Exorcism and languages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Exorcism and languages
I have read about exorcisms and I find that many cases of exorcisms appear to be cases of schizophrenia.

But there is one thing that i do not find explanation.In the case of Anneliese Michel, she could talk in a lot of languages (latin, aramaic...). And she broke christals with the mind , put down the crosses and all that stuff. In the video recording she talks in other languages and makes reference to all that stuff. I know that there are exorcisms in other cultures, but this sound as the most strange case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 07:16 AM
RE: Exorcism and languages
(20-05-2014 06:44 AM)sophonian Wrote:  I have read about exorcisms and I find that many cases of exorcisms appear to be cases of schizophrenia.

But there is one thing that i do not find explanation.In the case of Anneliese Michel, she could talk in a lot of languages (latin, aramaic...). And she broke christals with the mind , put down the crosses and all that stuff. In the video recording she talks in other languages and makes reference to all that stuff. I know that there are exorcisms in other cultures, but this sound as the most strange case.

I call bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-05-2014, 07:32 AM
(20-05-2014 06:44 AM)sophonian Wrote:  I have read about exorcisms and I find that many cases of exorcisms appear to be cases of schizophrenia.

The reports say absolutely nothing about any of those supernatural events occurring.

Did you watch the movie based on this case on get a little distracted by some Hollywood magic?
20-05-2014, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 08:11 AM by Jeremy E Walker.)

Speaking in other known languages unknown by the one possessed is an occurance that sometimes happens when one is possessed.

Such occurances have been documented by doctors. For example, in a February edition of the New Oxford Review, Dr. Richard E. Gallagher documents this phenomenon as well as several others happening in the case of an exorcism. According to a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, the case in question was a clear cut case of demonic possession.

I can provide a link to more info if you want.
20-05-2014, 08:11 AM
(20-05-2014 08:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

Speaking in other known languages is an occurance that sometimes happens when one is possessed.

Such occurances have been documented by doctors. For example, in a February edition of the New Oxford Review, Dr. Richard E. Gallagher documents this phenomenon as well as several others happening in the case of an exorcism. According to a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, the case in question was a clear cut case of demonic possession.

A "clear cut case of demonic possession" Laugh out load

Yes, I'm sure the entire thing was well documented, unbiased, and backed up with photographic/videographic evidence.
20-05-2014, 08:18 AM

Speaking in other known languages unknown by the one possessed is an occurance that sometimes happens when one is possessed.

And I have a bridge to sell you.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Seriously? A Catholic apologetics site?

Pro tip: Just supply a link when you make that kind of reference.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-05-2014, 08:28 AM
There, I made my own language.
FKSSIDSHGISTSAIFS SIDSFIDSFIDH!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
20-05-2014, 08:28 AM

I don't understand why you wouldn't have included the link in the first place. If you want to back up your assertions then I don't think you need other people sucking up to you by saying "Yes, please."

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
20-05-2014, 08:35 AM
(20-05-2014 06:44 AM)sophonian Wrote:  And she broke christals with the mind , ..

Why do you spell "crystals" like the sex toy shop?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop