Exodus UK- The Brexodus begins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Exodus UK- The Brexodus begins
Brother of the late Christopher Hitchens says Britain is in a "Pre Civil War condition"

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Now, which other country does that remind me of....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-11-2017, 01:20 PM
(21-11-2017 01:23 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(20-11-2017 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nothing is forever. The EU will ebb and flow, and change again and again. Someday it will find a "fit". Expecting it to magically work the first time around is naive.

I fear, having endured French Canadian nationalism for 20 years, this Brexit business will go on for many years. Imagine having Donald T. around for that long. That's what it feels like to be in a situation of perpetual uncertainty although I suppose the US has it's own problems. Like you say, these sorts of nationalistic ideas take a long time to change. I've also fallen out with my brother who rants incessantly about the EU and how it's ruining everything in the UK. And you think I'm nuts, you should read his emails. I can't cope with it, to be absolutely honest. It's destroyed what is left of my family. It's pretty much ruined our relationship.

I get very frustrated by this rise in the culture of "royalty" with celebs like the Beckams and Real Housewives, everybody cozying up to the Brit royals and wanting to be a "Countess". I must have missed something along the way because I thought the world was moving away from all that garbage, that the Commonwealth countries would ditch the monarchy, but here I am, in my early dotage and we're plagued by this nonsense and returning to tribalism.

We have a Phillipina girl working for us helping with our old lady. We've helped her buy a piece of land in Mindinao and we'll help her build a house there. We were thinking of moving there, since the price of everything in the UK is through the roof, we won't have the same rights in Europe, Canada is too fecking cold and this place is a den of thieves run out of Istambul. I hear Uruguay is nice!

I wonder if it's not actually warmer on the West Coast of Canada then you remember ?
This doesn't look bad to me. Vancouver is a very nice place.
http://www.holiday-weather.com/vancouver/averages/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-11-2017, 02:10 PM
(21-11-2017 09:23 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Brother of the late Christopher Hitchens says Britain is in a "Pre Civil War condition"

Brother of the late Hitchens does like his tinfoil, obviously. There's no indication of anything leading to a civil war in Britain. They reap what they sowed eventually, but that will be an economic desaster. Nothing a reborn wannabe Thatcher can't fix, since it's only the great unwashed that will suffer.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
21-11-2017, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2017 02:44 PM by Mathilda.)
(21-11-2017 01:22 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  My wife briefly showed me something scary yesterday. We've been dreading what kind of bullshit will result from Tories no longer being kept in check by EU. Apparently MPs have voted that animals do not have emotions or feel pain. This is so stunningly stupid that I can only assume it's a precursor to trying to sneak in fox hunting again. The Tories are regressive in their animal policies, but I didn't realize things were this bad.

Article about the above

Oh fuck. This and Coul Links. Maybe it's just as well I'm stuck in this fucking country again. It means I need to fight this shit.

Edit: Just found a petition
21-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Wow. I knew Parliament was powerful, but I didn't know they could decree what reality was. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Someone please invade us.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-11-2017, 04:50 PM
(21-11-2017 03:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Someone please invade us.

I am sure the Russians would be happy to oblige...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-11-2017, 10:25 PM
(21-11-2017 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2017 01:23 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I fear, having endured French Canadian nationalism for 20 years, this Brexit business will go on for many years. Imagine having Donald T. around for that long. That's what it feels like to be in a situation of perpetual uncertainty although I suppose the US has it's own problems. Like you say, these sorts of nationalistic ideas take a long time to change. I've also fallen out with my brother who rants incessantly about the EU and how it's ruining everything in the UK. And you think I'm nuts, you should read his emails. I can't cope with it, to be absolutely honest. It's destroyed what is left of my family. It's pretty much ruined our relationship.

I get very frustrated by this rise in the culture of "royalty" with celebs like the Beckams and Real Housewives, everybody cozying up to the Brit royals and wanting to be a "Countess". I must have missed something along the way because I thought the world was moving away from all that garbage, that the Commonwealth countries would ditch the monarchy, but here I am, in my early dotage and we're plagued by this nonsense and returning to tribalism.

We have a Phillipina girl working for us helping with our old lady. We've helped her buy a piece of land in Mindinao and we'll help her build a house there. We were thinking of moving there, since the price of everything in the UK is through the roof, we won't have the same rights in Europe, Canada is too fecking cold and this place is a den of thieves run out of Istambul. I hear Uruguay is nice!

I wonder if it's not actually warmer on the West Coast of Canada then you remember ?

It's the only part of Canada with decent year round weather. I looked up house prices there a few years ago and found I couldn't afford to live there. Here's a bungalow for $1.7 million: https://www.bchousefinders.com/homes/407.../78918680/

My daughter lives in Toronto so I would go there. It's an option.
21-11-2017, 10:30 PM
(21-11-2017 10:25 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(21-11-2017 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I wonder if it's not actually warmer on the West Coast of Canada then you remember ?

It's the only part of Canada with decent year round weather. I looked up house prices there a few years ago and found I couldn't afford to live there. Here's a bungalow for $1.7 million: https://www.bchousefinders.com/homes/407.../78918680/

My daughter lives in Toronto so I would go there. It's an option.

Yabut, it's blocks from the ocean. There have to be other choices.