Exodus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: Exodus
So much... money... spent on... bullshit.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
05-12-2014, 03:06 PM
So... since the exodus never happened, is this going to be a 2-hour blank screen? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
05-12-2014, 03:06 PM
(05-12-2014 02:31 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  So much... money... spent on... bullshit.

Yup, just another day like being in church.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-12-2014, 03:39 PM
I hate with movies like this knowing they could be absolutely horrible and it won't matter because people will still flock to it.

(05-12-2014 03:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So... since the exodus never happened, is this going to be a 2-hour blank screen? Consider

Well, to be fair, most stories movies are based on never actually happened.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
05-12-2014, 03:53 PM
I have to wonder which Ramses this is supposed to be... are they seriously trying to make it be Ramses III? Someone in charge must be aware that there are actual written accounts of his life & activities WRITTEN AT THAT ACTUAL TIME, which have been studied... right? At no time in the great Ramses' life was there ever any mention of any kind of plague. And uh, if someone ever posed a threat to the throne, said person(s) would find out what the bottom of the Nile looked like, in the blink of an eye.

This is no where near a dramatization of Hitler's "last days in the bunker", this is pure fantasy pawned off as what some people seem to think may have happened! Entertainment aside, I think it feeds a lot of peoples' confusion.

I'll probably see it, eventually... for the costumes & sceneries. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-12-2014, 03:55 PM
(05-12-2014 03:39 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I hate with movies like this knowing they could be absolutely horrible and it won't matter because people will still flock to it.

(05-12-2014 03:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So... since the exodus never happened, is this going to be a 2-hour blank screen? Consider

Well, to be fair, most stories movies are based on never actually happened.
except for the ones based on a "true story" oh wait...

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-12-2014, 04:00 PM
(05-12-2014 03:55 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  except for the ones based on a "true story" oh wait...

Oh, are they going that route? That's what I get for not being willing to waste three minutes on the trailer, I guess.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
05-12-2014, 05:00 PM
(05-12-2014 04:00 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 03:55 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  except for the ones based on a "true story" oh wait...

Oh, are they going that route? That's what I get for not being willing to waste three minutes on the trailer, I guess.

Actually, you're right. Even though it's supposed to be a true story, they could insert fiction so it won't be a blank screen. But they wouldn't be dishonest like that would th... sorry, never mind. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Re: Exodus
I just want to stand in line for tickets. When someone says, "We know it ends with the plagues and Passover," I'll yell about them spoiling the ending and walk out all pissed off.

(This happened to someone I knew when he mentioned how the Titanic sank. A couple kids in line got pissed off.)
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
05-12-2014, 05:38 PM
(05-12-2014 05:00 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 04:00 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Oh, are they going that route? That's what I get for not being willing to waste three minutes on the trailer, I guess.

Actually, you're right. Even though it's supposed to be a true story, they could insert fiction so it won't be a blank screen. But they wouldn't be dishonest like that would th... sorry, never mind. Tongue

Well whatever, I think it's good that they are mythologizing these bible stories. Sooner or later they will become like those of the Adventures of Sindbad or Clash of the Titans 1981 and Hercules. Stories for pure entertainment and not to be taken seriously. There are much better stories out there, yes, I'd love to see a Gilgamesh movie and please please somebody make a decent Beowulf movie for once.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell