restored Hope Network...
Because Oklahoma needs more fucking christee douchebag organizations ... so everyone can share the hate. Dodgy

Now, the very hub of this shit is three hours away from me... on Seth's doorstep.

There's something funny about Alan Chambers....I can't quite put my finger on it. Same with Cy Rogers, Marcus Bachmann and the ex-gay ministers in Bruno and religious. It's something on the tip of my tongue....I just can't figure it out.......

Oh I know. THEY'RE ALL GAY!!!!!!!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-06-2013, 07:58 AM
I got tears in my eyes when I read the apology letter.

It's funny, many years ago I was flipping through the TV channels & I paused on one of the religious channels as a guest was entering the stage. I specifically said, "What's a gay guy doing on the religious channel?", and I wanted to find out so I stayed on that channel. Turns out he was supposedly an "ex-gay".....which was how I knew those 'ministries' don't work--I knew he was gay before he spoke a word.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Ex-gay. How could someone think that's even possible? Most especially how could someone think that's possible, when they themselves are ... gay?!

What the actual fuck!?

If anything is a "disease"... it is the mind frame that tells one, that one must be different than one actually is, simply because one is not like another.

The fact that this deplorable organization has shut down and apologized is great and long overdue.

However, the fact that another organization formed a year ago and is practically advertising itself in connection with this company's failure, reminds me of the catholic church moving their child molesting priests to other parishes.

When does the idea of fixing something that isn't broke, just fucking stop? When does that become the thing to be fixed?
When is the real delusion finally going to be addressed? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-06-2013, 11:32 AM
(22-06-2013 11:18 AM)kim Wrote:  Ex-gay. How could someone think that's even possible? Most especially how could someone think that's possible, when they themselves are ... gay?!

What the actual fuck!?

If anything is a "disease"... it is the mind frame that tells one, that one must be different than one actually is, simply because one is not like another.

The fact that this deplorable organization has shut down and apologized is great and long overdue.

However, the fact that another organization formed a year ago and is practically advertising itself in connection with this company's failure, reminds me of the catholic church moving their child molesting priests to other parishes.

When does the idea of fixing something that isn't broke, just fucking stop? When does that become the thing to be fixed?
When is the real delusion finally going to be addressed? Undecided

Well on the bright side California did ban this sort of nonsense. We can only hope that eventually everyone else follows suit and we can leave this idiocy in the dark ages where it belongs (thats not true it didn't belong there either)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-06-2013, 08:18 AM
The fundies use the verses in Leviticus to say homosexuality is wrong but inexplicably ignore all the verses about animal sacrifice in the OT. They say being gay is not natural, but it does occur in the animal kingdom. When I point all this out to them, they just kind of stammer and it comes down to the fact that they're just uncomfortable with it. So this makes persecuting them ok and caused stupid organizations like Exodus to be formed. Glad it's gone now.

I even hear people here in MS say being gay is a choice. I ask them who would choose to be ostracized and persecuted, especially in a state where one can still be fired legally for being gay. Again I get stammers with no logic.

Godless in the Magnolia State
23-06-2013, 08:23 AM
(23-06-2013 08:18 AM)cjs Wrote:  The fundies use the verses in Leviticus to say homosexuality is wrong but inexplicably ignore all the verses about animal sacrifice in the OT. They say being gay is not natural, but it does occur in the animal kingdom. When I point all this out to them, they just kind of stammer and it comes down to the fact that they're just uncomfortable with it. So this makes persecuting them ok and caused stupid organizations like Exodus to be formed. Glad it's gone now.

I even hear people here in MS say being gay is a choice. I ask them who would choose to be ostracized and persecuted, especially in a state where one can still be fired legally for being gay. Again I get stammers with no logic.

People fear what they do not know, People hate what they fear, they then find a way to justify what they hate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post