Exorcism and languages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Exorcism and languages
(20-05-2014 10:08 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 10:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  How could you possibly know there are no demons?

How could you possibly know there are no santa and Tooth fairy?

To my knowledge, they don't exist. It does not follow that therefore they do not actually exist. They could exist.

One is a question of epistemology, the other ontology.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 10:28 AM
(20-05-2014 10:16 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 10:08 AM)Leo Wrote:  How could you possibly know there are no santa and Tooth fairy?

To my knowledge, they don't exist. It does not follow that therefore they do not actually exist. They could exist.

Agreed. Demons might exist. They've just never given me a good reason to believe in them.
20-05-2014, 10:58 AM
(20-05-2014 10:16 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 10:08 AM)Leo Wrote:  How could you possibly know there are no santa and Tooth fairy?

Don't you dare go changing subjects. You owe us some evidence of demons. You said you had a link. Lets see it.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
20-05-2014, 12:00 PM
(20-05-2014 10:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 09:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  There's just one problem. There are no demons to do any possessing. Consider Those doctors are quacks and should be fired.

The only true possessions are being done by Islamists who think women are property.

How could you possibly know there are no demons?
Technically, demons fall in the same category as a deity in the sense that one can't know there are none anywhere in the entire universe.

But...

There is no evidence for demons anymore than there is for gods.

And...

Demons are also specific to earthly religions which have all shown sufficient reason to be dismissed. And I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater because it's the most sensible thing to do.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
20-05-2014, 10:18 PM
But I'm a fucking Demon!

[Image: azrael13.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
20-05-2014, 11:34 PM
(20-05-2014 08:18 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And I have a bridge to sell you.

A bridge? Where, how much? I wanna buy a bridge Drooling.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post