Exodus UK- The Brexodus begins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: Exodus UK- The Brexodus begins
(21-11-2017 02:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-11-2017 01:22 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  My wife briefly showed me something scary yesterday. We've been dreading what kind of bullshit will result from Tories no longer being kept in check by EU. Apparently MPs have voted that animals do not have emotions or feel pain. This is so stunningly stupid that I can only assume it's a precursor to trying to sneak in fox hunting again. The Tories are regressive in their animal policies, but I didn't realize things were this bad.

Article about the above

Oh fuck. This and Coul Links. Maybe it's just as well I'm stuck in this fucking country again. It means I need to fight this shit.

Edit: Just found a petition

Thank you! I was hoping there would be one. I want to fight this shit too somehow. I've shared it on Facebook as well.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
22-11-2017, 12:28 AM
(21-11-2017 03:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Someone please invade us.

Yeah, sure and if we try that again, you pull this "royal navy" crap out and call mommy (or should i better say big Daddy Donald) Tongue

Shame on you if you fool me once...

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Now we find out that the same people are coming up in relation to Brexit as well as Trump/Russia. Farage visited Julian Assange: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...an-assange

One of the main financial backers of Brexit is a friend of the Breitbart people: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...tin-russia

"He and his business partner, Andy Wigmore, together with Nigel Farage and Raheem Kassam, the editor of Breitbart London, are the self-styled “bad boys of Brexit”. They’re key partners in a transatlantic alliance, the depth and extent of which is only now, slowly, coming into the light. An alliance that has been cultivated for years by Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s chief strategist."

It seems to me that we are in an age when nothing matters except winning. The Turmpists and Brexiteers share the same mindset. They feel that the "won" and it doesn't matter how they won, we've all now got to live with it, forever, if it was up to them, and not complain...just shut up and obey this "democratic" result.

I'm fairly philosophical about it. These people are not just corrupt, they are stupid and that's the silver lining in all this. Putin, Trump, Farage, Brexiteers, don't understand how democracies really work to protect freedoms and rights. They think like tin pot dictators. They have no idea of history and how the Neros of this world end up or why. The US will end Trump and probably the UK will wake up to this in time. In ten years, things will be much as they are now and so much of this will be exposed.

It will be Putin's turn next...just wait and see.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
27-11-2017, 02:42 AM
It's utter bullshit how less than 50% of our population actually voted to leave, and on the strength of that, we're all put through the wringer. If that idiot Cameron had set the bar at 60% before the result reached merit and/or made it clear it was an opinion poll only, we wouldn't be in this stupid mess.

My wife tells me too that 16 year olds didn't get to vote, because they were "too young to understand the issues". This is such crap. I would bet that a random 16 year old understands it better than a random 60+ year old, and it's the youngest that are going to feel the most impact from these changes.

I expect we'll lose a lot of good people as they jump ship to go work in Europe.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-11-2017, 03:28 AM
(27-11-2017 02:42 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It's utter bullshit how less than 50% of our population actually voted to leave, and on the strength of that, we're all put through the wringer. If that idiot Cameron had set the bar at 60% before the result reached merit and/or made it clear it was an opinion poll only, we wouldn't be in this stupid mess.

My wife tells me too that 16 year olds didn't get to vote, because they were "too young to understand the issues". This is such crap. I would bet that a random 16 year old understands it better than a random 60+ year old, and it's the youngest that are going to feel the most impact from these changes.

I expect we'll lose a lot of good people as they jump ship to go work in Europe.

The rise of idiocracy, for me began when I was in grade 7 at school. The junior high school had a students' council but the elementary school could not vote or be represented. That year, as I entered junior high school, they changed the rule so that everyone in the school could vote. Then they had an election campaign and some of the candidates came into the class and threw candies around the class, and got elected. I was a room rep and lasted one session. The president and vice president chased each other around the room for half an hour.

Apparently, "douchebaggery" has been accepted as a word into the Oxford Dictionary.

It's "globalist keptocratic douchebaggery" which is intended to enrich a soon to be hereditary class of scumbags and rig the financial system so that the rest of us all become working poor, if we have a job at all.
27-11-2017, 04:04 AM
(27-11-2017 02:42 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  My wife tells me too that 16 year olds didn't get to vote, because they were "too young to understand the issues". This is such crap. I would bet that a random 16 year old understands it better than a random 60+ year old, and it's the youngest that are going to feel the most impact from these changes.

Believe me, remembering my 16 year old self and my friends back then, we were anything but mature. It was a mixture of anger and ideals that kept rapidly changing. It also shows in our own elections where 16 is the legal age for voting.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
27-11-2017, 04:14 AM
I agree 16 year olds are immature. Many people here are immature way into their 20s. I think you're normally allowed to vote at 16 in England, but they changed it for this particular referendum. That's weird, especially since it wasn't even officially legally binding.

Edit: nope, I got that wrong. It's 18.

27-11-2017, 04:30 AM
(22-11-2017 12:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-11-2017 03:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Someone please invade us.

Yeah, sure and if we try that again, you pull this "royal navy" crap out and call mommy (or should i better say big Daddy Donald) Tongue

Shame on you if you fool me once...

Yeah but last time we didn't know that you lot could make the trains run on time ...
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
27-11-2017, 06:41 AM
(21-11-2017 10:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2017 10:25 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It's the only part of Canada with decent year round weather. I looked up house prices there a few years ago and found I couldn't afford to live there. Here's a bungalow for $1.7 million: https://www.bchousefinders.com/homes/407.../78918680/

My daughter lives in Toronto so I would go there. It's an option.

Yabut, it's blocks from the ocean. There have to be other choices.

This is in my budget: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/c...nFlag=true

Too bad it's on a bit of a slope.
27-11-2017, 06:46 AM
(27-11-2017 04:14 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I agree 16 year olds are immature. Many people here are immature way into their 20s. I think you're normally allowed to vote at 16 in England, but they changed it for this particular referendum. That's weird, especially since it wasn't even officially legally binding.

Edit: nope, I got that wrong. It's 18.

It was the Scottish referendum that the voting age was reduced to 16. But, hey, we all supported "Better Together" because we wanted to remain in the EU. What fools we were.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post